BBTS or CSC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamanu

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm planning a rather large pre-order (Batman, Joker, Predator and Jack) and I'd like some advice regarding who to order from.

I like the BBTS pile of loot option and CSC has a charge&hold option, so its more or less the same, which is good for me since I'd need to save on international shipping.

However, my biggest concern is how reliable they are with filling pre-orders. I want to place my orders now while they're still available, but I wouldn't like to end up getting an email "Sorry, but we don't have any available" :)

Any advice from previous customers? Has it ever happened that BBTS or CSC didn't deliver?

If I am not buying from SSC, I am buying from BBTS. Mainly because I have never had a problem with them plus they are out of Wisconsin so I like to support my local places.

BBTS is a pretty big etailer. I find them to be very reliable with no issues what so ever.

Hi everyone.

I'm planning a rather large pre-order (Batman, Joker, Predator and Jack) and I'd like some advice regarding who to order from.

I like the BBTS pile of loot option and CSC has a charge&hold option, so its more or less the same, which is good for me since I'd need to save on international shipping.

However, my biggest concern is how reliable they are with filling pre-orders. I want to place my orders now while they're still available, but I wouldn't like to end up getting an email "Sorry, but we don't have any available" :)

Any advice from previous customers? Has it ever happened that BBTS or CSC didn't deliver?

Once the item comes into stock (even if you have the Pile A Loot turned on), they still charge the item (minus shipping).

Last edited:
Once the item comes into stock (even if you have the Pile A Loot turned on), they still charge the item (minus shipping).

Oh, I've no problems with that. Saving on combined shipping is a big plus tho since I have to pay import taxes on figure price+shipping so POL is excellent in that regard.

My only concern was whether it could happen that a pre-order does not get filled in the end because BBTS doesn't charge for POs in advance and I figured they might not order the exact amount that was pre-ordered. I've seen it mentioned in the Batman 89 thread that such a thing happened so I wanted to get some feedback.

However, judging by your replies I have nothing to worry about :)

Oh, I've no problems with that. Saving on combined shipping is a big plus tho since I have to pay import taxes on figure price+shipping so POL is excellent in that regard.

My only concern was whether it could happen that a pre-order does not get filled in the end because BBTS doesn't charge for POs in advance and I figured they might not order the exact amount that was pre-ordered. I've seen it mentioned in the Batman 89 thread that such a thing happened so I wanted to get some feedback.

However, judging by your replies I have nothing to worry about :)

It's rare that BBTS doesn't get preorder not filled. They are extremely reliable etailers. Look at Gentle Giants Baby Doll fisaco. They are one of the few that got all there alloted preorders to their customers.

It's rare that BBTS doesn't get preorder not filled. They are extremely reliable etailers. Look at Gentle Giants Baby Doll fisaco. They are one of the few that got all there alloted preorders to their customers.

I can attest to that! :lecture

BBTS came through for me and got me my Babydoll statue, they're AWESOME. :D :rock

I also heavily rely on BBTS. Very reliable as far as online retailers go, Pile O Loot, etc. CSC had their system hacked a few years ago and many folks (including a good friend of mine) had their CC info. stolen. They claim it wasn't their fault and won't happen again, but. . .I won't chance a pre-order with them. I only buy in-stock items from CSC using Paypal.

Thanks for the warning karamazov80. I placed 4 pre-orders with BBTS and now the waiting starts ;)

My favorite is Alter Ego, but out of the two of them I'd give the edge to BBTS due to the credit card problem at CSC. Both have good customer service in my experience though.

I thought our worst enemy was Russian Spammers :dunno

Only if you eat two cans of it...

russian-spam.jpg

A collectors worse enemy...The Wait! :lol ;) :lol

Indeed, add to it that I've also pre-ordered the '89 Bat&Joker so if I want the POL to ship it all together I'll have to wait until April!!! :D

But heck, if I could quit smoking, I can wait for a little toy Predator and Jack Sparrow for 5-6 months.....

BBTS is great!

It's the only US store I will use if I have to order outside of Canada.

Back