Battlestar Galactica - anyone up for a Baltar head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully DA should be shipping mine soon and then I'll be able to paint him up nice like.

Hopefully DA should be shipping mine soon and then I'll be able to paint him up nice like.

WTF !!! You havent got yours yet and its not being painted ?

Ive had mine in with Darren Carnell for 3 - 4 months now ! Had it sent direct from Lonnie so why you shouldnt have had yours for 3 months unpainted is a bit of a suprise !

Last edited:
WTF !!! You havent got yours yet and its not being painted ?

Ive had mine in with Darren Carnell for 3 - 4 months now ! Had it sent direct from Lonnie so why you shouldnt have had yours for 3 months unpainted is a bit of a suprise !

Yeah. Awhile back I asked if DA could give it a coat of primer -- because the plan was I would paint the one figure and I didn't want to buy primer just for one figure. I think that seems to be the hold up. Had I known how busy he was I would not have asked.

On the up side, I have taught myself to paint in the interim. I did all the guys in my signature in that time -- so much for my plan of painting one figure and calling it quits. So hopefully it will all translate into a rocking Baltar. Eventually.

Hey everyone, sorry to be chiming in here a little late,
but did everyone get their baltar sculpt alright?

Sorry about the problems of the hair getting in the way, I was quite iffy about the long hair in the beginning because of that problem.

If anyone did not get their Baltar sculpt or something happened to it, please PM me and I will try and sort it out. I don't mind paying the caster for some more castings if anyone did not ever get their castings, it was my fault for having dragged the commission for so long.
Josh helped me a bunch and I owe him a lot of thanks,

dan

whats the problem ?

Ive not completed mine (Darren Carnells doing the paint and Blinds supposed to be doing the Suit)

Ive sourced the under shirt resculpted the hair thats it, the rest is with Darren and Blind

Id love to see some finshed ones myself

Got mine about a month ago but I've been too distracted to work on it. Hopefully I'll have something post worthy soon.

PAINTING UPDATE: It's nothing short of a miracle! I was finishing the base coat on my Baltar head, and oh my frakking god, right there as I was holding it appeared an image of Jesus! I thought his image was supposed to be busy in a water stain on a wall somewhere but apparently, no, his image wanted to grace my Baltar head. I was about to sell the miracle head on eBay, which seems to be the Christian thing to do, but then my girlfriend reminded me that I'm a Humanist and that I should paint over the image. I fixed his beard and his hair and now he looks like James Callis again.

So I pretty much painted the head a couple weeks ago but I've been figuring out how to deal with the neck. First I expanded the drilled hole so it would fit on the neck connector -- but that sent fine resin dust onto the paint job and that created its own problems... Then I attached the head and dressed up the body and that's when I realized what everyone has been talking about concerning the hair. So I had to sculpt a neck extension on the body (which meant I never had to drill the neck in the first place). Anyway...

Here's a severed head photo. I think it needs sunlight to fully catch the paint job so more pictures will be coming.
IMG_4267.jpg

Now you see that right there is Baltar and I want one (Ill go ask Darren Carnell for an update on mine thx) Its also reminded me that Ive BSG helmets in the garage that wont finish themselves

IMG_4267.jpg

Back