Battlestar Galactica - anyone up for a Baltar head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wanted to ask my fellow BSG freaks a question..... If I could get a commission started for a 1/6th scale Gaius Baltar sculpt... would any of you be interested enough to through down hard earned dough for it? And on top of that, willing to throw in nearly the cost of an entire figure? Cause I can get it made... but won't be cheap.

I know I'd be down, but that's because I really want this made. I might be the only one though... :lol

Re: Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

DarkArtist81 said:
Wanted to ask my fellow BSG freaks a question..... If I could get a commission started for a 1/6th scale Gaius Baltar sculpt... would any of you be interested enough to through down hard earned dough for it? And on top of that, willing to throw in nearly the cost of an entire figure? Cause I can get it made... but won't be cheap.

I know I'd be down, but that's because I really want this made. I might be the only one though... :lol
Man, that is soooo tempting! Especially if you're doing the painting. I'm just afraid of the "won't be cheap" part. :lol

Are we sure someone won't pick up the license from Majestic?

Well, not sure what will happen to the license now.... But I desperately want a Baltar head... clothing will be a snap, just the head that's troublesome. But to make one would be a few hundred dollars.... so yeah... not cheap.

If we had a good amount of people on board, that price would drop substantially. Even with 5 people you are talking less than $100.

3 = $100
6 = $50
9 = $25

I'd be hoping for 6-9 people... would be awesome to get that many... And we'd have a Baltar. Hell, at that price I'd commission Six as well! :lol

I'm in if you can get 9 people interested. (Actually I would be in at 5) :lol

pixletwin said:

Rock on! Well, we are at least halfway there!! Now if we can only get a few more.... :rock

put me in the "on deck" part. i would like one because of the cool factor but i don't want to spend an arm and a leg for him.

~~i'd be all in for an Apollo figure!!!!

pixletwin said:

He'd be great if enough people were in on it. Count me in for that :rock2 :rock....but the more pressing question would be: can I get a six in my head just for me?

DarkArtist81 said:
.... But I desperately want Baltar head... clothing will be a snap, just the head that's troublesome."

You and Six both my friend... you and Six both....

:rotfl j/k - couldn't resist ...

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Well, so far we are up to 5 people...about $60 per person.... still a little steep, but better than it was... Any more on board? :D

cylon.gif
Thanks for the thread Dave!
cylon.gif

For those uninitiated.... We are trying to commission a Gaius Baltar head and possibly Number Six to accompany him, but we need more people to make it less expensive for everyone. So far we have 5...
cylon.gif

Anyone else interested??

I'd be most grateful for a Colicos "Baltar", but if it will help you get it to the 9 plateau, I'm in for this other version.

Awesome guys!! Now that we have 7 people... Heads are at $40 a pop!
cylon.gif

Not too bad.... Now if we can just get a few more people we will be ready to go ahead and get this baby started! :D

And at least you can have it painted for free, Steve...;)

Ironman1188 said:
BTW, who do you have in mind for the sculpting duty?

Sunohc. I was blown away by his work on Jim Kelly and PM'd him about this project, I really think he can give us a really nice Baltar and Six, he keeps improving with each piece and I have faith it will be amazing when it's all said and done....

As far as Baltar goes, the thing I keep tossing up in my mind... Which version do we want? Clean faced early Baltar, Scruffy President Baltar or Bearded Pariah Baltar?

I'm more partial to the bearded or scruffy versions myself, but I am interested to know what you guys think?
cylon.gif

I'd be down for a Baltar and or Six heads. Love BattleStar. So count me in.

As for the version I'd agree with either bearded or scruffy.

DarkArtist81 said:
Sunohc. I was blown away by his work on Jim Kelly and PM'd him about this project, I really think he can give us a really nice Baltar and Six, he keeps improving with each piece and I have faith it will be amazing when it's all said and done....

As far as Baltar goes, the thing I keep tossing up in my mind... Which version do we want? Clean faced early Baltar, Scruffy President Baltar or Bearded Pariah Baltar?

I'm more partial to the bearded or scruffy versions myself, but I am interested to know what you guys think?
cylon.gif

I just received my Jim Kelly and can't wait to get it painted. Of course, I don't have the right body for him yet....
As for which version, it matters not to me on this particular head.

Awesome... Thanks for the support Serpentor! That makes it now $35 a head.... even better. I think it may be just about ready to go... I'll give it until Next Friday and then it's all or nothin! At this rate I can let the sculptor know the details and get these two sculpts ready to be commissioned!

Back