Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think brand its self makes COD have outstanding figures and its almost fashionable for the casual gamer to own a copy of COD and obviously the fact you can pick it up and play.
For the hardcore gamers, its those reasons that make it so frustrating.
If COD paste there next game over with blue guns or better flames, it will still sell a bucket load.

You just get the feeling this series if stripped back and re-done, re-thought out, It could go to another level and really raise the bar very much like COD4 did its day.

I agree with this, in my opinion, COD you can just turn it on and start playing. Theres not much of a learning curve and you'll get your kills and your streaks and off you go. BF3 again just opinion, but theres a learning curve, especially if your playing on a map with vehicles. You cant just run around and spray everything. COD is made for running an gunning and spraying everything in sight. Again Im not saying COD is bad, Im not trying to start that argument, I like MW3 its a good solid game as I mentioned, but I just feel like BF3 has a much deeper game mechanic as to what you can do or how you play it.

I agree with this, in my opinion, COD you can just turn it on and start playing. Theres not much of a learning curve and you'll get your kills and your streaks and off you go. BF3 again just opinion, but theres a learning curve, especially if your playing on a map with vehicles. You cant just run around and spray everything. COD is made for running an gunning and spraying everything in sight. Again Im not saying COD is bad, Im not trying to start that argument, I like MW3 its a good solid game as I mentioned, but I just feel like BF3 has a much deeper game mechanic as to what you can do or how you play it.

Totaly agree..:exactly:

MW3 for show, BF3 for pro's.....:lol

The trick is following techbargains.com and pulling the trigger on their hottest deals. Do you know how to build your own PC? I can't attach the processor, my buddy does that. After that I do the rest.

My box:

$120 for an solid state drive (SSD); 99 GB - it was supposed to be $90 but I didn't mail in the rebate on time. :mad:
$20 network card.
$90 RAM (you could totally get this for dirt cheap nowadays).
$30 PC case.
$50 motherboard with 2 PCI-e slots so you can link both video cards.
$90 power supply.
$100 GALAXY GTS-450 but really $60 with $40 rebate.
$100 EVGA GTS-450

Total is $600. $560 minus the video card rebate; $530 if I got that SSD rebate.

And that's just basics; I didn't add a keyboard, mouse and speakers (which I got from work mind you they're not high end). But it's totally affordable.

Get tons 16 GBs of RAM, a 6 core processor. An SSD helps but it's not recommended. Get some cheap NVidia video cards and link 'em with an SLI cable and make sure your motherboard supports that feature too.

You won't be able to run BF3 set on Ultra with this rig.

You won't be getting a smooth 60 fps anyway.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI[/ame]

Get the ____ out :lol

If indeed that's real, that will go down in history as the best videogame kill ever!

Or at least the funniest BF video ever! :lol

Get the ____ outta here :lol

It seems to be legit. Here is the video of his failures.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BRW39k294&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BRW39k294&feature=related[/ame]

Holy crap, you can fly jets? Can you fight in the air and on the ground in the same multiplayer map?

...wait, was that even multiplayer?

I haven't played regular video games in years... :(

Yes, you can fly jets and fight on ground in the same multiplayer map. The video is crazy because the guy was flying the jet in multiplayer mode, ejected out of it going straight up, shot the jet chasing his jet with a rocket launcher and blew it up, and then fell down and re-entered his jet.

Yes, you can fly jets and fight on ground in the same multiplayer map. The video is crazy because the guy was flying the jet in multiplayer mode, ejected out of it going straight up, shot the jet chasing his jet with a rocket launcher and blew it up, and then fell down and re-entered his jet.
Thanks, I understood what he was doing though. :lol

This game looks insanely cool, very realistic.

I think I'm done with this for a while, other gun getting on to troll with c4 and stuff. I shot somebody with a shotgun point blank while he's shooting me with an ak, then somehow I die, and THEN my shotgun sho registers and he dies after I die?! :lol
Jets are still awesome though!

Back