Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't understand though is why weren't the boxes damaged or warped from the water??

What I don't understand though is why weren't the boxes damaged or warped from the water??

I think it has to do with no silica crystals in the box to absorb moisture than any sort of real water damage.
The bag the bust was in (there was no foam paper) and the top of the bust looked like it had perspired in shipping.

And my Batman 1:1 bust! Can't wait after seeing seeing TDKR twice now! :impatient: :panic:

But.......it's hollow. Why would a hollow bust be one of the pieces you can't wait to get? Did you know it's hollow? Will you return it now that you do? I only ask because you seem to have taken such a firm stance against hollow pieces.

The ones I've already ordered I'll stick with. Like this one. But I won't continue to buy hollow pieces. At least that's my feeling now. Could change after I have this in hand. :D

The ones I've already ordered I'll stick with. Like this one. But I won't continue to buy hollow pieces. At least that's my feeling now. Could change after I have this in hand. :D

I think you will change your mind. These pieces still have some good heft to them. They are not light. Most of these pieces will have hollow parts to them but they are not flimsy. The top portion of my Hulk Com is almost all hollow. He still clocks in at just over 30 lbs I believe. That is not a light statue. I buy whatever I think looks good. Weight for me doesn't mean as much. That's not to say that a completely hollow and light statue wouldn't bother me. It would. I do want decent size and heft to my SSC pieces. However, I have come to realize that almost all of their newer pieces will have some hollow parts. I'm OK with that.

The quality of a statue is judged by looking, not lifting. :lecture

I agree, just got done lifting all my hulks for a photo up and I got to tell you I dont want to do it again!
As long as they get the paints right, this is one that will be kept for a long time

Received my Batman bust a few weeks ago, and finally got it opened.

It had a long crack just above the symbol. When I pressed on it slightly, it fell right through.

SS is refunding me my funds.

This is one of those times I was on the thankful side it came damaged. For the price of this piece, the paint apps were not very good, starting with paint blemishes, paint lumping, and the chin of the face looking a bit fake in my opinion (maybe I have been spoiled by the Michael Keaton Batman bust I have which literally looks real).

On the plus side, the design, the shape, and the base of the bust are superb, and SS nailed this down pat.

As many of you know, in order to get the refund on the piece, I had to break it. From the chin up this piece is solid and very strong, as it took an extremely heavy blow with a hammer to get it to crack and break.

The chest area was able to be broken by hand, which I know began questioning the integrity of the bust as a whole.

The collectors box design is one of the best I have seen from SS in a long time. I think I am going to cut up the Bat symbols and the front face of the Bats, and keep it as a poster, it is that good.

Disappointing as a Batman fan to return this bust. If I was to buy this again, it would be in the aftermarket, for less money so I can hire someone to do a repaint on the bust, as the design, shape and base is bang on.

where da hell is ma bust???!!!!!!!!!

:impatient::impatient::impatient::impatient::impatient:

Angry-Memes.jpg

Received my Batman bust a few weeks ago, and finally got it opened.

It had a long crack just above the symbol. When I pressed on it slightly, it fell right through.

SS is refunding me my funds.

This is one of those times I was on the thankful side it came damaged. For the price of this piece, the paint apps were not very good, starting with paint blemishes, paint lumping, and the chin of the face looking a bit fake in my opinion (maybe I have been spoiled by the Michael Keaton Batman bust I have which literally looks real).

On the plus side, the design, the shape, and the base of the bust are superb, and SS nailed this down pat.

As many of you know, in order to get the refund on the piece, I had to break it. From the chin up this piece is solid and very strong, as it took an extremely heavy blow with a hammer to get it to crack and break.

The chest area was able to be broken by hand, which I know began questioning the integrity of the bust as a whole.

The collectors box design is one of the best I have seen from SS in a long time. I think I am going to cut up the Bat symbols and the front face of the Bats, and keep it as a poster, it is that good.

Disappointing as a Batman fan to return this bust. If I was to buy this again, it would be in the aftermarket, for less money so I can hire someone to do a repaint on the bust, as the design, shape and base is bang on.

Sucks to have him break that way, guess the chest area is much more hollow. I wonder if thats why some are being delayed. maybe there was more with damage. Thanks for the review.

Back