Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shocked that this thing is hollow on the inside. Why are they asking so much $$?

Are PFs also hollow? :gah:

I don't understand,why Sideshow go to the cheapest route and then have to go back recall everything,pay to ship back,refunds etc...Isn't better to do it right in the 1st place ? :dunno

I'm shocked that this thing is hollow on the inside. Why are they asking so much $$?

Are PFs also hollow? :gah:

They are going cheap yet still increasing the price they haven't made solid bust since their original bust back in the day. As for pf the last one I had to break rogue was not hollow it was solid polystone and hard to break

Both Batman and Super will be up on display at the show
Should have a better idea when we see them in person

As far as hollow or not, its not a big deal for me as I dont care much for storing/carrying around 100 lb+ statues/busts if they were solid

But here's the point: You don't get to use the "crap happens" excuse when there is not a proper QC process in place to begin with.

And this particular issue is almost surely do to either improper curing of the paint, or the way it was packaged, or a combination thereof. All are QC issues that would've been mitigated with proper control and QC management in place. People whose jobs are on the line to prevent this type of thing from happening.

Sure, "crap happens". And will at times even with true QC. But the fact remains that it would be a lot easier for people to swallow if they felt proper effort was going into Sideshow's QC and that there was even a real process in place, which apparently there is not. Issues like this are not an exception anymore. They're far too common for a company that isn't mass-producing product in the hundreds of thousands and millions.

This is one of the great dichotomies with this company. Their Customer Service is awesome... second to none. But the QC is a wreck, which ironically makes life tougher for their CS reps.

Could not say it better myself.

I do wonder what type of business analysts they have in their finance department. I'm far from an ace businessman (though I have my MBA) and it really seems like they are funneling a ton of money out to save costs up front that is going to end up hitting them on the back end with a recall like this.

PS - this is criticism, and not bashing. I've spent thousands at sideshow (and I always buy direct) and would love to continue to do so, but I know I've cut my pre-orders considerably and prefer a wait and see when possible now.

Could not say it better myself.

I do wonder what type of business analysts they have in their finance department. I'm far from an ace businessman (though I have my MBA) and it really seems like they are funneling a ton of money out to save costs up front that is going to end up hitting them on the back end with a recall like this.

PS - this is criticism, and not bashing. I've spent thousands at sideshow (and I always buy direct) and would love to continue to do so, but I know I've cut my pre-orders considerably and prefer a wait and see when possible now.

Great point and comment on criticism not bashing.

I do the same, when I can I buy direct... but most of time I purchase from BBTS.. no deposit, and I get charged when the item arrives. Also I can cancel at any time... Seems to me most items never make their release date.. Items I've ordered from last years SDCC..I'm still waiting on.. PF's, Busts, LSF.... So, most of the time I wait for in hand pictures and reviews to make my purchases... I will say SSC has really great customer service, but BBTS has great customer service also!

I got a reply about the order cancellation issue.

What I learned was that the order was cancelled, my credit card will be refunded shortly. When all the issues with making new busts are figured out, my order will automatically be filed again.

That seems to be the process that SSC is following here.

They are going cheap yet still increasing the price they haven't made solid bust since their original bust back in the day. As for pf the last one I had to break rogue was not hollow it was solid polystone and hard to break

A lot of PF statues are made hollow too :(

I prefer them solid & have nice weight to it I can easily see difference old even small statue like Iron Spiderman is weighted 11kg....now mark my word see Skaar its going to be awesome

Their always brilliant customer serice notwithstanding, It's not a great job by SSC at all. Their QC has been found wanting waaay before this situation arose, it's just another example of how bad they are during the manufacturing process. The guy I'm in contact with pretty much identified the issue stemmed from the their operation in China. It's funny that they themselves know the problem which rears its head time after time but they make no effort of address it...

Uh, that's not fair at all. It's not like they have everything done at one factory and once the problems are sorted and QC systems are in place then every piece will be perfect. They have a horrible time finding factories just to do the work, especially ones that will listen about establishing QC guidelines. That's why prices keep going up - there are fewer factories doing this kind of thing and they are charging higher and higher prices.

Every piece is like starting from scratch. At least they are being proactive about addressing the problem.

Just like the NFL donates apparel from the losing Super Bowl team to people living in third world countries; SSC should donate a defective version of this bust to me.

Sounds like a plan! Sign me up SS!

I love this site! I just came to lament that I didn't know about the large es but then find there is qc issues of which I am not surprised. I am surprised to see ss getting in front of the issue this time, that's a major improvement for them and hopefully a trend they keep up

I think the Bat pretty much holds his own. Had to smash it today :(

P1010351.jpg

Back