Batman Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
groceries.jpg

They prefer to make their own version of the costumes lately.

Yeah, and how's that been working out for them? Deathstroker PF panned, Mags PF heavily criticized, and this LSF is a disaster. You'd think they'd learn by now that practically no one wants their made up costumes. Oh well, more money in my wallet if they keep releasing pieces like this. I actually don't mind some liberties being taken with costumes. So long as it looks good and remains true to the character. Unfortunately, for me personally, SSC has missed the mark completely with the pieces I've mentioned.

Yeah, and how's that been working out for them? Deathstroker PF panned, Mags PF heavily criticized, and this LSF is a disaster. You'd think they'd learn by now that practically no one wants their made up costumes. Oh well, more money in my wallet if they keep releasing pieces like this. I actually don't mind some liberties being taken with costumes. So long as it looks good and remains true to the character. Unfortunately, for me personally, SSC has missed the mark completely with the pieces I've mentioned.

And before someone steps in to label the critics as whiny millennials, look at how well-received and highly-praised BANE and HUNTRESS are. Those 2 are just stellar from the beginning. For the costumes, SSC's sculptors sure added details here and there but stayed as recognizably classic and/or iconic. The poses and bases for both are also products of good decision-making. Thankfully both PFs were given justice in mass production, look at them fly off SSC's warehouse!

How can a company that produces a piece of art like Bane, put out Walmart batman for three times the price. This reminds me of the three foot tall plastic toys Walmart has for sale at Christmas. SS needs to cancel their legendary Line. Right now the ratio is 1:4 for good to bad statues with SS. I don't have anything on order and won't until prime 1 shows their stuff in December. For me Con was a bust for SS, and the only interest I have is the iron man maquette. The bane is magnificent.

And before someone steps in to label the critics as whiny millennials, look at how well-received and highly-praised BANE and HUNTRESS are. Those 2 are just stellar from the beginning. For the costumes, SSC's sculptors sure added details here and there but stayed as recognizably classic and/or iconic. The poses and bases for both are also products of good decision-making. Thankfully both PFs were given justice in mass production, look at them fly off SSC's warehouse!

Couldn't agree more. Bane and Huntress are phenomenal looking PFs. Whenever SSC strays too far from the classics...I'll just keep passing on their merch. I have zero interest paying more than $500 for a PF of a character I think looks bad or I can barely recognize.

How can a company that produces a piece of art like Bane, put out Walmart batman for three times the price. This reminds me of the three foot tall plastic toys Walmart has for sale at Christmas. SS needs to cancel their legendary Line. Right now the ratio is 1:4 for good to bad statues with SS. I don't have anything on order and won't until prime 1 shows their stuff in December. For me Con was a bust for SS, and the only interest I have is the iron man maquette. The bane is magnificent.

I have nothing on PO from sideshow at the moment. Also, like you, I've been underwhelmed by any characters I like that were shown at the CON. So, Magneto, Deathstroke, and the LSF Bats are all pieces I would've POd but passed on because they don't look good or their costumes just don't cut it for me. Now I'm left hoping they don't go the same route with the Flash or Martian Manhunter PF. Sideshow just has to realize you can't go wrong with the classics. After the classic PFs are released, I don't care what other versions sideshow wants to release....even ones that look like the current Mags or Deathstroker PFs.

I have nothing on PO from sideshow at the moment. Also, like you, I've been underwhelmed by any characters I like that were shown at the CON. So, Magneto, Deathstroke, and the LSF Bats are all pieces I would've POd but passed on because they don't look good or their costumes just don't cut it for me. Now I'm left hoping they don't go the same route with the Flash or Martian Manhunter PF. Sideshow just has to realize you can't go wrong with the classics. After the classic PFs are released, I don't care what other versions sideshow wants to release....even ones that look like the current Mags or Deathstroker PFs.

I only have Bane and Toothless on PO, the others are Prime1 and XM.

I think it looks pretty good overall, the only thing I think it has to go is that utility belt. I just hate things with the "Batlogo" on it. At this day and age Batman should only have his logo displayed on his chest and on the sky. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some custom belts pop up at some point.

Like everything else sideshow makes, this piece is gonna need custom parts to make it shine.

AT $2k plus, and sstill need custom part is just wrong.

$2300..???? My concern is WTF SSC who art directed this...okay I know who, but again WTF??? There is so much wrong with this on a monumental scale.. the pose, the trunks, the belt, and above all the 70 year old face. I was so stoked when I heard they were doing this and so sad when I finally got to see what they had done. The boot laces are the least of it's problems... Tone down the age and frown of the face... darken the belt color and remove the logo from the buckle, loose the weird seems on the leg material.. and the batman boxer briefs just seem so not right. I do like the gloves, and honestly the boots look good, just loose the laces...seem completely unpractical. Hang on Commissioner I'll be right there after I lace up my boots...LOL! The creative dept must have really been slapping each other on the back and saying yeah, wow this is gonna be epic! I'm most likely rehashing what has already been said but wow what a disappointment! No sale here...:( Oh and who stands like that unless your walking across a ledge or tightrope... give him a bat-balance pole and your all set. Yes I get your doing your take on Batman.. after 2 1/6 figures, a life size bust and 2 PF's let it go....I did forget to mention the apple looks amazing in the photo..:)

Last edited:
Back