Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too man, just playing with you.

But even modern+Classic would make an amazing display! don't you think? At least that's what I'm going for.
But yeah, space is a problem sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh yeah, I must have missed that. This thread moves way too fast. :lol

But yeah, I don't care that they're not accurate to "teh source" but it was something I noticed instantly. My nerdy, **** retentive mind was like, "THOSE AREN'T THE STEPS THAT LEAD UP TO THE COMPUTER CONSOLE". Regardless, I still love the idea though. Like you said, they had to be implemented that way and I love that they don't just stop on the steps he's on but spiral around the stalagmite. Besides, who knows what other facilities, access points and command centers he had in the cave. Those bats under neath the platform are also a really nice touch. I think this is the best possible interpretation of the Batcave that they could have done. Seeing as how the '89 Batcave is my favorite of the 7 film lairs, I really dig the choice.

That Cathedral concept you mentioned would have been cool though. I really want a proper, bloodied Batman. The ketchup mouth on the Hot Toys figure just doesn't cut it. They could have had your idea and maybe have added Vicki's shoe or something on the wooden landing.

What If they pull a limited ES of this statue BUT battle damaged? Not entirely impossible, is it?

Have they ever done something like that before?

Well, that life size batman bust was black, then they came put with a blue/gray LES... Granted, it's just colors, nothing all that drastic of a change. But it really wouldn't surprise me if they do this with this statue as well.

Make the body/face battle damaged, add blood, and (probably) change the Ex item to something else.... It wouldn't be all that hard to do. And people would eat that mofo in an instant.

I believe the headsculpt is inside the cowl, just like the NECA version.

Unless that's a Bruce Wayne head they sculpted for this release that got scrapped, or a possible Batman Returns version. I can't say for sure, but it looks identical to the one inside the cowl though.

True, but it depends though. These look pretty damn thick,

Btmn_0909_zps593b0f86.jpg

Btmn_1113.jpg

Btmn_0978_zps85ca0a70.jpg

Btmn_1022_zpsb7d77f57.jpg

The Hot Toys and NECA don't look like those, hell some of them don't look like each other with the different angles and lighting.

It depends on when in the movie you're talking about and the shadows on the face. Obviously the cowl evolved or they had different cowls for different situations.
View attachment 90170

Point taken.

I guess I just wish they hadn't chosen to amplify the look I like less.

I saw this online and thought it was really cool.

Batmanposter.jpg

Awesome. Saved.

Last edited:
I just posted this in the Robocop movie thread but I think it'd be appropriate here,

There's a bit in there about his neck turning. Love the bit with Gary Oldman and what Keaton said about the dude playing Robocop.

I just preordered. I completely forgot about ordering this yesterday. Glad I was able to still get one. This statue looks great, hopefully it doesn't get delayed massively like my other Batman did.

I just posted this in the Robocop movie thread but I think it'd be appropriate here,

There's a bit in there about his neck turning. Love the bit with Gary Oldman and what Keaton said about the dude playing Robocop.

Wow. Thanks for posting that DiFabio. It really cool to hear Keaton talk about it, he's a great story teller. And a naturally funny guy on top of that (though I think the audience laughed a little too fast at some stuff he was being serious about). When he paused and said "does anyone care about this, by the way?" I was silently nodding "yes!" at my screen. He's just a really cool "normal" guy and gave a really cool delivery of an interesting story of his experience. I love the moment when he got his epiphany to use the his claustrophobia and discomfort in the suit to his advantage (like Bale, many years later). Now I kinda think, no matter how advanced costume designers become at making future movie batsuits lighter, or more flexible, they should probably always "build-in" at least a little discomfort for the actor filling the role on purpose. It's probably not supposed to feel good to be Batman. ;)

Now I've done what I never wanted to do. I signed myself up for a credit card, so that I can get this magnificent bastard directly from Sideshow! I used to get all my stuff from european retailers and was never really bothered by waiting a few additional months for a statue, but Keaton... that guy put a spell on me. I NEED that statue as soon as possible and it doesn't matter if I have to pay more for it than I'm used to, dammit!

Now I only hope he won't be sold out already until my card is here, which will be friday next week. How do you guys think my chances are? I never ordered directly over Sideshow, so I really don't have a clue.

I really like Keaton as an actor, it's good to see him working again, but I don't know about this movie. I going to try and see it but I don't have high hopes even with some of the big name cast.

I thought since is a PF that usually indicates that the clothing is actually material and not sculpted, otherwise wouldn't tehy have just called this a polystone statue and not a PF? :dunno

I know for some PFs they do a combination of both like Captain America First Avenge PF had sculpted clothes on torso but the pants were cloth.

Ok I don't know much about statues I only thought PF statues had clothes. I guess that explains why they are calling the Iron Patriot a PF when to me I thought it was just a polystone statue.

About a year ago Sideshow said that anything that was 1/4 scale was going to be called a Premium Format Figure. Up until then a PF was 1/4 scale and mixed media. The Iron Patriot is 1/4 scale, but is called a "maquette" because it was developed by the special effects company that worked on the film and not internally at Sideshow.

Although how this applies to the fully sculpted itty-bitty Green Lantern is beyond me...

Back