Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Thanks for posting that DiFabio. It really cool to hear Keaton talk about it, he's a great story teller. And a naturally funny guy on top of that (though I think the audience laughed a little too fast at some stuff he was being serious about). When he paused and said "does anyone care about this, by the way?" I was silently nodding "yes!" at my screen. He's just a really cool "normal" guy and gave a really cool delivery of an interesting story of his experience. I love the moment when he got his epiphany to use the his claustrophobia and discomfort in the suit to his advantage (like Bale, many years later). Now I kinda think, no matter how advanced costume designers become at making future movie batsuits lighter, or more flexible, they should probably always "build-in" at least a little discomfort for the actor filling the role on purpose. It's probably not supposed to feel good to be Batman. ;)

Yeah, it was a great little story. I agree about the discomfort too, I think in most cases it probably makes for a better performance. Loved what he mentioned about Bruce being unfonfortable and depressed.

They really need to do some kind of special edition set for Batman since this is the 25th anniversary. Get Keaton in to do some interviews, bring Jack back, have an introspective look, etc. The 2005 DVD is good but there was nothing from Keaton. WB is sitting on behind the scenes archived stuff too. I'd love to see more behind the scenes, B reel material and those deleted scenes the filmed.

About a year ago Sideshow said that anything that was 1/4 scale was going to be called a Premium Format Figure. Up until then a PF was 1/4 scale and mixed media. The Iron Patriot is 1/4 scale, but is called a "maquette" because it was developed by the special effects company that worked on the film and not internally at Sideshow.

Although how this applies to the fully sculpted itty-bitty Green Lantern is beyond me...

Becausr he isnt itty bitty. You are deceived by pictures. He fits right in with 1/4 stuff from ssc.

I just posted this in the Robocop movie thread but I think it'd be appropriate here,

There's a bit in there about his neck turning. Love the bit with Gary Oldman and what Keaton said about the dude playing Robocop.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed that.

I might be the only one...but I don't see enough Keaton in the face. The cowl also looks too bulky. I'd probably have more interest in this if I didn't just receive the comic-version PF. Not the best planning on Sideshows part, releasing two Batman PFs so close to each other.

Close to each other? The 89 bats is schedule for October which translate to next Jan-February so about a year.

Now I've done what I never wanted to do. I signed myself up for a credit card, so that I can get this magnificent bastard directly from Sideshow! I used to get all my stuff from european retailers and was never really bothered by waiting a few additional months for a statue, but Keaton... that guy put a spell on me. I NEED that statue as soon as possible and it doesn't matter if I have to pay more for it than I'm used to, dammit!

Now I only hope he won't be sold out already until my card is here, which will be friday next week. How do you guys think my chances are? I never ordered directly over Sideshow, so I really don't have a clue.

Its really impossible to tell if the exclusive version will still be in stock by next week Friday because Sideshow hasn't released the ES on the exclusive yet. If they are making a lot of them then you have a chance he will still be in stock by next Friday. If they are making less of these than the comic version then he probably will sell out within this weekend. But the regular version should definitely still be available by next Friday.

Seen GL in person and that's a "no" from me.

I have him and I've already taken pics next to Bats at proper angles. He is only slightly undersized. He still fits in with the majority of PFs. Batman is also slightly over sized as he is 20" without the base, which puts him at just about 6'7". Obviously far too big for Batman. Very few pieces from SSC are true 1/4. It is simply a "more or less" scenario.

Its really impossible to tell if the exclusive version will still be in stock by next week Friday because Sideshow hasn't released the ES on the exclusive yet. If they are making a lot of them then you have a chance he will still be in stock by next Friday. If they are making less of these than the comic version then he probably will sell out within this weekend. But the regular version should definitely still be available by next Friday.

SS will normally open these for bout 2 weeks or so, then decide the edition size based on the demand on the initial POs. I think this will still be available in 3 weeks time, but don't hold me on that. :lol

They shoulda give Trevor to sculpt the head, as he'll nail the likeness. Still deciding if I wanna get this or not. Despite not being 100% sold on the likeness, this maybe one of the few statues that will be available in the future of the 89 license, considering most companies are mostly interested in doing the newer stuffs nowadays.

SS will normally open these for bout 2 weeks or so, then decide the edition size based on the demand on the initial POs. I think this will still be available in 3 weeks time, but don't hold me on that. :lol

They shoulda give Trevor to sculpt the head, as he'll nail the likeness. Still deciding if I wanna get this or not. Despite not being 100% sold on the likeness, this maybe one of the few statues that will be available in the future of the 89 license, considering most companies are mostly interested in doing the newer stuffs nowadays.

Do what I'm doing. Preorder the Ex., buy it. Once we receive it in hand, if it isn't as good as the in progress pics and doesn't meet expectations, sell it off.

After seeing that in progress shot of the resins and tweaking the lighting of Sideshow's pics in photoshop, I have faith that the final product will kick ***. If it's not, I doubt the secondary market prices will be less than what we end up paying. Worst case, break even. Best case, awesome Batman statue.

I am trying hard to do the same. I already cancelled MoS PF, and have so far resisted this.

I think I'll opt for Wonder Woman over this, just to stick with the comic book theme.

Update. Still think this one might get cancelled, with loss of the NRD, as we progress through the year and new comic based Pfs turn up. Wonder Woman will be mine whatever happens however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys can complain all you want. But I'm gonna make sweet love to the two I ordered when I get them.

Me too. Threesome of a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I might be the only one...but I don't see enough Keaton in the face. The cowl also looks too bulky. I'd probably have more interest in this if I didn't just receive the comic-version PF. Not the best planning on Sideshows part, releasing two Batman PFs so close to each other.

Nope not the only ones.... I said it a few pages back

Back