Batman Jim Lee tribute custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jml969

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey all,
This is my first pic post of a new statue I've been working on for a bit. It's based on a cover of Jim Lee's Batman from the "Hush" series. Still has a lot of work to do and wondering about how to paint- possibly hire someone to do it. But that's sometime in the future. Any insight would be welcomed!
Thanks,
J
100_0766.jpg

100_0844.jpg

batmanpics.jpg

batmanpics-2.jpg

Great looking Batman sculpt! My only critique would be that there is something a little out of proportion on the rightside torso area... Somehow doesn't look natural.

Other than that, great job! I look forward to see more WIP pics. :clap

Amazing! The only thing that looks off to me is the pelvis, seems misaligned, compared to upper body and leg placement...

Looking forward to the end result! How long have you been sculpting, where'd you learn it from?

Beren

Great sculpt

The Hush series was great wasn't it? I remember hearing that Jim Lee and Scott Williams were supposed to do another run on Batman after the Brian Azzarello run.

Anyone know why that didn't happen?

Back leg looks a little out of whack, I would say have it go out more to the side than out back.

Hey guys,
Thanks for your compliments and insight. I've been sculpting for roughly a year now on my own- just experimenting and learning from the web and videos. There's some great stuff out there!
I'll send out more pics as I'm working on it.
I wanted to add one more pic for size reference (sorry for the blurry pic):
batmanpics2-1.jpg

thanks for the comments. I'll make sure I'll post pics of the finished product when done with sculpting. In the future I plan on working on Alex ross styled18" maquette version of Superman and 17.5" Batman. But that won't be for a while- work has been pretty stupid crazy. I only get to sculpt on the weekends when I'm not busy.

Re: Batman Jim Lee tribute custom-updated pics

Hey all,
Here are some recent updates on my custom- worked a little on his legs,feet and the base. This is a 360 look (The statue is on top of a book- sorry for the blurry pics):
100_0916.jpg

100_0915.jpg

100_0914.jpg

100_0913.jpg
100_0912.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0911.jpg

100_0910.jpg

100_0909.jpg
100_0908.jpg

Back