Batman hot toys suit case rumors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make more characters, not bat armories and stuff. Lucius Fox, Ra's, unmasked Scarecrow, Rachel Dawes, Harvey Dent re-issue....

I say this, I would buy a Fox and Ra's and if they made another Begins suit figure to go with them I would be a little gutted I did't get Gordon with the Bat Signal (although he would be too old a looking for a Begins version).

Doubt either Fox and Ra's will ever happen from the Nolan series and the first suit is just a pipe dream as I wasn't round when they were in production just like the Mark 6 is with Iron Man (though more likely to see a new version of that sometime in the future)

I'd doubt this would sell any better than the other shelf warmer bat armory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd doubt this would sell any better than the other shelf warmer bat armory...

The other armory sold pretty well as far as hot toys is concerned. There where like four versions of it so not all are going to sell out. But the overall sales totals where above expectations. That's why this version is being reconsidered.

There were three versions, and none of them have sold out and are warming shelves a year later.

Sideshowcollectors still has all 3 version options of the Armory in stock (with extra double rewards points AND sporadic give aways). BBTS still has all 3 version options of the Armory in stock (and even lowered their initial MSRP prices on them).

And that's just the big guys not counting smaller stores. If a new TDKR armory comes out soon (I'm going to assume this holiday season, just like around the time the TDK armory went up a few years ago), these stores are going to be sitting on a lot of Batman and costume vaults I reckon.

There were probably a lot of shipped units from HT, and I believe that's what Motux is referring to. Actual sold units? Different story, as I actually believe the TDK hype is dead.

Hot Toys just does not grasp the concept of momentum. I think they would be so much more successful if they did.

Once they start releasing crap from BvS is just going to get worse to move TDK stuff, even by being heavily discounted I think. These odd releases (armory, the 1/12 Bat, Blake, etc) don't have a chance, whereas stuff from the Burton movies would be way more appreciated, after all, fans of those movies have been waiting for a long time for quality stuff. We are not going anywhere, whereas TDK (while great, one can't deny the effect it had revitalizing the Batman franchise) is more of a flavor of the month thing that had its time. It's just not a classic yet.

Not much interest in this, to be honest. I have the other armory and like it quite a bit (especially the light-up feature), but this seems redundant at this point, unless it comes with Lucius Fox.

I'd prefer the '89 batsuit chamber complete with turtleneck Keaton and Alfred. That would be a dramatic piece in any Batman collection.

I'd prefer the '89 batsuit chamber complete with turtleneck Keaton and Alfred. That would be a dramatic piece in any Batman collection.

With an '89 2.0 figure.

Alas, it will never, ever happen. I bet Returns Batman is the last Keaton/Burton related Hot Toys item.

Once they start releasing crap from BvS is just going to get worse to move TDK stuff, even by being heavily discounted I think. These odd releases (armory, the 1/12 Bat, Blake, etc) don't have a chance, whereas stuff from the Burton movies would be way more appreciated, after all, fans of those movies have been waiting for a long time for quality stuff. We are not going anywhere, whereas TDK (while great, one can't deny the effect it had revitalizing the Batman franchise) is more of a flavor of the month thing that had its time. It's just not a classic yet.

The Nolan trilogy is not a flavor of the month thing, they are classics that will be remembered 25 years from now.

I really would like to see a Ra's Al Ghul and a Batman Begins 2.0.

The Nolan trilogy is not a flavor of the month thing, they are classics that will be remembered 25 years from now.

Right. It's like saying chocolate...man what a fad. Never going to stick around. Lol

The only reason Nolan bats isn't a "classic" is time. That's not something they can control. Nolans batman films crossed over into main stream in a way burtons never did. Not taking anything away from Burtons films. I'm a fan. But Nolans trilogy is one of the best selling and highly acclaimed ever, and has one film that's one of the top of all time by tickets and box office.

The Nolan movies CREATED the ENTIRE modern superhero film genre. They will be even more respected classics 50 years from now!
Now many of the Marvel movies are easily flavor of the month..many of them!

:exactly:
Right. It's like saying chocolate...man what a fad. Never going to stick around. Lol

The only reason Nolan bats isn't a "classic" is time. That's not something they can control. Nolans batman films crossed over into main stream in a way burtons never did. Not taking anything away from Burtons films. I'm a fan. But Nolans trilogy is one of the best selling and highly acclaimed ever, and has one film that's one of the top of all time by tickets and box office.

:goodpost:

The Nolan movies CREATED the ENTIRE modern superhero film genre.

_44993609_5b77e965-9efd-43af-83e9-c0a7003443ae.jpg
wolverine.jpg

Last edited:
Back