Batman Forever Robin WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylS85

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Batman Sonar Suit Finished just awaiting custom cape.

14kJAiz.jpg

**Robin**

Cut out what I could salvage from the Revell Robin Kit, I really don't know what way to approach this custom, I have no skills with body sculpting and was thinking of using a 1/6th Scale Body... But any help or ideas would really be appreciated. :)

5XoWMSj.jpg

Anybody have any suggestions on how to approach this? Or even put me in touch with a custom worker who could help thanks

PsYV6vp.jpg

hey amigo, I know what it's like trying to figure out a custom. so here's my 2 pounds worth:

OPTION 1:
for a body you might want to look at a true type narrow shoulder (here's the link)

Custom Made 1 6 Scale Figure Body "Narrow Shoulder" Fit 12in Headsculpt 15 | eBay

then grab lycra superhero suit (all this can be found on ebay or Tony Meis makes the best check out his stuff).
To add muscle underneath the lycra suit use a 2 part apoxie putty that air drys and just go over the muscles you wanna add bulk to.

heat the vinyl parts you wanna use by either boiling water or a heat gun/hairdryer :remember heat gentle so you have more control over the piece rather than melt it and your hands at the same time lol.

use a few dabs of glue when you need to add the vinyl parts to make them stick to the lycra under suit

OPTION 2: glue the pieces to a cheap body like a DID dragon ,you might need to cut and stick to get correct height proportions (once again ebay will find you cheap ones)

next use apoxy putty to sculpt in the missing parts, REMEMBER to add the articulation points or the figure will become a mummy when the apoxy hardens.

hope this helps ,im beginning work on my own version of BATMAN cross between arkham knight and my vision ,ill be putting up wip pics of the whole build .sum might help you ,with ideas or future customising.

hope that helps buddy.

hey amigo, I know what it's like trying to figure out a custom. so here's my 2 pounds worth:

OPTION 1:
for a body you might want to look at a true type narrow shoulder (here's the link)

Custom Made 1 6 Scale Figure Body "Narrow Shoulder" Fit 12in Headsculpt 15 | eBay

then grab lycra superhero suit (all this can be found on ebay or Tony Meis makes the best check out his stuff).
To add muscle underneath the lycra suit use a 2 part apoxie putty that air drys and just go over the muscles you wanna add bulk to.

heat the vinyl parts you wanna use by either boiling water or a heat gun/hairdryer :remember heat gentle so you have more control over the piece rather than melt it and your hands at the same time lol.

use a few dabs of glue when you need to add the vinyl parts to make them stick to the lycra under suit

OPTION 2: glue the pieces to a cheap body like a DID dragon ,you might need to cut and stick to get correct height proportions (once again ebay will find you cheap ones)

next use apoxy putty to sculpt in the missing parts, REMEMBER to add the articulation points or the figure will become a mummy when the apoxy hardens.

hope this helps ,im beginning work on my own version of BATMAN cross between arkham knight and my vision ,ill be putting up wip pics of the whole build .sum might help you ,with ideas or future customising.

hope that helps buddy.

Thank you so much MISFIT, a lot of helpful info in that reply, really appreciate it :)

Back