Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear lord, hot-toys is hurting my pockets. Between this and the ironman mark II news coming out this week its got me on pins and needles.

Well here are some things mentioned from the article.

1. At the time of development of "version 1" the Hot Toys team didn't have a lot of material to work with. After seeing the movie Yulli and JC Hong saw room for improvement especially with the Joker's expression and posture. So when plans for the "Bank Robbery" Joker were brought up they decided to redo the sculpt. As a matter of fact they went for two expressions to better represent the Joker. This "serious" approach to present the Joker seems to contradict the Joker's very own "why so serious?" line, but it is to the benefit of collectors.

2. Release date in November (delays are normal with Hot Toys though so don't be surprised if it is bumped to December).

3. The neck post is done in a way so that the Joker's hunch can be accomplished.

Well here are some things mentioned from the article.

1. At the time of development of "version 1" the Hot Toys team didn't have a lot of material to work with. After seeing the movie Yulli and JC Hong saw room for improvement especially with the Joker's expression and posture. So when plans for the "Bank Robbery" Joker were brought up they decided to redo the sculpt. As a matter of fact they went for two expressions to better represent the Joker. This "serious" approach to present the Joker seems to contradict the Joker's very own "why so serious?" line, but it is to the benefit of collectors.

2. Release date in November (delays are normal with Hot Toys though so don't be surprised if it is bumped to December).

3. The neck post is done in a way so that the Joker's hunch can be accomplished.

Awesome thanks for the info bro!

I think, *********, I may have to buy 2 of these - one to keep as is and another to dress up in Version 1s outfit!! Since the new head is perfect it should stay with the body that is capable of hunching. So come on Toys2!!

>>Sigh<< ohhh christ I'm insane

I think, *********, I may have to buy 2 of these - one to keep as is and another to dress up in Version 1s outfit!! Since the new head is perfect it should stay with the body that is capable of hunching. So come on Toys2!!

>>Sigh<< ohhh christ I'm insane

Exactly what I'm thinking of doing, swapping my V1 outfit onto this body and head. Will make a great IR/MCI Joker. Use V1 Body for BR outfit and head with mask. Maybe the fabulous Les head w/Hair for Street Joker head swap.

Use V1 head for Custom Nurse Joker w/ wig.

Exactly what I'm thinking of doing, swapping my V1 outfit onto this body and head. Use V1 Body for BR outfit and head with mask. Maybe use a Les head w/Hair for Street Joker head swap.

Use V1 head for Custom Nurse Joker w/ wig.

You can just pop the heads off and exchange them. The bodies aren't constructed any differently. The hunched look has more to do with the new neck post.

You can just pop the heads off and exchange them. The bodies aren't constructed any differently only the neck post.

Thanks darren. :lol I thought maybe there was more to it.
I'm thinking maybe Les can add hair to this one too. I have to figure out all this Joker stuff with so many more TDK Figs coming from HT, plus the Tumbler! :google

oh yeah it just said 'neck post' :duh

OK so just transfer this versions normal head onto version 1 and keep the bank robber joker with the slicked back hair sculpt - version 1s head will be spare - both figures will have hunched posture! This is exactly what we wanted.

And I don't need to buy 2 of these at all. phew.

Back