1/6 Bandai stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know- I've got a couple of cheap new Rogue One Hasbro troopers flanking behind Vader. Next to no articulation, but they do the job. Sure they are not HT, but at €25 each can't go wrong. Those guys are background characters. It's Vader who demands the attention.

The interatech ones or something else?

Okay, thanks. I might grab them off ebay.

Just weighing up using them next to my Vaders or not.

Mmm, nah, still wouldn't. My local retailer has an HT Vader in the same cabinet as HT Rogue One Stormies, and they look right. The Bandai looks bigger overall than any normal size HT.

Force Toys do a Stormtrroper too. Anyone have one?

Then there's the Medicom versions & Toy Mafex.

I have a Sideshow Sandtrooper, but no stormies.

Too many choices :lol

I'd just like a cheap alternative to stand behind Vader, but if not, I'll get the HT Stormtroopers.

Force Toys are godawful, avoid like the plague! Medicom are too small and Mafex are 1/12. If you want one that looks good with everything else then the SSC or HT is your best bet.

Yes I think they are interatech ones. Sure they are no HT by a long long way. But they fit size wise and as I said $400+ for a couple of HT Stormies as background figures is a fair bit to spend.

Where can you still get HT Stormies these days for a reasonable price anyway ?

The interatech figures have excellent sculpts, I think those are a great choice for background stormies!

I think I'll go for those Interactech versions for now and keep my eye out for deals in the future. Thanks, Hoody99.

nah, those are the 12" ones with lights and sounds they sell at brick & mortar stores. Theyre actually based on the battlefront game and have jetpacks on them, but im pretty sure those are removeable.

Toys R Us has an exclusive "shadow trooper" version too.

Ok, anyone have the Bandai and Interactech for some side by side pics? I was about to get 2 Bandai troopers but now I'm not sure

Ok, anyone have the Bandai and Interactech for some side by side pics? I was about to get 2 Bandai troopers but now I'm not sure

I've bought two Interactech ones for now (sub $40 for the pair). They'll do until I find HT. I'll take some pics stood behind Vader when I get a spare mo.

I already saw that, which is what made me come to this thread and ask what they looked like stood next to HT Vader.

I saw the Interatech stormie recently. Looked too big to scale well to Vader (guy in the shop even measured him and said it was about 13" tall)

I've bought two Interactech ones for now (sub $40 for the pair). They'll do until I find HT. I'll take some pics stood behind Vader when I get a spare mo.

I already saw that, which is what made me come to this thread and ask what they looked like stood next to HT Vader.

I don't know how much this will help, but, this shows the kit next to the SSC Vader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggQn05ogkYQ

It looks too big next to him, so, if the HT Vader is the same size, well......

What I'll do for now with the Interactechs is not have them on stands and place them further back in the display, but put Vader on a stand.

Like I say, perfectly cheap stand-ins for the time being.

Thanks everyone for your advise :duff

I've seen the HT Vader on a stand, and, when you look at the ANH Han on a stand that is level with it, the Vader comes up short to me. If you look carefully at this pic, Mark Hamill is wearing lifts:

What are your guys' opinion for the money? Bandai 1/6 Stormtrooper, or a used sideshow stormtrooper? The sideshow is a little bit more money but still a ton cheaper than a hot toys stormtrooper.

What are your guys' opinion for the money? Bandai 1/6 Stormtrooper, or a used sideshow stormtrooper? The sideshow is a little bit more money but still a ton cheaper than a hot toys stormtrooper.

I'm thinking about the Bandai. The Sideshow bodies were all floppy and the elastic that holds the armor probably needs to be replaced at this point.

It really depends what's already in your collection. If you have SSC and HT then, while cheaper, the Bandai is larger and might look odd among the other brands.

It really depends what's already in your collection. If you have SSC and HT then, while cheaper, the Bandai is larger and might look odd among the other brands.

Its funny I have more clone troopers and new order troopers than I know what to do with, but zero from the original trilogy.

Back