Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing, this is well worth the $300 that was originally listed for. (Got mine for $277.99 from Anime-Island) You get a lot of accessories with this set. I think he's just a little bitter because he didn't get it.

LOL.....I had every opportunity to get it at retail price off amazon japan. I just didn't think it was worth $300. I might have gone up to $175 tops, but $300 (actual retail price before amazon discount was $400 btw) is just too much for a character that I don't have a lot of nostalgia for.

I love the playmates version, its perfect, flexible and has sounds from the cartoon, the thrill to find all five lions is something else, I was waiting for the black lion for like two weeks and hunting the regular lions once in a while, now i have three black lions, but if you guys get this version just mind you retail is way cheaper than online, if you get it at bbtss it will run up 150 minus the 107 i paid total for retail
6e8e8f5877633900f5874449070418c6.jpg

Only drawback is they way the arms/shoulder rotate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.....I had every opportunity to get it at retail price off amazon japan. I just didn't think it was worth $300. I might have gone up to $175 tops, but $300 (actual retail price before amazon discount was $400 btw) is just too much for a character that I don't have a lot of nostalgia for.

It's one thing to say that you don't like a character and don't want to spend that much on it but it's another thing to make a blanker, definitive statement about a product's worth which leads people to think that there's actual, substantial reasoning behind it like q.c., materials, size, accessories, etc. etc. But the story is cool brother, and moving on...

3-80.png

It's one thing to say that you don't like a character and don't want to spend that much on it but it's another thing to make a blanker, definitive statement about a product's worth which leads people to think that there's actual, substantial reasoning behind it like q.c., materials, size, accessories, etc. etc. But the story is cool brother, and moving on...

3-80.png

does the wing on the right in your picture have to stay vertical like you have it for the green lion to rotate in that position?

does the wing on the right in your picture have to stay vertical like you have it for the green lion to rotate in that position?

Honestly don't know. Took that pic when I reviewed it not long after getting back from deployment last year. Soz.

Honestly don't know. Took that pic when I reviewed it not long after getting back from deployment last year. Soz.

I'll answer that,
The wings are not affected by the position of the arms. The wing is just in that position in that pic.

3-80.png

While I agree with this, the piece is 100% worth the 300$ asking price, pictures don't do Voltron justice. You don't get a sense of how impressive the figure is until you hold it. I thought the same thing when I saw it was 300$, over priced but I'm still going to get it. I got it and first thought was "holy hell, they made the perfect Voltron figure". Every worry of it being over priced went right out the window. This is without a doubt one of the best pieces I own. This thing was so good it actually persuaded me to buy the Megazord, another 300$ figure (that one's a little harder to defend, I actually don't think it's worth the 300$ even though the transformation to Megazord is most complex, Voltron just has a wow factor the Megazord is lacking, still love the Megazord though), that's just how good SOC's are.

I love mine! Its worth $300 all day. I paid more then that for a Hot Toy Iron Man thats full of plastic and don't come with half of the accessories that this Voltron comes with.

I wish I could find this for $400 let alone $300. Prices now are way too high. Holding out hope to find at a good deal somewhere cause waiting for a rerelease to happen might prove fruitless.

Given how popular GoLion/Voltron they might do a re-print of it, which im waiting for

Given how popular GoLion/Voltron they might do a re-print of it, which im waiting for

After posting earlier, I went to another board and someone made a good point saying that Bandai might have to wait a little while the Playmates is currently out there. Makes sense as I can't see Bandai leaving money on the table when they know so many people still want this set.

I still love this design. I wouldn't mind getting another one to display in lion mode when Bandai reissue.

IMG_2543.jpg

After posting earlier, I went to another board and someone made a good point saying that Bandai might have to wait a little while the Playmates is currently out there. Makes sense as I can't see Bandai leaving money on the table when they know so many people still want this set.

I just don't see the two competing though. Two drastically different markets.

Your usual Target shopper ignores what the SOC line is, me thinks.

I wish I could find this for $400 let alone $300. Prices now are way too high. Holding out hope to find at a good deal somewhere cause waiting for a rerelease to happen might prove fruitless.

I have to ask because this is a recurring situation I see with collectors. Did you try to get it when it was readily available for preorder? Were you aware of it when it was available for preorder? Or is it just that it's so hard to get now that you feel you want it? I'm just curious because it was available for quite a while on several retailers.

I have to ask because this is a recurring situation I see with collectors. Did you try to get it when it was readily available for preorder? Were you aware of it when it was available for preorder? Or is it just that it's so hard to get now that you feel you want it? I'm just curious because it was available for quite a while on several retailers.

As a child of the 80s, I grew up with Transformers, Robotech, and Voltron(GI Joe too, but I'll stick with robots/mechs here), but other than the toys I actually played with, I never really paid any mind to newer toy versions(Takara Transformers I've come close a few times and finally bit with ginormous on transforming Optimus Prime) and knew this set of Voltron figures existed until it was too late and above $500. Granted, I've paid that much for toys before, but usually I can pay in installments. Justifying it in one shot for a 12" Voltron didn't seem like the thing to do. That said, the more I looked at people's pictures, the articulation and possibility, the more I stated saying ok, maybe I should bite. Now it's $700-$1000. Being an obscene markup, I immediately say no way. Hence, fingers crossed for reissue. Being hard to get would be a dumb reason for wanting to drop coin on anything.

Back