Back to the Future ......BOLLYWOOD STYLE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Okay....

'Back to the Future' Coming Back... to India
Jan 6 2009
More: action replay, adventure, back to the future, bollywood, movie, news, sci-fi

action-replay-bttf.jpg

Ready for a Back to the Future remake? Of course you aren't; you just bought Marty McFly's hoverboard on eBay, and a remake might force you to question your loose idea of time travel that involves people slowly fading from photographs as their likelihood of existing drops.

Well, don't worry. This isn't just any remake--this is a Bollywood remake, and Bollywood remakes are crazy and irrelevant. From BTTF:

According to India's only Film News Service Agency (Realbollywood News), Back to the Future is set to be remade as the fantasy film Action Replay starring two very popular actors in that country.
India actor Akshay Kumar is said to be cast in the Michael J. Fox role and Aishwarya Rai in the Lea Thompson role. Obviously, the director (Vipul Shah) isn't aiming for Kumar to portray McFly as a teenager, since the actor is 41 years old. Likewise, actress Rai is 35.

A Bollywood Back to the Future remake starring a 41-year-old and called Action Replay (like the game cheating thing!) is not worth getting upset about. When this is released, we should all be downloading it and watching it with groups of friends, discussing how 12 musical numbers and Doc having four arms has affected the story. Let's save the angry petition for 2012's Back 2 the Couture, where Miley Cyrus has to go back to her parents' prom to stop her mom (also Miley Cyrus) from wearing a really regrettable dress.

Anything with Aishwarya Rai and I'm there!

But I'm sure this isn't a "remake." The lesser media outlets like to drum up outrage by comparing things to older, beloved things. I'm sure this is just a time travel comedy and has little to do with the characters or plot of BttF.

Some more:

Is Bollywood remaking Back to the Future? RealBollywoodNews is reporting that Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai have been cast in Action Replay (yeah, horrible title…), a film which will be unofficially based on the popular 1985 Robert Zemeckis film Back to the Future. BTTF.com was able to contact Future producer/screenwriter Bob Gale who denied any knowledge of the production.

Bollywood has a long history of “borrowing” film storylines from popular Hollywood films (google “bollywood star wars”). The ages of the two leads (41 and 35 respectfully) confirm that it won’t be a close adaptation. Action Replay will begin production in February 2009.

Hmmm...I wonder where you stick the Plutonium? :lol

Not to mention where would the Flux Capacitor be...if you have to stick the Plutonium where I think you would I don't want to see if the Flux Capacitor is fluxing. Although I don't think this will have the same zing....

Dr. Emmett Brown: Then tell me, "Future Boy", who's President of India in 2010?
Marty McFly: Amitabh Bachhan.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Amitabh Bachhan? The actor?
[chuckles in disbelief]
Dr. Emmett Brown: Then who's VICE-President? Akshaye Khanna?
[rushing out and down a hill toward his laboratory]
Dr. Emmett Brown: I suppose Ameesha Patel is the First Lady!
Marty McFly: [following Doc] Whoa! Wait! Doc!
Dr. Emmett Brown: And Abhishek Bachchan is Secretary of the Treasury.
Marty McFly: [outside the lab door] Doc, you gotta listen to me.
Dr. Emmett Brown: [opens the door to the lab] I've had enough practical jokes for one evening. Good night, Future Boy!

just a hunch.

Back