AVP2 Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not at all.
It is pretty obvious that they have to eat. I just object to showing them to be so simple.

And Ripley's comment could just be sarcastic. After all, she never saw them eat, or had any inkling as to what they ate.
Both Brett and Dallas vanished leaving very little behind (a bit of blood in Brett's case).
And the alien grew to its formidable size without having "eaten" any of the crew members.

The point is, after Scott's film, every single director has to a greater or lesser extent demystified the aliens and turned them into little more than your run of the mill "monster".
None of the really horrible implications that there was some of Kane in that creature has survived, other than the simple fact that they acquire some physical traits of the hosts.
Wouldn't it be so much more disturbing to see the alien picking out choice morsels from a body as an intelligent creature, rather than just mindlessly punching holes into it with its inner tongue?

i agree with you 100% abake

and what you point is what i hate more... the slow demystifing run down

( at truth not so slow...)

however still love the creature in all his incarnation everyday ( but the first " the Alien " still the best 4ever )

i agree with you 100% abake

and what you point is what i hate more... the slow demystifing run down

In all fairness to the filmmakers, I don't see how you could not demystify the Alien over the course of 6 films. Inevitably, what was once shocking and unprecedented becomes familiar.

Back