AVP R Warrior : same feet problem as ALIENS WARRIOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkfaerytales

Super Freak
Reaction score
i'm just back from some repositioning routine of my figures only for discover that my avp r alien has the same annoying issue with the feet as the aliens counterpart, i have grab my warrior and after some leg reposition the feet under some not great effort, the right foot had snaped, after i've found some cracks inside the plastic cup and so on also for the left
for now it's not a huge problem if not been that the damned feet snaped out so easily
some other member here had same problem?

the ironic thing is that i haven't the same problem with the 2 aliens warriors, only the blue once i had snap out the feet but i've do that only for check if there was some little cracks inside after i had read so much about here and there, and Yes there are! in my blue warrior but the feet don't come out even if you try, you have to snap them with some force

WTF this sucks!!! HOT TOYS...ah??!!!

The superglue trick should fix that.

A word of advice though: Stop playing with them. They are not toys.

Last edited:
I have a warrior alien and i need to do the super glue trick , thefeet havent snapped but they just keep falling off as they are so loose. im gonna glue them as soon as i can as i can see them snapping in the end. i am planing on getting a avp r alien so if it arrives soon i will let u know

no mate i don't play with them , but almost like once at month or 2 i do some change of pose , also because for now i don't keep my figures under glass so in meantime i doing some check and clean for the dust i re-pose my figures

it's like more or less 2 months i own my avp:r alien and i've assembled it, shot some photos with my camera after assembling, and so i had put it in its place on my shelf until now, i don't like the pose i had keep it in all this time so i've change and that is what it happen

no mate i don't play with them , but almost like once at month or 2 i do some change of pose , also because for now i don't keep my figures under glass so in meantime i doing some check and clean for the dust i re-pose my figures

it's like more or less 2 months i own my avp:r alien and i've assembled it, shot some photos with my camera after assembling, and so i had put it in its place on my shelf until now, i don't like the pose i had keep it in all this time so i've change and that is what it happen

Sorry to hear that pal.:(

My AVP-R alien seems to be holding up the best of the bunch so far.
I have had it in the same pose from day 1 though.:monkey3

(Got it in Feb.)

thank you for the support mates

but, damn, i'm still consider seriously to storm in the HT headquarters and burn everyone with a flamethrower

tell me when, and I'll be there by your side man. Me and my crew, which happens to be the guys at the "old folk's" home down the block. For some reason, they collect HT stuff too. This one guy who is 77 has all of the APPLESEED stuff.

I have a warrior alien and i need to do the super glue trick , thefeet havent snapped but they just keep falling off as they are so loose. im gonna glue them as soon as i can as i can see them snapping in the end. i am planing on getting a avp r alien so if it arrives soon i will let u know
I'll be getting my AVP R Alien on Tuesday, let's hope we don't have that problem!! :monkey2 Did you order yours from Kicks too? :confused:

to clear up the "playing" with them. I have said the same in the past as this brother. you can't keep changing the "pose" every few days/weeks and expect nothing to get loose. personally I find a pose in the beginning I like and leave it alone. or in the case of my brown repaint it's loose joints have led me to put it in an really good crouching stance. basically leave them alone. and by all means no roar...pweew...pweew...arrggh...growwlll...ugghhh...ever. :lol

to clear up the "playing" with them. I have said the same in the past as this brother. you can't keep changing the "pose" every few days/weeks and expect nothing to get loose. personally I find a pose in the beginning I like and leave it alone. or in the case of my brown repaint it's loose joints have led me to put it in an really good crouching stance. basically leave them alone. and by all means no roar...pweew...pweew...arrggh...growwlll...ugghhh...ever. :lol
Yeah...like he said....everything gets loose after you play with it a while......:horror :lol

ok
lets you do my point, i understand that you have to " don't play with them " too much and not touch much , but then what's the point when you spend over 100 bucks at once for a so called " fully poseable " model kit supposed to land on the hands of " serious collectors " and you cannot change the pose when the hell you want?!!
at least can i watch them? or there're possibility of break something even looking at them? if i look at them they will ruin?

seriously talking i'm an obsessed , i have to admit that somethimes i use gloves when i touch them , but simply i don't understand, i have choose to begin collecting supposed " serious " stuff of hot toys some mounths ago, for the hell of coolness factor they own , with all those accesoires and poseability and all the stuff,possibilty of change hands, heads, mouths , now i have a couple of aliens who had begin to peeling from the first day i've taken out of the box, but sincerelly i don't have spend thousands of money for get figures of my favorites films of all times only for take it out of the box and put them in a dark and hide angle ...

Haven't had that problem with mine so far. I've noticed the paint peeling off the jaw tendons. But if thats all that befalls my AVP:R alien I'll be happy enough.

I don't play with my hot toys stuff but I do like to try alternative poses from time to time. I think thats part of the whole point in having them. Having said that I've found a pose for my P2 Predator that I really like and I may not change it - from the scene where he rips off his shoulder cannon - its very predatoresque so I'm happy for it to stay that way.

I suppose with figures that use more rubber, ironically enough, that you really have to worry about how much posing and manhandling you do.

thank you for the support mates

but, damn, i'm still consider seriously to storm in the HT headquarters and burn everyone with a flamethrower

Ummm I wouldn't get too upset. I emailed customer service regarding my ALIENS arm problem. They responded and just asked for some info, and the receipt. I also provided pics. They were very nice and helped me out w/my @ the time damaged ALIEN warrior kit. I strongly recommended email them 1st requesting a new leg & foot. :D

Hey FACEBOX,

What is the superglue trick??

I havent tried that and have always been annoyed with how loose my Aliens Warrior feet have been.

Ummm I wouldn't get too upset. I emailed customer service regarding my ALIENS arm problem. They responded and just asked for some info, and the receipt. I also provided pics. They were very nice and helped me out w/my @ the time damaged ALIEN warrior kit. I strongly recommended email them 1st requesting a new leg & foot. :D

if you get a response, this is great advice. i would imagine quality control is a big concern at hot toys and they take it very seriously. especially if you show them pics of the dozens of $100+ figures you've bought. :lol

Back