AVP-R Strause Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats my point, it had no real big budget or backing and it became one of the best movies ever created. Having a small budget doesnt mean anything when you have a Director/Writer which is awesome in every way :D:D

Yes but if it was an Independant film then that means the studio was not sticking their noses in. Thats the point he is making.

AVPR has made $20,190,000 thus far. AVP made over 38,000,000 in it's first weekend. SOoooooooooooooooo it does not look like AVP 3 will get a bigger budget if it gets made at all.

Have to see what DVD sales do.

I think AVP would have put the general movie goer of seeing AVPR, ive heard it from people at work "AVP sucked man i hate that ****" so they are turned off AVPR

AVPR has made $20,190,000 thus far. AVP made over 38,000,000 in it's first weekend. SOoooooooooooooooo it does not look like AVP 3 will get a bigger budget if it gets made at all.

Have to see what DVD sales do.

you cant compare Avp to Avpr. Different budgets! The 20mil is probably equivalent to avp's 38. so lets not get drastic here. plus as you said DVD sales are still to come.

you cant compare Avp to Avpr. Different budgets! The 20mil is probably equivalent to avp's 38. so lets not get drastic here. plus as you said DVD sales are still to come.

Ah. Well I was not aware that AVPR budget was only 38,000,000. AVP was 60,000,000. I knew that AVPR's budget was smaller but not by that much. I think it will only break even here in the states. It might not even do that. However international sales will be good and the DVD sales will help a lot. SOooooooo, we will probably see an AVP3 but don't expect the budget to get any bigger unless Ridley Scott decides to take over.

Ah. Well I was not aware that AVPR budget was only 38,000,000. AVP was 60,000,000. I knew that AVPR's budget was smaller but not by that much. I think it will only break even here in the states. It might not even do that. However international sales will be good and the DVD sales will help a lot. SOooooooo, we will probably see an AVP3 but don't expect the budget to get any bigger unless Ridley Scott decides to take over.

:drool:drool:drool:drool

Well i cant picture a director like Scott coming and trying to fix a series that totally strays away from the canon of his original "Alien"

Do many people wanna come in and take over someone elses mess?

Back