Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prefer the SDCC finish which appears to be the same as my MKI bust.

Damn, I really hope they don't go with this reflective finish.

If its over reflective then i think it will look OTT! Needs to be in the mid range between reflective and metallic looking. It will be more of a fail if they go ahead and make the face plate matte!

That reflective bust is the one that Legacy Effects made... It's their prototype, not Sideshow.

QUOTE]

And so the countdown begins...this bad boy is shipping in May and for what its worth...i cant bloody wait!

Iron Man 3 is released nationwide on the 25th April so this 1:1 bust couldnt come at a better time whilst everyone is buzzing! :yess: Oh, and if that wasnt enough, the Iron Man LSB is also shipping in May too! :thud:

QUOTE]

And so the countdown begins...this bad boy is shipping in May and for what its worth...i cant bloody wait!

Iron Man 3 is released nationwide on the 25th April so this 1:1 bust couldnt come at a better time whilst everyone is buzzing! :yess: Oh, and if that wasnt enough, the Iron Man LSB is also shipping in May too! :thud:

WOW!!! Both of them now are shipping out in the same month.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

I'm gonna wait see how this one turns out in-hand, they just need to tone that chromed look down a bit on the mask. It should be slightly reflective but also have a brushed steel look going on also. Could be my first LSB....

Found another photo:
Sideshow_iron_man_3.jpg

These two 1:1 busts were made for each other! I sure hope the MKVII bust doesnt flop, i cant help but think there will be some QC issues with this one....although delaying it until August could mean that they are trying to get things 100% perfect...either that or China have run out of qualified painters! :slap

Usually delayed pieces come out better

I'm not sure you know? I often think that the QC issues dont effect delay so much as that maybe SSC have got too much going on at one time possibly? I do hope your right Ant as i want this to do better than the MKIII did in regards to the QC issues

I've always found the ones that have been delayed have come out great and the ones that are on time or early have issues like ultron or hawkeye

I think I should get this. If it doesn't look as good as I expect it I can always give a nice coat of car wax like people did to the previous Mark III bust. Just wish there was a tutorial for that somewhere here.

I think I should get this. If it doesn't look as good as I expect it I can always give a nice coat of car wax like people did to the previous Mark III bust. Just wish there was a tutorial for that somewhere here.

Dont think youll need to do that on this one DFanatic...i've got a feeling that SSC are going to make the faceplate more metallic looking, something that the MKIII lacked in my opinion

These two 1:1 busts were made for each other! I sure hope the MKVII bust doesnt flop, i cant help but think there will be some QC issues with this one....although delaying it until August could mean that they are trying to get things 100% perfect...either that or China have run out of qualified painters! :slap

That's the finish I want for the MKVII bust.

Trying to decide if I should preorder now or wait for the in-hand pics.

Back