Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usual suspects acting like bullies towards people with different opinion...
Sideshow Freaks. Sideshow Freaks never changes.

:lol

There are only two words that accurately sum up how I feel about this movie ...

WAKANDA FOREVER!

They did it, they actually pulled it off. Take a bow Marvel Studios because you deserved it. The MCU really is the OT Star Wars of this generation.

I avoided all the spoilers going in and probably drank too much pop because I was filled with nervous energy watching this film haha. I was tense in this movie, believing that at any given moment a character could bite it and the story line could literally go anywhere. I read comics and I am familiar with Jim Starlin's work on the Infinity Gauntlet epic and this adaptation was gooooooood.

Thanos, handled so well (runs to pre-order Thanos doll). He was relatable on some levels which made him interesting. I knew what he wanted to do, why he wanted to do it and I experienced his pain and sacrifice along his journey. And after all this really was his story, not an avengers story and that was made abundantly clear at the end with the 'THANOS WILL RETURN' in the place of the Avengers.

He had his own code and didn't take life indiscriminately. Even in the final battle where he was essentially a god he just swatted the Avengers away like flies rather than destroy them. He left it up to death to decide who lived (other than Tony, he would honour his agreement with Strange) and who died (he didn't see himself as an executioner but a saviour).

Strange making the bargain to save Tony after witnessing 14million different futures gives us our only certainty going into 4 - Tony is the key to the only successful outcome.

The massive cast was handled brilliantly. Good character development for Tony, Strange, Hulk, Thor and Spider-man (he is gonna have some PTSD once he is un-dusted). I enjoyed seeing Wanda's and Vision's relationship alluded to / explored ever so briefly and the same with Star-Lord and Gamora.

Clever how our expectations were subverted by not killing off the core avengers but nicely scooping up the next generation of heroes (the ones with planned sequels in the can) and sweeping them off the board. Leaving the core team back for the final battle and what I expect will be the final send off for most of them.

I like that Rocket survived - I can see his storyline ending in four completing the journey from selfish out for himself raccoon to a rabbit who will give everything to save his family. I worry about Nebula (haha!), does she just want to kill Thanos or could she want the Gauntlet for herself.

I am hoping that with less players in 4 that these characters (in particular Cap, Widow (and her relationship with Banner) and hawkeye) will get more focus. Cap and Tony meeting up again is going to be satisfying moment.

The theories about
Spoiler Spoiler:
Even if that particular theory doesn't come to pass I really hope that the Russo's have been leaving us breadcrumbs / clues in the previous films for something like this.

I wonder if Cap will get to go toe to toe with Thanos one more time and utter the line 'I can do this all day' whilst we (the audience) and Cap know that he sadly cannot. Giving him one last heroic moment to buy time for Tony to 'un-snap' everyone.

Any one else think that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't expect many of the 'survivors' to make it through 4, maybe Hulk, Hawkeye (just because he has no business surviving a battle like this where he is completely underpowered), Captain Marvel and Thor. I would love it if Thor were to become mortal / de-powered by the end, leaving him to settle with the rest of the surviving Asgardians on Earth (possibly to be reunited with Jane) - leaving him scope to return.

So many possibilities for 4 - now that is how you do a cliff-hanger (take note KK and Nu-Star Wars story group).

The audience reaction was also amazing to witness - hushed stunned silence at the end (other than some kids who were audibly upset). I never got to see ESB during its original theatrical release but I imagine that the energy and crowd reaction must have been something similar to this.

I'm going again today - Make Mine Marvel

those who saw the movie already did you also get a booklet at the theater with the avengers on the cover? how come I didn't get one?

Was it ever explained why they can breathe on Titan lol

Because Marvel?

those who saw the movie already did you also get a booklet at the theater with the avengers on the cover? how come I didn't get one?

My theater didn't give any booklet out. Must have been given out at select theaters.

87552d66fe4248e094e330ceffbf2c14.jpg
c646b2c39962392a5671d04eb3ab0854.jpg
bed82ccbef6c955b22cdbad0980e881d.jpg

Cameron must love the public back and forth congratulating every year as if his top two worldwide movies don't exist, lol.

Usual suspects acting like bullies towards people with different opinion...
Sideshow Freaks. Sideshow Freaks never changes.

:lol

Who's acting like a bully? It's just beyond hilarious that the usual suspects think this was a bad or at best a "meh" film just like they think nearly every film released these days is. Why even go to the movies anymore if pretty much everything sucks. Why waste the money and time?

Yup he’s waving his arms back and forth pointing at Avatar and Titanic “Hey everyone look over here plus i’m making another Terminator movie and Avatar 2-15!” :lol

Khev makes a great point, with ET and others which had really moving and memorable temporary deaths. And then he compares it with the pathetic and forgettable, albeit final deaths at the end of Rogue One. In the movies, you have to consider the quality of the film and the filmmakers.

There are only two words that accurately sum up how I feel about this movie ...

WAKANDA FOREVER!

They did it, they actually pulled it off. Take a bow Marvel Studios because you deserved it. The MCU really is the OT Star Wars of this generation.

I avoided all the spoilers going in and probably drank too much pop because I was filled with nervous energy watching this film haha. I was tense in this movie, believing that at any given moment a character could bite it and the story line could literally go anywhere. I read comics and I am familiar with Jim Starlin's work on the Infinity Gauntlet epic and this adaptation was gooooooood.

Thanos, handled so well (runs to pre-order Thanos doll). He was relatable on some levels which made him interesting. I knew what he wanted to do, why he wanted to do it and I experienced his pain and sacrifice along his journey. And after all this really was his story, not an avengers story and that was made abundantly clear at the end with the 'THANOS WILL RETURN' in the place of the Avengers.

He had his own code and didn't take life indiscriminately. Even in the final battle where he was essentially a god he just swatted the Avengers away like flies rather than destroy them. He left it up to death to decide who lived (other than Tony, he would honour his agreement with Strange) and who died (he didn't see himself as an executioner but a saviour).

Strange making the bargain to save Tony after witnessing 14million different futures gives us our only certainty going into 4 - Tony is the key to the only successful outcome.

The massive cast was handled brilliantly. Good character development for Tony, Strange, Hulk, Thor and Spider-man (he is gonna have some PTSD once he is un-dusted). I enjoyed seeing Wanda's and Vision's relationship alluded to / explored ever so briefly and the same with Star-Lord and Gamora.

Clever how our expectations were subverted by not killing off the core avengers but nicely scooping up the next generation of heroes (the ones with planned sequels in the can) and sweeping them off the board. Leaving the core team back for the final battle and what I expect will be the final send off for most of them.

I like that Rocket survived - I can see his storyline ending in four completing the journey from selfish out for himself raccoon to a rabbit who will give everything to save his family. I worry about Nebula (haha!), does she just want to kill Thanos or could she want the Gauntlet for herself.

I am hoping that with less players in 4 that these characters (in particular Cap, Widow (and her relationship with Banner) and hawkeye) will get more focus. Cap and Tony meeting up again is going to be satisfying moment.

The theories about
Spoiler Spoiler:
Even if that particular theory doesn't come to pass I really hope that the Russo's have been leaving us breadcrumbs / clues in the previous films for something like this.

I wonder if Cap will get to go toe to toe with Thanos one more time and utter the line 'I can do this all day' whilst we (the audience) and Cap know that he sadly cannot. Giving him one last heroic moment to buy time for Tony to 'un-snap' everyone.

Any one else think that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't expect many of the 'survivors' to make it through 4, maybe Hulk, Hawkeye (just because he has no business surviving a battle like this where he is completely underpowered), Captain Marvel and Thor. I would love it if Thor were to become mortal / de-powered by the end, leaving him to settle with the rest of the surviving Asgardians on Earth (possibly to be reunited with Jane) - leaving him scope to return.

So many possibilities for 4 - now that is how you do a cliff-hanger (take note KK and Nu-Star Wars story group).

The audience reaction was also amazing to witness - hushed stunned silence at the end (other than some kids who were audibly upset). I never got to see ESB during its original theatrical release but I imagine that the energy and crowd reaction must have been something similar to this.

I'm going again today - Make Mine Marvel
Good post here. Made me think about a few things I didn't previously. First, Spidey's trauma from dying could set up a film version of one of the very best Spidey comic stories of all time.

512UYljUNrL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Regarding Nebula, I'm glad that she will be in the mix in the next film, as she was such a critical part of the Infinity Guantlet comic storyline.

Smart move by Disney releasing Antman & The Wasp final trailer. For those who have kids please show them. The will smile again lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvel is having fun at this point. They posted a troll video of the Avengers cast also asking where Antman/Wasp are. They are the modern SW of this generation.

Marvel is having fun at this point. They posted a troll video of the Avengers cast also asking where Antman/Wasp are. They are the modern SW of this generation.
Yup! Thy check out social media and act on it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khev makes a great point, with ET and others which had really moving and memorable temporary deaths. And then he compares it with the pathetic and forgettable, albeit final deaths at the end of Rogue One. In the movies, you have to consider the quality of the film and the filmmakers.

Good post here. Made me think about a few things I didn't previously. First, Spidey's trauma from dying could set up a film version of one of the very best Spidey comic stories of all time.

512UYljUNrL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Regarding Nebula, I'm glad that she will be in the mix in the next film, as she was such a critical part of the Infinity Guantlet comic storyline.

Would be amazing if they could adapt this

Talk about being a well oiled machine.

BP will still be in theaters right up to the bluray release 2 weeks from now, IW in theaters and Ant-Man trailer drops today, that’s just crazy.

The Disney Juggernaut in full momentum.

Even a crappy 360p cam footage of Thor showing up with his new weapon is trending on UK YouTube. That was like a Stone Cold coming to save everyone moment, only thing missing was the glass shatter theme. :lol

Moments like that make me feel like a kid again.

I can’t remember, but was the Hulk landing in Dr. Strange’s home from the comics or did Marvel take that from X-men’s Onslaught? Because I remember Juggernaut landing somewhere just like Hulk and repeating “Onslaught is coming!”

Back