Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

The Russo’s are the only directors to match Cameron’s double 2B but they have an extra 1B that Cameron doesn’t have!

JJ might join this elite group with IX but EVEN THEN JJ doesn’t have that extra 1B that the Russo’s have!

Which means the Russo’s aren’t just part of an elite group they are the ONLY members of the SUPER ELITE group especially since one of their 2B’s might surpass Cameron’s!

You know how most successful directors go on to other big movies, right.

The Russo’s are opening their own large production company! :rotfl

Oh wow you're saying that they're the only directors to have THREE $1 billion+ films? With two of the three over 2 billion no less. Holy crap. :thud:

Not according to Grace.

Ive never watched a Grace video till just now, already can't stand her. There's no way it only has $300 to $400 million left in the tank. I'd be shocked if this doesn't surpass Avatar. I doubt it will hit $3 billion, but I'd be less surprised to see it hit $3 billion, than to not beat Avatar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Man I can't wait to see 3PO pick up Finn's blaster, that'll be way more epic than Cap wielding Mjolnir. :yess:

lol

It’s going to be Finntastic!

Khev the ramifications of EG opening with 357 is equal to an IG finger snap I mean think about it even if another movie opens with 200 or 250 or 275 or even 300 million it will STILL NO LONGER IMPRESS! :thud:

That’s insane!

People will be like “Yeah wow cool nice but still lower than EG!” :rotfl

Let’s run down the checklist shall we.

Beats Avatar, check!

357 opening, check!

Greatest cinematic and NON cinematic superhero comic book moment ever, check!

Greatest cinematic superhero villain ever better than single film TDK Joker, check!

Greatest 22 consecutive connected films narrative ever, check!

Greatest 22 consecutive connected films character arc ever, check!

Drop the mic and hold the beer because if it beats Avatar nothing will ever touch those accomplishments ever again!

You know how long we've been waiting to see that? The payoff will be huge. Rey's origin, Finn and Rose...40+ years in the making!!! :woo

:lol :lol

And then when he tosses it over his shoulder! What an unprecedented callback that'll be. I may cry.

Yes it'll be mind blowing to then go back and see all those seeds they planted 18 months ago finally coming full circle, lol.

It’s going to be Finntastic!

Khev the ramifications of EG opening with 357 is equal to an IG finger snap I mean think about it even if another movie opens with 200 or 250 or 275 or even 300 million it will STILL NO LONGER IMPRESS! :thud:

That’s insane!

People will be like “Yeah wow cool nice but still lower than EG!” :rotfl

Wow no kidding. $357 million opening. Insane...

Beats Avatar, check!

357 opening, check!

Greatest cinematic superhero villain ever better than single film TDK Joker, check!

Drop the mic and hold the beer because if it beats Avatar nothing will ever touch those accomplishments ever again!

Oh yes Thanos is absolutely up there with Vader, Alien Queen, Thulsa Doom, original Terminator, etc. No other cbm villain can touch him.

On a side note does anyone else go running or biking? I freaking love saying "on your left" when passing people on bike trails now, lol. Actually that's true as far back as 2014 but man so much more now, lol.

Oh yes Thanos is absolutely up there with Vader, Alien Queen, Thulsa Doom, etc. No other cbm villain can touch him.

While Vader remains my # 1 and will do so until i’m dust yes Thanos has now joined the greats.

Now hold on one second didn’t Titanic and Avatar need rereleases to break 2B?

Beats Avatar, check!

357 opening, check!

Until they take Game of Thrones to the big screen lol.

I did forget to mention that I audio recorded one of my Imax screenings to have as a remembrance of the shared group excitement.

It’s now on my hard drive to listen to alongside my home viewings lol

While Vader remains my # 1 and will do so until i’m dust yes Thanos has now joined the greats.

Now hold on one second didn’t Titanic and Avatar need rereleases to break 2B?

I don't think so for Avatar (though it did have an extended cut re-release in 2010) but definitely yes for Titanic. It made a killing with the 3D release in 2012.

As someone whose never read these comics, I have to say, I don't feel like the stakes can ever be as high again in an Avengers movie, as they are in IW/EG. I hope in any future avengers movies, that they don't try and outdo this one, just let the merits of the story play out in its own right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back