Australian sideshow shipping rates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LintHart

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I'm just looking for some feedback on shipping rates for 12" figures (Hot toys specifically) being shipped from Sideshow.

I've managed to secure myself a SSEX HT Iron Man MkII but i'm just wondering what its gonna cost me to have it shipped to Melbourne, Australia.

How much have you, my fellow Aussie's paid for shipping of 12" figures from sideshow?

Thanks so much

Linton

shipping chart
SSshippngrates.jpg
[/IMG]

Ah yes the shipping chart, i remember finding this when i first started looking at ordering from sideshow oh so long ago but i wasn't able to find it this time round.

A friend of mine who deals a bit with SS thinks that FedEX and UPS base charges more on the size of the box rather than the weight?

is this about right?

You pay a premium price if you have Hot Toys items shipped to you from Sideshow to Australia. You'll notice this cost is pretty well on par with their distributors price as well. If you want to save money, you're better off buying them from ebay, direct from Hong Kong. A saving of around A$80. I know there are some other Aussies that buy theirs from Sideshow as well, but I think they have more dollars than sense. Just can't see the benefit of doing it that way.

Oh there are definately better and cheaper ways to get them. A great example is people like Mista305 right here on the forums who i have lots of HT on order from but i've never had a SS exclusive before and this one seems pretty good seeing as its only the shipping that is more expensive than everwhere else

So its really another question of do we think the exclusive stand is worth the extra $40 or so?

Took me a second to deduct you are talking about the Ironman Mk11. Yeah, if you want the exclusive you gotta pay the piper. It's only worth it if you think it is. Accessories are nice, but me, I'd rather have the figure and the dollars, in pocket, for more figures. Even more so with the dollar dropping so much, adding to the expense of the figure and adding to the cost of its shipping. Those Americans don't know how good they have it, sometimes.

Took me a second to deduct you are talking about the Ironman Mk11. Yeah, if you want the exclusive you gotta pay the piper. It's only worth it if you think it is. Accessories are nice, but me, I'd rather have the figure and the dollars, in pocket, for more figures. Even more so with the dollar dropping so much, adding to the expense of the figure and adding to the cost of its shipping. Those Americans don't know how good they have it, sometimes.

OH i agree with u on that, statues and figures are getting more and more expensive in Australia it pisses me off =(

FedEx computes international shipping by DIM weight instead of Gross Weight. This means that if you purchase a statue or diorama direct from Sideshow, you may possibly end up paying more to FedEx to ship the item then the cost of the item itself!

FedEx computes international shipping by DIM weight instead of Gross Weight. This means that if you purchase a statue or diorama direct from Sideshow, you may possibly end up paying more to FedEx to ship the item then the cost of the item itself!

yeah. That sucks.
Im worried about my Iron Man Life Size bust :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
God only knows what the shipping for that will be.

That's not an exclusive is it? Why do you buy direct when the distributor will sell it for less than what you are buying it? The distributor gets a container load of stuff, not just Sideshow stuff, and that lessens the amount of mark up he needs to put on each item to cover his shipping. It usually means you'll be able to pick it up locally. Contact the distributor and see what outlets he sells to, that are close to where you live. Then put your order through them. I suppose that's not as good as getting it delivered to your door, but you can save a heap of cash. More for other goodies.

That's not an exclusive is it? Why do you buy direct when the distributor will sell it for less than what you are buying it? The distributor gets a container load of stuff, not just Sideshow stuff, and that lessens the amount of mark up he needs to put on each item to cover his shipping. It usually means you'll be able to pick it up locally. Contact the distributor and see what outlets he sells to, that are close to where you live. Then put your order through them. I suppose that's not as good as getting it delivered to your door, but you can save a heap of cash. More for other goodies.

i guess I can contact a dealer near me.
but I've seen the IM life size bust on another AUS website for $1,100.
So I doubt there will be much difference.

If your talking about Global Gear, ask if their 25% moving sale discount applies to this bust. Good Luck. Where abouts are you? I just checked the other thread. You're in Melbourne, so $250 or so saving might make this more worthwhile to you. No harm in giving them a ring and finding out for sure. 9761 5999

i guess I can contact a dealer near me.
but I've seen the IM life size bust on another AUS website for $1,100.
So I doubt there will be much difference.

It really depends on who you deal with and who you have near by. Some stores that may mostly deal with the cheaper "toys", can still order in the high-end statues (since it tends to be the same supplier). So if its an in-out cash purchase, they may well do you a good deal.
For example, I recently picked up the Lara Croft PF, some stores list it as high as $475, general RRP is $430, I had it pre-ordered in and picked it up locally for somewhat under $400.

From SS its $250 plus what would be at least $100 in postage and then exchange rate, putting it around the $430AUD mark, except I get to inspect in person before paying. So unless exclusives really matter, you can save a bit.

If your talking about Global Gear, ask if their 25% moving sale discount applies to this bust. Good Luck. Where abouts are you? I just checked the other thread. You're in Melbourne, so $250 or so saving might make this more worthwhile to you. No harm in giving them a ring and finding out for sure. 9761 5999

Thanks for the info.
I will get to contacting them now.

From SS its $250 plus what would be at least $100 in postage and then exchange rate, putting it around the $430AUD mark, except I get to inspect in person before paying. So unless exclusives really matter, you can save a bit.

Damn exchange rate, it keeps getting worse and worse... :mad: :mad:

Back