ATTN: Tonner Lovers - ToyFair Pics - Supes & Aquaman II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are horrendous, I can't believe they have a market of collectors for these:confused:

These are so gay. I'm already a little hesitant to show some friends my collection, but if I had these I'd have to be a total hermit.

Joker looks kinda cool though.

I don't know what's different about Aquaman - I have the first one. Supes looks a little pursed mouth, but not bad.

I actually like the Joker head, very cartoonish.

You folks who are bashing these for being 'gay' have to realise, that the people who collect these dolls... they're after something with a certain aesthetic, they're not after 100% screen accurate human looking figures. They're after doll figures, wearing costumes from their favourite films. And for that these Tonner things do their job very well.

Of course I don't collect them... you know me I'm 100% realism all the way... but I do get tired of hearing how certain things are 'appaling' or 'gay' or 'what idiots would pay for these' .... just because YOU don't like them

Honestly sometimes you'd think 75% of this board was made up by 14 year old boys :rolleyes:

I think the headsculpts are fairly realistic. It's just the male sculpts are somewhat..........well, they aren't terribly masculine. I think the special body type used is pretty nice though. Costuming is overall pretty respectable as well. Not bad efforts for this type of collectible.
The female dolls have beautiful faces that work very well for the characters represented. The bodies lack the definition though that most statues or action figures have. This is a limited articulation fashion doll body and is meant to be slim and simple. A clothes hanger if you will.
These aren't for everyone. And for my fellow 12" action figure collectors who are particularly outspoken in letting everyone know how heinous the Tonner dolls are, or how " gay" people who like them are, you might want to keep in mind how "gay" we seem to some folks, "playing" with toys/dolls as we do. It gets pretty drafty in a glass house once you've broken all the windows.

I think the headsculpts are fairly realistic. It's just the male sculpts are somewhat..........well, they aren't terribly masculine. I think the special body type used is pretty nice though. Costuming is overall pretty respectable as well. Not bad efforts for this type of collectible.
The female dolls have beautiful faces that work very well for the characters represented. The bodies lack the definition though that most statues or action figures have. This is a limited articulation fashion doll body and is meant to be slim and simple. A clothes hanger if you will.
These aren't for everyone. And for my fellow 12" action figure collectors who are particularly outspoken in letting everyone know how heinous the Tonner dolls are, or how " gay" people who like them are, you might want to keep in mind how "gay" we seem to some folks, "playing" with toys/dolls as we do. It gets pretty drafty in a glass house once you've broken all the windows.

:rock :rock :rock

i didnt say much...i just agreed with you that it looked a bit like eli...

:lol:lol:lol
The funny thing is most people probably thought I was saying it just to make fun of him, but it really does kind of look like him.

I think the tonner 'dolls' are getting better. I hope to see more sideshow like figures rather than doll like figures over the next while.

Back