AT&T issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kal-El

Super Freak
Reaction score
My high speed internet is provided by att. I was told by my wife that since we have high speed internet that att provides free McAfee anti virus software to download. So I go to log into my att account. It says my password is incorrect. I call att customer support spend almost 2 hrs on the phone with them yesterday. They provided a temp pw. I changed the pw right away. The att rep says since I attemped to log in more then 3 times. It has locked me out for 24hrs. So I need to wait. Fine! 24hsr have passed typed in my log in ID and new pw. It says that i have been locked out need to call customer care to have them unlock my problem. Just had a live chat with a att rep just now. The rep told me I need to pick a new pw again. I told the rep I have alreay done this. With no success. Why is it so hard for att to fix my problem? All I want to do is log in to my account and down load the software. :gah:

Call back customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them you're done being jerked around. Either they resolve the password problem or email you a link to the McAfee download page.

Call back customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them you're done being jerked around. Either they resolve the password problem or email you a link to the McAfee download page.

Thanks for the support. I'll call them in the morning.

Yeah I agree time to drop them and look for a new internet provider. Any suggestions for internet service?

If you still need antivirus you should checkout Microsoft Security Essentials, its free and works great.

I also use a free program called Sandboxie https://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

I use this when I'm on the internet, it keeps anything that might try and infect your computer contained in the application.

Ill try that thanks.

I used Avast free Anti Virus, so far it has blocked a lot of stuff, works pretty good so far... I don't know,
I also use Malwarebytes,

They suck indeed. Im stuck having to use them since they own all the lines in my neighborhood.

Back