Media Assassin's Creed UNITY (PS4,X1,PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why was brotherhood not 3 and Revelations not 4.ect?

It's because Assassin's Creed II was split-up into three parts: AC II, Brotherhood, and Revelations. I read a while back, that the three games were initially meant to be a single release, but it became impractical for development. I'm guessing it was because of the technical limitations of capacity on the Blu Ray and HD DVD, for the PS3 and 360, respectively. It could also be, that Ubisoft simply wanted to capitalize on more profit by having more releases.

Anyone know what this was running on ? I thought the graphics were real nice on this.

It was probably a high-powered gaming PC of some kind. I don't think any of the E3 demos and trailer are actually running off the consoles.

Sooooooooo...any guillotines in this game? No better time to be an assassin hiding in plain sight than when people are being beheaded in the streets.:lol

Or, hung, drawn and quartered :lol. This seems like an interesting time period and setting for AC.

Definitely. It's too perfect. I just hope Ubi doesn't ***** out again (scalping in AC 3). If you want to represent such a violent time in history, you damn well better do it right.

Sooooooooo...any guillotines in this game? No better time to be an assassin hiding in plain sight than when people are being beheaded in the streets.:lol

They show a guillotine in one of the videos.

Yeah, I saw beheadings in the single player gameplay video. Kind of funny how that's acceptable, but Connor collecting scalps is too brutal.:lol

It's because Assassin's Creed II was split-up into three parts: AC II, Brotherhood, and Revelations. I read a while back, that the three games were initially meant to be a single release, but it became impractical for development. I'm guessing it was because of the technical limitations of capacity on the Blu Ray and HD DVD, for the PS3 and 360, respectively. It could also be, that Ubisoft simply wanted to capitalize on more profit by having more releases.

Brotherhood was definitely meant to be part of Assassins Creed II but they decided that Rome was a big enough area that it would be a) impractical to take it on to the 2nd game, and b) Big enough to expand it into a game in its own right.

Revelations was always a separate game though.

It was probably a high-powered gaming PC of some kind. I don't think any of the E3 demos and trailer are actually running off the consoles.

no AC 2 was the game they developed, then they were going to do DLC add ons and when they got to it, they realized there was too much for a DLC release so they crafted Brotherhood, and because they continued the story the rounded it out with revelations

Brotherhood and Revelations are oversized DLC, almost like the two Liberty City packs which were originally exclusive for Xbox 360 after GTAIV... Brotherhood looks like someone tacked another city onto AC2, but Revelations has more it's own feel..

And speaking of GTA... games don't always follow the numbering convention. There were 100 million threads at the time on game forums how Vice City was GTAIV and San Andreas was GTAV... and then GTAIV (the real GTAIV) came out. Actually, technically those people arguing that were wrong on all counts, because GTAIII was not the third title..

It happens all the time. God of War 4 could feasibly come out for PS4 at some point, even though we have had Ascension on PS3, not to mention the handheld back stories..

I am glad to see this. Hell I was calling this as the next one when 3 was announced. So it's a couple versions late but I'll take it.

3 was very much like the first one for me. It felt like a chore to play and I still need to go finish it. I didn't even bother with black flag.

Are we twins from different countries? lol... I was exactly the same. 2 was my favourite. 3 was a chore like 1, but for different reasons, and I never finished either of them. Black Flag I never even bothered to buy as I wasn't a fan of the ship implementation in 3.

Actually, my record for completing AC games isn't high.

AC1 - never finished. Too much repetition (right down to the dialogue for all the side missions). Too glitchy. In the end my first PS3 YLOD'd playing it so I've never played it since.

AC2 - Exponentially better in every way. Got the Platinum trophy.

Brotherhood - Was good as a filler game, but I never worried too much about completing everything past the final story mission.

Revelations - My hard drive corrupted while playing it, and I didn't have any backup saves for that game

AC3 - I've just never really been able to get into the RDR style open world, and the cities didn't excite me

Liberation (Vita) - pretty much same as AC3... Progress is similar too.

What is wrong with you people, not playing Black Flag!? :D
....By far my favorite of the AC games....

I'll definitely wait till all the reviews are in for Unity.
I thought the series was on its last legs with Revelations.
The move to the American wilderness and more open world pulled me in for number 3.
The open oceans and being more of a pirate game pulled me in for number 4.

Back to a major European capital for a city based story/setting ....not sure if I need to do that again.
The game better have some really innovate and new worthwhile mechanics and gameplay (not simply co-op)

The scenes look nice but I'm not sure simply 'wow, now they can fit 10 times the people on screen at once!' is enough at this point.

nah AC franchise is too Popular to die .. it's money making .. just as COD is ..

i liked the First AC .. since i'm middle eastern .. i liked it

Ezio Trilogy was Perfect for me .. Revelations being the least interesting .. but it was still great

AC III the one that made me worry about the Direction of the Franchise .. i didn't like it ..

Black Flag however came out better .

I never understood the hate for AC3, I enjoyed it and thought Revolutionary War was a cool setting, Im from Boston though so maybe I was biased.

nah AC franchise is too Popular to die .. it's money making .. just as COD is ..
i liked the First AC .. since i'm middle eastern .. i liked it
Ezio Trilogy was Perfect for me .. Revelations being the least interesting .. but it was still great
AC III the one that made me worry about the Direction of the Franchise .. i didn't like it ..
Black Flag however came out better .

ah sorry, I meant 'on its last legs' merely as in 'passing into irrelevance' and no longer worth considering.
I realize they will release them forever though, like many game franchises.

I never understood the hate for AC3, I enjoyed it and thought Revolutionary War was a cool setting, Im from Boston though so maybe I was biased.

Yeah, I think it was too jarring for many going from flamboyant Ezio to always grumpy Connor. The world, gameplay and mechanics were a definite step up though. I thought the setting was really well done.

I also thought the DLC 'Tyranny of King Washington' was amazing, not only the best AC DLC but better than much of their games and definitely should have been part of AC3......though it would have represented a bigger chage to the game style and mechanics than Black Flag did....

For me it was the contestant running around the forest.

I'm not saying the Red Dead style free-roaming and hunting was bad... it wasn't, but I found it distracted me too much, just like the open world of Batman City kept taking me off on tangents... I haven't unlocked New York yet, but I just preferred the old, large architecture european cities.

Again, I don't think AC3 is a bad game (although the sailing aspect didn't interest me in the slightest), but there is something about AC2 I just like a lot more than the rest... even it's quasi-sequels just aren't as good... too much focus on your assassin brotherhood and the thief/courtesan/etc side missions..

Back