Media Assassin's Creed SYNDICATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yawn. Looks the same as the others.

Exactly.Last year was a boring one too.Unity with too many bugs to the point that you get quite annoyed by it.Then Rogue which was basically just a revisit to AC3 and AC4.
Then they make the best idea in a long time(China Chronicles) a simple sidescroller.I would absolutely love that as the next game and would be a fresh breath to the franchise.They seriously need to do something else for the next game.Gamers will leave the franchise if ubisoft doesn't bring much new to the table.

Its just a matter of time. If syndicate fails as hard as unity did, that'll be two titles in a row. Ubisoft may very well go back to the drawing board and reprioritize what they want from the series. I'm actually hoping this bombs. Maybe we won't get an annual game anymore and they'll actually put time and effort into the game.

I was sorely disappointed by the graphics in the video. For what some games are cranking out in regards to the details in the faces of models and syndicate is giving us models from the 360/PS3 era?

They did.Not only their words,but they gave everyone who registered for Unity a free Ubisoft game as a way to apologize to the fans,and i admire them for that.Not many would do that as far as i know.
I got a free Far Cry 4 game,which is one of the most entertaining games ive played on PS4 so far.

Yes, now all they need to do is apologize for making the same game over and over. Black Flag was the only one that took the franchise in a new direction. And that is why it is awesome. But they didn't bat a eyelash before going back to the same previous routine.

They could take this story/concept in so many directions to freshen it up...but they choose to keep making the same game.

Now all they need to do is apologize for making the same game over and over. Black Flag was the only one that took the franchise in a new direction. But they didn't bat a eyelash before going back to the same routine. They could take this story/concept in so many directions to freshen it up but choose to keep making the same game.

:goodpost::exactly:

And it's not like the story or writing were any good past Revelations.
In fact Black Flag was so awesome because it didn't care about the story.

Anyone else feel the fighting style is cartoonish? Its silly how much punches kicks and knee smashes the enemies take and stand to carry on, until they get shot, what?! Anyway the fighting speed is too fast also, people just dont move like that in real life, its reminds me of Fable.
Then theres that freakin hat/hood swap in n out, could they not invent something to merge both together? an unfold an slight of hand and hey presto its a hood, rather than cramming that poor hat in his jacket pocket.

For the first time,i didn't PO a AC game.It's probably good,but the games haven't been anything special since AC3.They should have never killed off Desmond because that's what carried them to avoid everything getting so repetitive and boring.Since then,nothing feels new and fresh anymore.
They seriously need to go back to the drawing board and come up with something that can save this franchise.A whole new territory and time period would be a start.

For the first time,i didn't PO a AC game.It's probably good,but the games haven't been anything special since AC3.They should have never killed off Desmond because that's what carried them to avoid everything getting so repetitive and boring.Since then,nothing feels new and fresh anymore.
They seriously need to go back to the drawing board and come up with something that can save this franchise.A whole new territory and time period would be a start.

Did you seriously not think that Black Flag was special?

been watching some playthroughs and the game looks decent, i didnt care for unity but im kinda itching to pick this one up.

I thought they specifically said in interviews that the modern day storyline would be back in force with this game?

Did you seriously not think that Black Flag was special?

Black Flag was a great game, but I think playing as your own avatar outside of the Animus was too strange. This series has lacked a protagonist since that whole thing went down with Desmond in AC III. It ended in such a cliffhanger, Ubi really should've followed up on it.

I'll be getting this game too (I'm a glutton for punishment), and I'll be sure to send you some more, and hopefully, record some myself :lol.

Black Flag was a great game, but I think playing as your own avatar outside of the Animus was too strange. This series has lacked a protagonist since that whole thing went down with Desmond in AC III. It ended in such a cliffhanger, Ubi really should've followed up on it.

Exactly,even that was done poorly imo.They had Desmond's old team(Sean and Rebecca) involved in Black Flag where they worked undercover at Abstergo gathering information,but we don't know more than that because none of the last few games continued where that left off.

I can dig that sentiment. The current-day segments have been extremely lackluster recently. I picked up Syndicate yesterday and from what I can tell, they've been relegated to cutscenes only.

Game is excellent though, much better than Unity. It's basically Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Back