Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man when is bbts going to get theirs in!! If I didn't have about $70 in store credit I would be shopping ebay right now.

Whoops this was supposed to be on Gothmog's thread. :slap

Last edited:
I didn't used a ttm21. For som reason the shoulder didn't looked right.
I used a narrow shoulder ht body. Cut the torso in half and inserted a metal rod. Fill the gap with foam. I did the same wiht the legs.
He looks more proportionate than the KP body. I did the same with my Witch King.

The body on mine was horrible and very loose.

Finally I replace the loose body with the Hottoys body (as u say cut the legs and insert a metal rod)
and now he can hold up his sword & mace......:clap

Mine arrived from BBTS on friday, haven't pulled him out of the box yet bt very impressed with what I have seen so far. My humble LOTR 1:6 collection is now complete.

Wow, that's an ingenious idea for getting the Wraith's hood into a natural shape with nothing underneath, Elvis. Really gives one the sense of staring into a void. Amazing work on that and the Witch King.

The belt "mistery" is indeed quite simple.
Asmus apprently used SSC Premium Format as a reference for everything, and so this is the correct way to display the scabbard:
0109.jpg
The loop piece with the buckle should hang from the belt end, being positioned between the other two loops.
Immagine_zps472d0696.jpg

My two-loop piece was glued, so I unglued it and tied back to the belt.
Also this piece is too short to obtain the complete vertical position of the scabbard you see on the PF, but that's it.

I need to do this!

Finally I replace the loose body with the Hottoys body (as u say cut the legs and insert a metal rod)
and now he can hold up his sword & mace......:clap

And this!!

Well, I was really trying to avoid getting into any new licenses -- especially LOTR since, like Star Wars, it's a deep line in terms of characters -- but I am going to make an exception for the Morgul Lord. It's just too cool a character to pass up and I love how Asmus did the armour, sword and mace. On a new body and with futzing, it looks incredible. At the moment, I'm rationalizing that I'm really only interested in the baddies, so this, Mouth of Sauron and maybe something else down the line.

Also, have to say, reading through these threads and seeing how involved Asmus is with the community, makes me want them to succeed.

Finally did some water futzing to my Witch King. Didn't go overboard, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

82B2E4FF-4AE8-49FE-AE41-8E7A329F5108_zpstfcmzjnv.jpg

B4150814-1BB8-42D0-8D5F-1099ABEE2EAC_zpsmhojneza.jpg

Back