ASMUS toys: Mouth of Sauron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome news about BBTS dropping the price. I'm glad I preordered with them after missing the direct preorder

Yep, BBTS dropped their margin. $299.99 plus $5.75 shipping is pretty damn good. I think that's only a few bucks more than Timewalker... which came out to about $302+ shipped.

I would imagine it had a lot to do with all the sudden cancelations when everyone went to Timewalker.

Yep, BBTS dropped their margin. $299.99 plus $5.75 shipping is pretty damn good. I think that's only a few bucks more than Timewalker... which came out to about $302+ shipped.

I would imagine it had a lot to do with all the sudden cancelations when everyone went to Timewalker.

If they hadn't dropped it. I would've switched. I won't bother now because there's no NRD with BBTS. Just in case.

If they hadn't dropped it. I would've switched. I won't bother now because there's no NRD with BBTS. Just in case.

Like I said, I'm sure that's why they dropped it. I would have switched too, had the Timewalker page bookmarked and all.

Still might switch out Saruman and Aragorn to Timewalker.

Think it's not a bad message to send to say no thanks to gouging. Usually I just accept BBTS pricing but this example really shows they were adding an evidently unsustainable premium, as opposed to offering a fair price off the hop.

And just for interest's sake, before they dropped their price I compared again w/AniMarket and like the Ringwraiths it would've been slightly less to buy direct with 3 day EMS air shipping from them. That's a pretty crazy mark-up to even attempt since BBTS will be paying dealer prices and getting these by boat. At those prices, they probably would've been making more off each set than ASMUS. :lol

Last edited:
Pics look nice so far, I have high hopes for improvements made to this horse. I'd like to ask an open question to anyone who has the nazgul steed, basically now that you have owned it awhile how is it holding up? I have passed on it up to this point for 2 reasons: 1) I'm very concerned the flocking will deteriorate and 2) stability, are the joints holding up and will it stay upright? I'm not the biggest lotr fan, but these dark creepy evil characters always struck me as being the highlight of the films. Thanks for any insight

Hmm... now that Aragorn and Tauriel are up on Sideshow, what are the chances of this being available there?

Flex pay sounds nice for this figure.

MoS does have an NRD with them, so there is that.

I think I cancelled one item with them before, I don't recall there being a cancellation fee although they did ask why. Thankfully it was a quality with the item issue rather than telling them I'd rather order else where. I do like to help the 'little guys' out there when I can so I'd have felt bad for cancelling for something like that.

Pretty crazy with the prices all over the place. SIDESHOW of all companies if offering Saruman for $179.99...

That's $10 less than BBTS.... same price as Timewalker Toys (although $5 less for preorder).

I feel a bit late to the game on this figure, in that I only discovered it this weekend.

Absolutely stunning! A must have! I preordered this and Saurman and prey Asmus doesn't make anything else I deem essential for my collection.

Very much looking forward to receiving this figure!

Pretty crazy with the prices all over the place. SIDESHOW of all companies if offering Saruman for $179.99...

That's $10 less than BBTS.... same price as Timewalker Toys (although $5 less for preorder).

Like I said before though, you have to watch Sideshow's shipping charges. For me here in Ohio, it's an average of $25 for a normal size figure.

BBTS is around $10.

Last edited:
Nice!

lord-of-the-rings-mouth-of-sauron-sixth-scale-asmus-silo-902542.png

They have almost all the Ausmus figures now. I find it a little odd that they aren't putting them on SSC's homepage in the new section. You have to click a link before you can see them.

That does look awesome. Happy for Asmus that Sideshow's distributing. Flexpay should open up a bunch more sales for them.

Back