Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just amazing. Wowzers Screenshot_20210305-220650_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really can't wait to get mine he's on the way as I type. Truly this figure will look amazing with their other figures I hope we get really nice diorama bases for future Crown figures.

The pictures are getting better and better in this thread. Great job @Rzeznikk! The figure needs fuzzing, but it is amazing! Can't wait to get him.

It's a pity that, as soon as another collector shares some bad experience or unfuzzed picutures, haters will come back again and jump at it right away :lol

The pictures are getting better and better in this thread. Great job @Rzeznikk! The figure needs fuzzing, but it is amazing! Can't wait to get him.

It's a pity that, as soon as another collector shares some bad experience or unfuzzed picutures, haters will come back again and jump at it right away :lol

i know right... but then again, alot of people can't even do something as simple as posing their figures properly; let alone get some hair product to restyle the hair properly. Here in asia, most guys under 40 years old (myself included) use some hair product like hair clay or wax so just applying the same technique in smaller amounts is not difficult. Don't know why some are so scared to even touch the figures hair/beard. Even little girls are braver playing with their dolls :lol

Thanks for sharing mate! Great review for a great figure.

Biggest issue really is that hat...

No worries.

Yeah don't know what they were thinking with the hat. I mean I appreciate the idea on paper, but surely they must have seen it doesn't work so well in reality ??

Oh well, I'm sure someone will come up with a hack. I posted an idea a few pages back. But I guess will need to see in hand.

The beards looks different. One appears straight(ish) and the other is curly.
And is his staff grey or brown?
Either way, great looking figure.

22aa93e9e318011476d9b6f7c4d08267.jpg

Received mine today and the first thing I checked is the eyes.... I can tell you this is not an issue at all. Eye is shunned in as you age.

Thanks! It really is a solid figure. I think people are freaking for no reason. Case in point another collector posted this pic on FB. Talking about money shot!

The beards looks different. One appears straight(ish) and the other is curly.
And is his staff grey or brown?
Either way, great looking figure.

22aa93e9e318011476d9b6f7c4d08267.jpg

Received mine today and the first thing I checked is the eyes.... I can tell you this is not an issue at all. Eye is shunned in as you age.
The curl is after the collector used product in the beard. I'm planning to do the same as well.

No worries.

Yeah don't know what they were thinking with the hat. I mean I appreciate the idea on paper, but surely they must have seen it doesn't work so well in reality ??

Oh well, I'm sure someone will come up with a hack. I posted an idea a few pages back. But I guess will need to see in hand.

Yeah I saw that. Seemed to be logical. Might have worked :)

I believe the curl actually depends on the selection of wool that was used.
(not to say product can't help)
Mine was curly right out of the box.
curly outa da box.jpg

Oh yeah... These newer pics, even if futzed, are looking MUCH better.

Mine hasn't reached the States yet, unfortunately.

When the futzing material for the hair is wax, am I correct in assuming that it's moustache wax that is being utilized?

Back