Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
-Gandalf the Grey
[The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring]View attachment 510880View attachment 510881

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In the words of Shmi Skywalker..."You have brought hope to those that have none"...

beautiful shot mate!!

Wow ! Incredible shots !
In the words of Shmi Skywalker..."You have brought hope to those that have none"...

beautiful shot mate!!
Thanks guys. Decided to finally play around to some pics changing the eye position and some different filters. I'm absolutely in LOVE with this figure. 2021 isn't even half way over yet and this is my contender for Figure of the Year.

Thanks guys. Decided to finally play around to some pics changing the eye position and some different filters. I'm absolutely in LOVE with this figure. 2021 isn't even half way over yet and this is my contender for Figure of the Year.

That's interesting. Would you mind posing it with the eyes looking up and the arm raised while holding the staff? I mean, like in the Balrog scene. I believe that would result in such a great picture.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

That's interesting. Would you mind posing it with the eyes looking up and the arm raised while holding the staff? I mean, like in the Balrog scene. I believe that would result in such a great picture.

I have some people coming over today to work on my kitchen (something they need to fix that they messed up). If I get some time later I'll try and get some pics of him on the Bridge Base

I have some people coming over today to work on my kitchen (something they need to fix that they messed up). If I get some time later I'll try and get some pics of him on the Bridge Base

Sure, whenever you want :) thanks

Sure, whenever you want :) thanks

Here you go man. [emoji482] 20210414_112335.jpg20210414_113142.jpg20210414_113149.jpg20210414_113046.jpg20210414_113053.jpg20210414_113059.jpg20210414_113106.jpgPSX_20210414_113815.jpgPSX_20210414_114006.jpgPSX_20210414_113919.jpgPSX_20210414_114656.jpg

Man, just wow! This is so... Iconic!
Beautiful pics, thank you very much.
I was a bit skeptical on this figure once it released, but it is definitely a must have.
If Asmus is going to sell another batch I'll pull the trigger, unfortunately other sellers are not feasible for me due to shipping + taxes... I live in Italy.

Great pics, I just got mine in from timewalker only issue is missing the pipe TW said they are going to be sending them in may probably gonna take a bit. And that is the stock hat by the way btw it is not that bad I just had to futz a little and lift up his head.
0e22e241df001a0e1b57531ccb4bcab4.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, I just got mine in from timewalker only issue is missing the pipe TW said they are going to be sending them in may probably gonna take a bit. And that is the stock hat by the way btwans it is not that bad I just had to futz a little and lift up his head.
0e22e241df001a0e1b57531ccb4bcab4.jpg

Not a knock on you because you obviously didn?t make the figure, but that hat looks awful in the picture, one of the worst looks I?ve seen.
I would not be able to display it like that.

Getting so jealous now, Gandalf and Galadriel look amazing and there’s no telling when Asmus will be allowed to post to the uk.
I want my invoice sooooo bad.

Not a knock on you because you obviously didn?t make the figure, but that hat looks awful in the picture, one of the worst looks I?ve seen.
I would not be able to display it like that.

Yikes but true I shouldn?t justify the hat they could of done much better, I may do that mod soon. Definitely need to futz the hair a bit. I will have to look back on some hair techniques.
7b431837fc5e450c7bd7e6b267e13a77.jpg

Yikes but true I shouldn?t justify the hat they could of done much better, I may do that mod soon. Definitely need to futz the hair a bit. I will have to look back on some hair techniques.
7b431837fc5e450c7bd7e6b267e13a77.jpg

Your figure, photo, and display are all excellent. The darn hat just brings the whole thing down. Much much better in the hatless pictures.
Still need to open mine, probably tomorrow, but the hat is definitely staying inside the box.

Fixing the hat is not a big problem... The real problem is that the hair are just too gorgeous to cover them with the hat...

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Fixing the hat is not a big problem... The real problem is that the hair are just too gorgeous to cover them with the hat...

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yup even with the absolute perfect hat I'd probably still be hesitant to cover up the hair on this. In fact it's so big that it puts the entire head in shadow, which is a problem when that's usually the most important part of any figure.

Back