Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel kinda bad, knowing that I'll probably never use that pipe or second staff that's causing so much grief for others here.:p Although I guess it is always nice to have the extra display option.

It's not just the staff and pipe, it's the base, the hat, and the head.

Just a couple more shots of Gandalf on display. :)
PXL_20210413_025615596.jpgPXL_20210411_045551359.jpg

View attachment 510759View attachment 510760

Photo is a great reminder how good the DX Sparrow is. I would honestly take Gandalf off the included base, it really hurts the overall look of the figure. It looks like he is standing in an AeroGarden. HT really nailed the extras on both DX releases with that base and the ship wheel.

So I think I’m ready to have a go at using water to style the hair and beard. Any DIY YT videos out there folks have stumbled across that they could share? Or just recommendations based on how you did it?

To start I was thinking of using a small spray bottle of warm water, wetting the hair/quickly dabbing up any water that gets on the face right away, and then just combing it with my finger tips.

To protect the face I guess also masking it off by holding a paper towel over the face as I spray water onto the hair.

I’m a little reluctant to use any hair styling product on this very thin, finely textured lamb’s wool. Although in the past I’ve used styling gel to decent effect with the cheap nylon hair Hot Toys uses, e.g., JL Wonder Woman. (I didn’t even bother trying to use if for that cheap coarse, thick plastered stuff Asmus used for SLIM Aragorn and Boromir.)

Maybe I’ll try using a tiny brush I’ve got lying around that came with a beard trimmer kit designed to clean the shaver blade. I think I still have it somewhere. Anyway...

View attachment 510759View attachment 510760
Love it. And the two compliment each other well for great characters from the early 2000s. Here is a pic of mine displayed.

Photo is a great reminder how good the DX Sparrow is. I would honestly take Gandalf off the included base, it really hurts the overall look of the figure. It looks like he is standing in an AeroGarden. HT really nailed the extras on both DX releases with that base and the ship wheel.
The DX15 is definitely one of HT best releases and I think its a great testament to the Gandalf that he can stand his own pretty well next to just a great HT figure. 20210413_071059.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I think I?m ready to have a go at using water to style the hair and beard. Any DIY YT videos out there folks have stumbled across that they could share? Or just recommendations based on how you did it?

To start I was thinking of using a small spray bottle of warm water, wetting the hair/quickly dabbing up any water that gets on the face right away, and then just combing it with my finger tips.

To protect the face I guess also masking it off by holding a paper towel over the face as I spray water onto the hair.

I?m a little reluctant to use any hair styling product on this very thin, finely textured lamb?s wool. Although in the past I?ve used styling gel to decent effect with the cheap nylon hair Hot Toys uses, e.g., JL Wonder Woman. (I didn?t even bother trying to use if for that cheap coarse, thick plastered stuff Asmus used for SLIM Aragorn and Boromir.)

Maybe I?ll try using a tiny brush I?ve got lying around that came with a beard trimmer kit designed to clean the shaver blade. I think I still have it somewhere. Anyway...
Water shouldn't do any damage at all. So you should be safe. With the hair product I used some of my wife's product called Recoil to achieve the desired effect I wanted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I think I?m ready to have a go at using water to style the hair and beard. Any DIY YT videos out there folks have stumbled across that they could share? Or just recommendations based on how you did it?

I?m a little reluctant to use any hair styling product on this very thin, finely textured lamb?s wool. Although in the past I?ve used styling gel to decent effect with the cheap nylon hair Hot Toys uses, e.g., JL Wonder Woman. (I didn?t even bother trying to use if for that cheap coarse, thick plastered stuff Asmus used for SLIM Aragorn and Boromir.)

Maybe I?ll try using a tiny brush I?ve got lying around that came with a beard trimmer kit designed to clean the shaver blade. I think I still have it somewhere. Anyway...

I would just fill a small bowl with water, dip your fingers in, and then just comb/style the hair with your fingers. At least that's what I did.

Make sure you separate the beard from the hair in the back, and then have a little bit of hair around the ears coming down to the sides or the front.

Back