Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice job! To me, the chain mail is the only let down on this figure but it seems relatively easy to fix. How hard is it to strip Gimli down? Did you have to break anything/any glue?

thanks! youll have to break the glue on the leather straps of his belt. that harness will slip off and then youll just have to pull everything off gently but easy. as for the chainmail his arms come with, you will have to tear them off where they attatch to the under tunic in a controlled manner.

thanks! youll have to break the glue on the leather straps of his belt. that harness will slip off and then youll just have to pull everything off gently but easy. as for the chainmail his arms come with, you will have to tear them off where they attatch to the under tunic in a controlled manner.

Ok got it. If I find some decent replacement chain mail I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

Mine has been “in transit” from Taipei since the 26th. Still hasn’t hit Los Angeles. Did anyone’s tracking not update and it just showed up at your door? None of my stuff from Asmus has taken this long.

I have an extra one of these here in the USA if anyone is looking. Shoot me a PM.

I opened mine up the other day and I really have got to say that this is the greatest figure the Asmus has done to date. I love everything about it and it gets me excited to see what they will have in store for this line in the future.

This guys has been waiting for me in the post office for two weeks while I was out of town. This is a phenomenal piece. Glad to finally have him in hand!
44cfbe57cc39dcc42a91f1a252e94004.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mine has been “in transit” from Taipei since the 26th. Still hasn’t hit Los Angeles. Did anyone’s tracking not update and it just showed up at your door? None of my stuff from Asmus has taken this long.

I’m having the same issue smh still haven’t gotten mine either!!!

Bah!!! Seems mine been stuck in customs for over a week and just been released with revised custom fees!!!!

Received mine yesterday. You will not be disappointed, now one of my favourite figures in my whole collection. Very impressed with the quality, attention to detail and the rooted beard. Top mark Asmus for a stellar figure

Full review - and more pics are up on Exclucollective.com (https://bit.ly/2AxF8vp) - let me know what you think!

Enjoyed that and of course IMO good news I think re Bilbo and Thorin. I would've got Legolas if the sculpt I think was better and w. full rooted hair - just to go with Thranduil. But I hope ASMUS does Legolas again - the Mirkwood armor version.

Great review! I'd go for Gimli just to have another dwarf, but I have 2 Thorins on PO...:monkey3

Thanks for the tips! I gave it a try tonight, pretty pleased with the results!
CF7C8951-D34D-4FE4-BA34-981728153574.jpg

yeah my is still stuck in custom since July 30.. i see that i am gonna be charged tax/duty

Anyone fix the neck yet?

i did. i posted pics back. i showed the replacement part i used as a peg joiner. plus i cut the lower brown piece at the bottom and back of his head off so it would stop pushing up from the hood area. adding some padding to his shoulders helps too :)

i did. i posted pics back. i showed the replacement part i used as a peg joiner. plus i cut the lower brown piece at the bottom and back of his head off so it would stop pushing up from the hood area. adding some padding to his shoulders helps too :)

Found it. Wow, that was some time ago. I must have missed that picture because I hadn't taken Gimli apart yet to know about the neck joint. What part is that? I was thinking a shorter peg but that plug might be better.

Back