Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this guy today. Right leg is half inch longer than the left. Hope to find a fix for the figure or exchange for another.

Watching Fellowship with GtG

IMG_1574.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea on the bootlegs. I'll have to check out the likeness, but will probably be a closer age match for a LotR version. Maybe I'll get one to make into GtW.

Snapped a wrist peg screwing around with a wizard battle pose. I haven't pulled the thing out yet, its just hanging in the fingerless glove/sleeve thing, but was wondering if these are compatible wrist pegs with any other figure lines.

Snapped a wrist peg screwing around with a wizard battle pose. I haven't pulled the thing out yet, its just hanging in the fingerless glove/sleeve thing, but was wondering if these are compatible wrist pegs with any other figure lines.

its mostly a kaustic plastik body, so I suppose you could use most pegs these days, KP, ACI/ coo models /hot toys. just be sure to warm it up before changing hands.

its standard Hot Toys like peg,
please remember to heat it up (hair drier, or soak in boil water)

My Gandalf The Grey is finally in stock with my local retailer. :yess:
I've just paid the full deposit and hoping that it arrives by Friday at the latest. I'll share some pictures when he's displayed in my collection. It's my first Asmus figure so I hope it does deliver. I'm only worried about the hat and rooted hair though... :gandalf

Arrives precisely when he means to:

He fits perfectly next to my Peter Jackson autographed novels. :gandalf

20161125_161108.jpg

51b1ff3d066d7fbdc6824175de9eb7d4.jpg

I was able to use the second figure masters sculpt for a hatted version. With the two heads I think it's the ultimate Gandalf figure!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very impressive

any hints on how you did the hair and beard? is there a tutorial or anything to point someone in the right direction? great job!

Back