Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Those of you who have this Gandalf already: are his ankles super-loose like the one Michael Crawford reviewed, or did MWC just get a dud? I HATE figures that have really loose ankle joints, so I'm concerned...

They are to the point I thought it was broken.

This figure really is stunning in some of the poses but often looks very weird in other poses or angles.

I really like the pictures Thainitty! I guess most of us are going for the smoking Gandalf. :clap

This figure really is stunning in some of the poses but often looks very weird in other poses or angles.

I really like the pictures Thainitty! I guess most of us are going for the smoking Gandalf. :clap

Thanks cammo, I have other ideas but I like the smoking look the best. Once asmus sends me the belt loops and I can attach the sword I'm going to do more pics

Nice pics everyone... ankle loosen too.. think due to the shoes as someone here has mention

heard plumbers tape helps with tightening the ankles...can someone do a pictorial tutorial so us novices don't screw it up?

All in all, fantastic photos all around. I ordered from Time Walker...stock is expected Thursday of next week...can't wait!

I see a lot of people having an issue about the loose ankles. Has this been a common problem with the Asmus figures or is this an issue that you've only seen in Gandalf so far? Did Eowyn or Aragorn have loose ankles or body problems like this? I've yet to buy my first Asmus figure but I'm really trying to convince myself to buy Eowyn and Gandalf to get started. Likeness on Gandalf just has me concerned so I'm hoping there's nothing recurring in terms of quality issues.

My ankles are not that loose. I had him standing without his stand while I was working on the scarf and scabbard. I have not tried to put him in any sort of action stance however so not sure how that will fare. I would not leave him standing without his stand for long though as he seems to have a weird sense of balance with all of the clothing layers and stuff. One of my arms seems to drop though. He will be fine if it is at a certain height but when I was trying to pose him with one of his staffs, the arm just wanted to drop into a lower position but then held there. I need more time to mess around with him, its been too busy of a week so super glad its Friday.

Hey everyone...not sure if people just aren't interested or don't troll the Custom Section...but I've started a pretty cool project:
image.jpg
I've got a ton of detail to add, but at least I've got something to show as a quick update. Check the custom section for regular updates to my progress.

heard plumbers tape helps with tightening the ankles...can someone do a pictorial tutorial so us novices don't screw it up?

All in all, fantastic photos all around. I ordered from Time Walker...stock is expected Thursday of next week...can't wait!

No need for pics! Tear off about 3-4" and wrap the circle on the peg. If it isn't tight enough add more. If it's too tight take off less. It's impossible to mess up

Wor-gar, what'd you end up doing about your Gandalf? Were you able to comb the hair to a point you were happy with?

Back