Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa! He looks like he turned out great! @wor-gar yeah man, I am thinking the same....waiting on alter ego to get mouth in but ordered Gandalf direct

Took one look at that pic *Thanx Hoodonit*:) and headed out to order...think this looks AMAZING. It looks like a line of little Gandalfs:lol. And I WANT that preorder-only Hobbit staff. LOL ASMUS - tried to order from them, but message came up "this account has been suspended". Don't have an account so it can't be suspended -what???:computer

Whatever - I'd rather ASMUS just worry about great sculpts (and getting Thranduil, Thorin, etc. done w. great faces etc....) so ordered from Sideshow.

So far even the face paint/hair looks great IMO. *Shrug* if there is more or less a tint wash on the beard, easy to tweak IF I want. I don't need the Grey Pilgrim to be squeaky clean...

Gandalf: I ran into some unsavory characters whilst traveling on the Greenway...they mistook me for a vagabond.
Thorin: I imagine they regretted that.

LOL!:lol

Looks good. It would be great to see some close up picks soon :)
The one thing that concernes me is seeing his neck/head connection from the side. It looked super ugly on Gandalf the white and it kind of looks like you can see it one this one too depending on how the hair is positioned. I guess that's thr plus to having rooted hair though, you can move it where you want.

First pictures that actually look very good. I'll wait for in hand pictures before making my order.

First pictures that actually look very good. I'll wait for in hand pictures before making my order.

I'm waiting too, but the newest picture does look pretty good to me. My lotr display needs to be small, but if gandalf turns out I will probably pick up him and saruman to display next to each other.

It looks good but the brown tint needs to be removed, also most of the GTG figures look different from each other, I see this line having some QC issues but I hope I'm wrong.

I wish Asmus would answer whether or not a better GTW head sculpt was shipping with this like it was discussed.

nono, we will GIVE away GTW with PURCHASE of GTG,
but not in the same box,
GTW is stilling making its better version,
so at mean time, just have fun with the grey beard ~

I cannot wait for this, I just got Saruman here at the commerce section and I was blown away.

Can you guys post a frontal picture of him in different angles including frontal before I pre order him? Thanks.

163335qpasfuauufkspcus.jpg
163336fgkhpkbhekpp0lci.jpg
163331z4dw48cbbzrdz0w8.jpg
163327buqvlapuuqusqapu.jpg
163151uh5ofdlh5xlk6ed0.jpg
163259yvdzbp8toa5n9vmh.jpg
022432fp7tswbpkwk2kpb9.jpg

Back