Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is as good as any prototype that Hot Toys has released...and as others have mentioned unlike Hot Toys Asmus usually improves on the prototype with the production figure. Between this and Crown Gandalf Asmus is releasing the two figures that I have been most excited for in years. Coupled with the fact that Asmus makes figures of great cinematic films versus the latest Marvel, DC, Star Wars flavor of the month (OT figures would not be included in this) and their ASTONISHINGLY GREAT outreach and even collaboration with collectors I am going to say that by the most important measure in the 1/6 Scale Figure Industry - the personal opinion of Jal76 - Asmus is the BEST 1/6 Scale Figure Company. Sorry Hot Toys you just got bumped down to number 2.

This is as good as any prototype that Hot Toys has released...and as others have mentioned unlike Hot Toys Asmus usually improves on the prototype with the production figure. Between this and Crown Gandalf Asmus is releasing the two figures that I have been most excited for in years. Coupled with the fact that Asmus makes figures of great cinematic films versus the latest Marvel, DC, Star Wars flavor of the month (OT figures would not be included in this) and their ASTONISHINGLY GREAT outreach and even collaboration with collectors I am going to say that by the most important measure in the 1/6 Scale Figure Industry - the personal opinion of Jal76 - Asmus is the BEST 1/6 Scale Figure Company. Sorry Hot Toys you just got bumped down to number 2.

Their customer/fan interaction alone earns them that title in my book. Good post.

48FCD2F7-6AA7-4BC4-8574-555188782214.jpeg

Her gift to Frodo

It's not labeled, but it looks like she comes with her ring. If that little inset photo is accurate, that's some pretty terrific detail for something so small.

She does come with Nenya. It is listed on the Asmus website. And I saw a picture somewhere.

Special Features in Accessories:

? One Elvish kettle
. Two Nenya, the Ring of Adamant

She does come with Nenya. It is listed on the Asmus website. And I saw a picture somewhere.

Special Features in Accessories:

? One Elvish kettle
. Two Nenya, the Ring of Adamant

I?m glad they include the ring, and the brooch detail on the dress is lovely.

So do you get the jug with her but only the alter as an exclusive?
I?m sure they can put the Phiel of Galadriel in there to as they already made them for Frodo.

I think the assumption will be that people have already bought frodo so will have the phial or, if not, it could be that extra push to make people finally order him so I wouldn’t expect that to be added. Also, as it currently stands, this is solely a Galadriel as depicted in the mirror scene so the phial would be out of place and make the omission of the crown more egregious.

I think the assumption will be that people have already bought frodo so will have the phial or, if not, it could be that extra push to make people finally order him so I wouldn?t expect that to be added. Also, as it currently stands, this is solely a Galadriel as depicted in the mirror scene so the phial would be out of place and make the omission of the crown more egregious.

Unfortunately I think Frodo is no longer available...

Asmus has gone out of its way on several occasions to respond to fans’ requests, but I think it’s a bit unrealistic to expect them to go back every single time and add items from previous figures just because some people missed out. That’s never been done by any company, not even the almighty Hot Toys, so I think some slack can be given for not including the phial — which wasn’t in this particular scene (as mentioned). I’m sure every time they start to see the requests (and demands) about this and that being added, they must just roll their eyes and give a heavy sigh: “Geez, it’s just never enough with these people.” I appreciate everything this company has done to finally give us so many figures, their customer interaction is second to none, and while I’ve expressed my frustration on some of the choices in scene specific figures (Arwen, Elrond and Eowyn) that I don’t feel are representative of their character from the films, I can understand their decision, and still appreciate having those figures in my collection. The constant demand for more and more stuff, and expecting the price point to remain the same, cutting into their profit margin, has to get on their last nerve. I think we can all agree this is a pretty amazing figure already — so why can’t we be happy we’re getting it as is. It’s impossible to please everyone all the time.

Asmus has gone out of its way on several occasions to respond to fans? requests, but I think it?s a bit unrealistic to expect them to go back every single time and add items from previous figures just because some people missed out. That?s never been done by any company, not even the almighty Hot Toys, so I think some slack can be given for not including the phial ? which wasn?t in this particular scene (as mentioned). I?m sure every time they start to see the requests (and demands) about this and that being added, they must just roll their eyes and give a heavy sigh: ?Geez, it?s just never enough with these people.? I appreciate everything this company has done to finally give us so many figures, their customer interaction is second to none, and while I?ve expressed my frustration on some of the choices in scene specific figures (Arwen, Elrond and Eowyn) that I don?t feel are representative of their character from the films, I can understand their decision, and still appreciate having those figures in my collection. The constant demand for more and more stuff, and expecting the price point to remain the same, cutting into their profit margin, has to get on their last nerve. I think we can all agree this is a pretty amazing figure already ? so why can?t we be happy we?re getting it as is. It?s impossible to please everyone all the time.
:clap:goodpost:

I really really hate their Tauriel, and I think their Arwen really missed the likeness, but I love their Saruman and now this Galadriel is very impressive! :) Pre-ordered!

Asmus has gone out of its way on several occasions to respond to fans? requests, but I think it?s a bit unrealistic to expect them to go back every single time and add items from previous figures just because some people missed out. That?s never been done by any company, not even the almighty Hot Toys, so I think some slack can be given for not including the phial ? which wasn?t in this particular scene (as mentioned). I?m sure every time they start to see the requests (and demands) about this and that being added, they must just roll their eyes and give a heavy sigh: ?Geez, it?s just never enough with these people.? I appreciate everything this company has done to finally give us so many figures, their customer interaction is second to none, and while I?ve expressed my frustration on some of the choices in scene specific figures (Arwen, Elrond and Eowyn) that I don?t feel are representative of their character from the films, I can understand their decision, and still appreciate having those figures in my collection. The constant demand for more and more stuff, and expecting the price point to remain the same, cutting into their profit margin, has to get on their last nerve. I think we can all agree this is a pretty amazing figure already ? so why can?t we be happy we?re getting it as is. It?s impossible to please everyone all the time.

Easy. Charge extra for the crown. Sorted.

If anyone has a 3D printer, they could print the crown and other accessories too.

I don?t have one but maybe someone can create one on shapeways since they print stuff for people based on 3D designs.

Wish the UK retailers would get this up for order already! :impatient: I want to pre-order her!!

I’m in the UK and had to order from Asmus directly with this release. No way am I missing out on that alter and mirror. Big accessories like that which are essentially diorama pieces gotsta be mine.
I’d prefer if they did slim and deluxe releases instead so everyone had a better chance of getting these ‘exclusives’ which are more geographically discriminating than anything else.
However, I hardly ever order from the uk because the marks up are just mad so I’ll chance the customs.

I really really hate their Tauriel, and I think their Arwen really missed the likeness, but I love their Saruman and now this Galadriel is very impressive! :) Pre-ordered!

I hope they revisit Arwen sculpt, as they mentioned they consider a different version of her.

Back