Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought from Mfisher an Indiana Jones whip a long time ago. Great stuff

IMG_20220408_093757.jpg

Attachments

• 20220408_165102_HDR.jpg
    20220408_165102_HDR.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 68
Went back and switched the body to the JX toys one. I had to sacrifice the right arm's wrist area to get it into the chainsaw. I fixed up the harness made by Mfisher the strap with the buckle was a bit thin so I used a web strap I had laying around and with a plastic buckle that was more accurate I completed my Harness. The color is a darker grey brown on it compared to the rest of it but it's pretty cool contrast.
20220409_174049.jpg
20220409_174101.jpg

Went back and switched the body to the JX toys one. I had to sacrifice the right arm's wrist area to get it into the chainsaw. I fixed up the harness made by Mfisher the strap with the buckle was a bit thin so I used a web strap I had laying around and with a plastic buckle that was more accurate I completed my Harness. The color is a darker grey brown on it compared to the rest of it but it's pretty cool contrast. View attachment 571356View attachment 571355
This looks awesome !

After months of back and forth with my supplier, I FINALLY managed to get my deposit back for this figure and cancel the order and I'm relieved. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not in the hate train that plagued the thread months back, I just felt that the figure we got wasn't the one I was advertised to and that made me feel uncomfortable parting with my cash especially how pricey it is. Asmus was also helpful in pointing me in the right direction on the cancellation so props to them.

Okay get ready for a novel peeps, the overall layout of the harness is the same as the one I posted earlier, so I'll just post some of the pics of the original harness I mades layout-
IMG_20220326_210123_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210200_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210317_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210334_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210349_HDR.jpg
no measurements needed just cut a little more than you need and keep trying the harness on the figure, as for the leather strap I used an old black leather belt that I had just cut to be thinner pretty simple, as for the eyelet on the strap there's 2 options, you could either buy eyelets (preferably gold coloured as brass is a little dark) and actually punch them into the leather, which unfortunately I have no idea how to do. Or what I did was buy an old 1/6 army belt that had eyelets punched into it and just cut them out, then I cut a small hole big enough for the eyelet to fit into the leather strap and pushed it in, on the inside of the strap I put a generous amount of super glue around the leather and eyelet to keep it in place and reinforce it some, here's a pic to show the position of the eyelet-
Screenshot_2021-04-02-03-59-10~2.jpg
IMG_20220412_014218_HDR.jpg
- once you have that done simply loop it to the middle O ring and glue it in place, if the strap isn't long enough you may need to glue more leather onto it to extend it, what you want to do for the back is loop the leather strap around the back bottom webbing piece so it can be adjustable. Now onto the holster, I'm just using some brown pleather for mine, I'm making mine to fit a sideshow shotgun so mine will be a different size but just eyeball it and make sure the boomstick fits, I cut a rectangle of pleather that was the correct height and used a sewing machine to slightly sew on an angle, now you're not sewing the harness together, the sewing is just for show as you'll be glueing the holster together. You can sew it together properly if you want but it might make the rest of the stuff you need to do harder, you'll need another eyelet same for the holster also, it will go in the middle right side next to the sewing, I did the same thing with this as I did with the strap, cut a hole and pushed the eyelet in and glued the inside in place, there's also holes at the top and the bottom of the right side next to the sewing but these are just holes ! The eyelet only goes in the middle hole !, You'll now need to find some sort of string, I used random string I found at a local craft store, you'll specifically need string that you'll be able to thread through the eyelet, top and bottom holes, now may be a good time to glue the holster together, make sure you're shotty fits ! Now line the holes up in the front and make holes in the back side of the holster so you can completely thread a seperate piece of string through each hole in the holster and make it come out of the back side, tie them so it specifically has some hang down the bottom tie the knot on the inside so you can't see it, the middle hole with the eyelet tie the knot on the outside so it's visible next to the eyelet and the top one tie the knot to the side of the harness, you'll need abit extra string for the top one as once it's tied you need to tie another knot around the neighbouring webbing, this was used in the movie to stabilise the holster, I'm just using simple knots if you want it to be extra tight you can double knot it, unfortunately there's no actual screenshot of how the harness sat in evil dead 2 but it's believed to be the same as it is in this picture from army of darkness, last thing to do is make 2 cuts on the left side of the harness, slightly on the inside but so you can still see it, and that's it thread the holster through and you're done
Screenshot_20220410-194529.jpg
Screenshot_20220410-200226.jpg
IMG_20220411_210644_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220411_210709_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220411_210947_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220411_211024_HDR.jpg
. Here's a few things I forgot to add, you'll need 5 O rings, I've used 8mm (outside diameter) split rings for lures that I used some strong pliers to cut into singular rings, you want the rings to be a shiny steel not a matt. As for the buckle I used ones from leather German WWII boots, they're made for 5mm webbing and they're a matt steel finish which is how it is in the film. Unfortunately they're very old and I don't see anymore on eBay, I also can't find the belt I'm using the eyelets from sorry guys, but if you search doll buckle a bunch come up and there should be one that's right, same goes for if you're actually punching the eyelets in, search doll eyelet on eBay. Oh and a big tip ! Never use glue straight from the tube ! Squirt some onto some baking paper and use a toothpick that way you'll have more control. If you're having trouble finding leather you could try a cheap leather purse, it's what I used to make my ash vs evil dead holster here
IMG_20210206_213103~3.jpg
PS I painted my webbing a dark brown, put a dark wash on the holster and painted the string a reddish brown, use very watered down paints ! Here's a link to the webbing, I ordered "5mm coyote"A902 1:6 Scale ace action figure DIY 3mm 5mm 6mm 8mm webbing strap Free shipping | eBay

Last edited:
Back