Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.

Yes.

Now you know/are reminded.

Good.
--

And knowing is half the battle (but we're all adults more or less so the battle is won)!

1643908403108.png

OR THIS IN KEEPING THEME WITH THE DISCUSSION THREAD

1643908493423.png

Took some time this weekend to mess with Ash. As far away as possible about being happy with how Asmus handled all of this, but I figured I'd make the best out of a bad situation. (Apologies for the less than stellar cell phone pictures.)

View attachment 559702

View attachment 559703
Looks Solid. Do you think this sculpt would look good on the sideshow figure? Anyone try it yet?

Would anyone be will to measure and or rough guesstimate the thickness of the back wall to the luxury version? I have an idea or two.

No argument there. The fact that many in the hobby look at these final stock figures as a partially filled canvases for their own creative expression no doubt contributes to the lack of accountability by the companies producing them. The hobby very well might suck. Addictive tho...

On a related note, quick straw poll: Who is still sticking around here?
1. Angry non-buyer, still venting frustrations
2. Begrudgingly bitter buyer who isn't happy, but won't back out (non-customizer)
3. Happy buyer (non-customizer)
4. Customizer who definitely wants it, but is bitter about the work necessary to 'fix it'
5. Happy buyer, eager to get to customizing because that is the fun part.
I’m a “Happy Buyer” but I’d like to try painting the scrapes on. Never did anything like it before so I’m likely going to practice on some dummy stuff first and maybe get some pointers hopefully. But still happy with it mostly

also, collecting is most certainly a hobby. Collecting baseball cards is a hobby, right? That’s like a classic example of a hobby. Collecting stamps, hobby. I’ve never even heard it be debated that collecting wasn’t. Interesting. TIL some people don’t view collecting things as a hobby.

I’m curious when SS will begin their trek into madness and start shipping. I assume they’re waiting on the new Hairy Henrietta’s, but I wonder when we’ll see them. I’m gettin’ antsy 🤣

Last edited:
Started my ED2 sixth scale diorama. I decided to do only a small section from window to cellar wall. This fits a detolf. There's plenty left to do like board up the window, add chains to the cellar door, etc. Next up I stucco and paint the walls.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

small4.jpg

The tough part is capturing the in person color. My dsl couldnt but my crappy cell phone could. lol Although the basedboards and window area a little more gray than even in this pic.

259375080_630340374904642_1123359385260229263_n.jpg

cabin.jpg

Looks Solid. Do you think this sculpt would look good on the sideshow figure? Anyone try it yet?
I gotta say, I am relatively pleased with the Asmus sculpt. I do think the hair could be better, and the paint isn't the best I've ever seen, but I think it captures the essence of Ash well. I'd be interested to see it on the Sideshow body as well, because I was never really a big fan of that sculpt, a touch to cartoony for me.

here, but I was told they’ll be sending it after the Chinese New Year holidays
Oh man. Thats like 2 weeks. Maybe that's why they have not responded at all to my emails and DMs. Looks like it's gonna be a while. It sucks but I guess that gives me more time to acquire the items I need to build Deadite Ash. That wasn't my initial plan but after seeing others attempts I'm gonna go make my own. Thanks for the response.

No argument there. The fact that many in the hobby look at these final stock figures as a partially filled canvases for their own creative expression no doubt contributes to the lack of accountability by the companies producing them. The hobby very well might suck. Addictive tho...

On a related note, quick straw poll: Who is still sticking around here?
1. Angry non-buyer, still venting frustrations
2. Begrudgingly bitter buyer who isn't happy, but won't back out (non-customizer)
3. Happy buyer (non-customizer)
4. Customizer who definitely wants it, but is bitter about the work necessary to 'fix it'
5. Happy buyer, eager to get to customizing because that is the fun part.
I guess I'd be #5. I'm hyped and can't wait to get that shipping notification. Now, that's not the same standard I expect from others, nor care how they feel about a certain product. It also doesn't mean I buy up any old thing to come out because I know I'll modify it. In fact my collecting of 1/6 has slowed considerably the past 5 or 6 years. I wasn't sure about this release at all until my two biggest concerns were alleviated. I'll also add that I highly doubt that us customizers have some huge affect on the market as far as buying crap figures we know we can fix, thus sending a message to whatever company that they can release any half a**** product. To me at least it seems we're in the minority. Most people buy figures to unbox and display. If they "modify" anything it might be to buy a new cape for Batman or something similar. Most people aren't willing to paint, re-tool, and customize their own parts, I reckon.

As an owner of the "luxury" I score this around 80%.
Disappointed by the fixed torso and other things. There are legit issues and false issues like pants not fitting spoiler alert, they do fit.

It's also a matter of perspective. I mainly collect statues and custom lifesize busts in the +2-3k range. My annual salary is +250k usd and I am fortunate to have the disposable income that can support my purchases. I don't volunteer this info to brag or create a divide, but to illustrate some perspective. A 350 dollar figure does not impact me the same as some who have to save and budget, therefore it's eaiser to look beyond issues same as those who collect NECA do. They rationalize that a 25 dollar NECA is affordable and decent for the price and didn't break their bank. Well, a 350 dollar figure has the impact on my take home to dollar spent ratio. I am not excusing it, justifying it or anything, but from my perspective, I am not upset about the money I paid. So don't come down on someone like me who bought it, can afford it and enjoys it. If this had broke my budget and or I had to save diligently to buy it and then the quality was not proportionate to my financial sacrifice, I would be upset. But guess what, for me I was like " hmm, it could have been better but I love Ash and this is good enough for the economic impact it had on me" I have every much a right to my opinions as anyone else.

what's your job? in general terms, I'm just curious

Thanks! I'm taking all my hatred of asmus inaccuracies out on this diorama. lmao
This is kinda heartbreaking…I wish Asmus had produced a figure that was worthy of your diorama…
Your diorama truly deserves a better Ash.

Get yourself a set of pastels in a wide color range. You can shave a bit off into a powder with a hobby knife/razorblade and lightly color the nipple (applied with small brush or pointed cotton swab- not the kind for your ears). it will look more natural than paint. A good pastel with high pigmentation will stain most plastics and rubber so no real need to seal it. If you do want to seal it, i spritz of hairspray does the job.

EDIT: Vallejo makes/sells jars of pigment. Great for weathering etc. Those work great to stain nipples but it is way more cost effective to just scrape a pastel stick and make your own powder.

1/6th scale nipple pigmentation......................now THAT'S a hobby!

Diluted leather brown by Vallejo paints tends to work pretty well for me. Can you recommend some Vallejo pigment colors?

Back