Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any estimate on the price? I might be interested as well, although it might also be something I could mod myself.
Won't know until he has the Asmus one he'll let me know though his work isn't super pricey thankfully. Update: asked him and he said $65-75 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Ok guys I spoke to Gustavo Bautista Ponce he makes great leather work and has made the harness for Ash vs Evil dead Ash. He said he's willing to make a run for the harness and possibly holster. Though he needs one of Asmus Harness to see how they did it and he'll make his based on what I've showed him as reference being that the harness is webbing with just one strap leather. Who's interested?
He does some excellent work. He has done some work for me. very professional

I am in the Gustavo project with you guys. I will use the stock body for now. It will be interesting if we could adjust it to different sizes. And yeah shotgun holster is crap

I'll be sending Gustavo my harness from my Ash (I finally paid the standard off) but it will be later as New year is happening and I don't think my Ash will ship before then.

--

If you're interested in commissioning one yourself with your own design preference/specs, I recommend Aaron from Lucky Shot Scale Leather and other cool small stuff on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/LuckyShotLeather
I've personally known and met him a number of times over the years. He crafts a variety of handmade 1:6 holsters, harnesses, etc. using real leather and webbing.

He's a 1:6 collector first and a 1:6 craftsman second. I believe some (not necessarily in this group) have approached him about getting a better shotgun harness/holster for Ash as well and he's open/receptive to it.

Reach out to him and feel free to inquire.

Hey, thanks a lot ,man. I think this is something I want to do myself though. For me, modifying/customizing is part of the hobby - not adjacent to it. Making the harness sounds fun. I just need to get the correct specs on a few things. I will save this link for sure. Im betting it'll come in handy at some point in the future. Thanks again. 🙂

Hey, thanks a lot ,man. I think this is something I want to do myself though. For me, modifying/customizing is part of the hobby - not adjacent to it. Making the harness sounds fun. I just need to get the correct specs on a few things. I will save this link for sure. Im betting it'll come in handy at some point in the future. Thanks again. 🙂
You guys can contact Peter Paint works on Insta and facebook.
I have been dealing with him for yrs, he will do perfectly screen accurate

Interesting how the box spelling is correct but the slip cover and base were wrong and needed stickers 20220129_160113.jpg20220129_160123.jpg20220129_160132.jpg...

You guys can contact Peter Paint works on Insta and facebook.
I have been dealing with him for yrs, he will do perfectly screen accurate
I actually contacted him about that and he said he no longer makes them due to the store (he would go to) that used to sell the material for the harness had closed years ago.

Anyone with standard ash thought of removing the upper torso by just sliding it up? After removing the arms of course I think I can replace the entire one piece torso as it is just going over their normal Adam body.

Anyone with standard ash thought of removing the upper torso by just sliding it up? After removing the arms of course I think I can replace the entire one piece torso as it is just going over their normal Adam body.
It's glued down on the inside on his right side. I made a small cut along that side and then cut that glue area. And of course cut the bottom groin area to slip the torso off.

It's glued down on the inside on his right side. I made a small cut along that side and then cut that glue area. And of course cut the bottom groin area to slip the torso off.
Does it still have the normal inner body inside it? I can replace the chest piece as I still have a adam body chest piece so switching it out isn't an issue.

Funny how this thread became a thread dedicated to fixing the $350 figure so that it is acceptable…not “improving” by the way…FIXING.
It would be funny if Asmus weighed in from time to time and also offered potential solutions.

As an owner of the "luxury" I score this around 80%.
Disappointed by the fixed torso and other things. There are legit issues and false issues like pants not fitting spoiler alert, they do fit.

It's also a matter of perspective. I mainly collect statues and custom lifesize busts in the +2-3k range. My annual salary is +250k usd and I am fortunate to have the disposable income that can support my purchases. I don't volunteer this info to brag or create a divide, but to illustrate some perspective. A 350 dollar figure does not impact me the same as some who have to save and budget, therefore it's eaiser to look beyond issues same as those who collect NECA do. They rationalize that a 25 dollar NECA is affordable and decent for the price and didn't break their bank. Well, a 350 dollar figure has the impact on my take home to dollar spent ratio. I am not excusing it, justifying it or anything, but from my perspective, I am not upset about the money I paid. So don't come down on someone like me who bought it, can afford it and enjoys it. If this had broke my budget and or I had to save diligently to buy it and then the quality was not proportionate to my financial sacrifice, I would be upset. But guess what, for me I was like " hmm, it could have been better but I love Ash and this is good enough for the economic impact it had on me" I have every much a right to my opinions as anyone else.

Back