Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a mock up using the measurements Brian gave me. With all the satisfaction going on around here I have to decide if I want to make it to fit the lux or simply my own diorama. To be honest the lux cellar door is a tight fit for any other pose than a grabbing hand. We'll see though.

View attachment 558799
The cellar door hinges open all the way up to 90°

I think a sculpt of her holding it up would work...???..

Andy , I'm sure that you've heard the saying " If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck " .

That's the same with your video , you can title it as an unboxing or instructional video but only the first minute or so was the unboxing the rest was you giving your opinions on the figure which is the same as a review.

If you had simply unboxed it and shown off the figure while staying silent or some funky music in the background then fair enough but you didn't.

Firstly you say that the headsculpt is more of a cartoonish/comicbook look rather than photo realistic, implying that was the look that they were going for but it wasn't.

Have a look at the proto paint that is very nice and film/ photo realistic, the fact is they dropped the ball with the final paint and gave it a cheap flat paint job and one eye wondering off in a weird direction which wasn't intentional .

1 Paint on Ash head is very different blood looks too uniform like a sweatband , it's very flat and cartoonish .

2 shirt collar looks ridiculously huge and oversized.

3 Neck is way too big and bulky compared to the head that sits on it

3 Body is different and too narrow, look at the shoulders

4clothing is very different, cheaply made and cut , trousers don't close .large stitching.

5 Boots are huge and look like something off a Frankenstein figure

6 Henrietta headsculpts being sent out without hair and the ones that have hair are only painted slightly better than the ones that don't.

7 Neck connector for deadite head is overly long .

8 The Ash possessed head , the teeth are clean

9 The awful swap out arms with huge ridiculous folds in the skin .

10 soft sculpt dagger

11 Oversized shotgun

12 Misaligned holster
13 Suspect weathering

You glossed over all of that which is a disservice to collectors who are looking for guidance.

What your video does is give a pass to Asmus who shared your video as they are happy with the content.

I know that you can do much better , you have a voice use it

Now the nice part , the video was filmed very nicely and clear close ups of all the parts and accessories.

"I know that you can do much better , you have a voice use it"....

Wow...what an arrogant SOB. Andy, you don't owe anyone any qualifiers for not reviewing anything the same way they do. I appreciate all your observations and for sharing the pros and the cons. Now the haters are gonna switch from piling on ASMUS to ragging on you for not hating it as much as they do. This hobby is so full of self entitled titty-babies.....

The cellar door hinges open all the way up to 90°

I think a sculpt of her holding it up would work...???..
It comes down to the logistics of getting the arms fitting in such a small space. I may have figured it out however.

DSC_0110.jpg

Speak for yourself bud. I'm more than happy with my set up. Does that bother you? That I like something that you don't? Move along. Move along. Shoo fly.
" More than happy " oh dear it gets worse 🤣 . There's one born every minute 😪

"I know that you can do much better , you have a voice use it"....

Wow...what an arrogant SOB. Andy, you don't owe anyone any qualifiers for not reviewing anything the same way they do. I appreciate all your observations and for sharing the pros and the cons. Now the haters are gonna switch from piling on ASMUS to ragging on you for not hating it as much as they do. This hobby is so full of self entitled titty-babies.....
" Arrogant SOB "

WOW ! Looks like I've upset the president of the Asmus Appreciation Society 🤣

I do wish they'd actually painted the sculpt the same and changed the hair. The hair feels more like Evil dead 1 than 2.

I do prefer this one to my sideshow one though. Who knows maybe one day Hot toys will give us a DX with changeable face plates and pers..... we could of dream.

Still more than happy with this though, I think it's just preference on collectors.

Last edited:
People are completely free to like/dislike what they want to. After all, it's their collection, not yours. That being said, none of that changes the fact that Asmus is a shady AF company and delivered a figure that did not look close to the prototype and had tons of issues. They only reworked some of those issues after the arrogant titty babies spoke out loudly enough about some glaring issues. Reworks that some of you are now reaping the benefits from in your collection while at the same time raging about the complainers, the very people who helped you receive a better (still not great IMO) figure than you would have.

Been waiting for my Ash figure from KGhobby, checking the updates on tracking all week and when it came this is what i got🤦‍♂️:
IMG-20220127-WA0002.jpeg

On the bright side though, they messaged me and said they will send me an Ash from the new (good) batch when it arrives sometime in February

Been waiting for my Ash figure from KGhobby, checking the updates on tracking all week and when it came this is what i got🤦‍♂️:View attachment 558881

On the bright side though, they messaged me and said they will send me an Ash from the new (good) batch when it arrives sometime in February
Looks good. It just needs a repaint, change the body and change the clothes and you are all set.

People are completely free to like/dislike what they want to. After all, it's their collection, not yours. That being said, none of that changes the fact that Asmus is a shady AF company and delivered a figure that did not look close to the prototype and had tons of issues. They only reworked some of those issues after the arrogant titty babies spoke out loudly enough about some glaring issues. Reworks that some of you are now reaping the benefits from in your collection while at the same time raging about the complainers, the very people who helped you receive a better (still not great IMO) figure than you would have.
--

I don't demand/expect/want any acknowledgment/credit for all the criticisms & raging about the obvious issues with the figure or the brand's shady practices resulting in a supposedly better figure.

That would be like a certain member of another group taking credit for getting 1:6 figures of a well celebrity being produced that is also hampered by a ignoramus on social media resulting in collectors sitting on the fence or being turned off about the figure among other things.

Not a single complainer can claim that. However people are now reaping the benefits of a handful of titty babies. I find the exchange from such benefactors hilarious as they attempt to critique the people who got them a better figure. lmao What a hobby.

No no no lol , that's not how retail works, you get the buzz from purchasing something and that initial unwrapping/unboxing and you don't want to be disappointed so you kid yourself. It doesn't happen if you don't buy it.
You’re right, that only happens when the item sells out. Then those people freak out and do the “I should’ve just bought it” thing & “I regret not being able to get it. Now it’s on eBay got high prices”. But I totally agree with you about the purchaser vision. I’ve seen this MANY times. The face could be melted off and some people will swear it’s still the best thing ever because they paid for it and they need to make sure they still feel good about it. It doesn’t ALWAYS happen, but I’ve seen it a good deal.

But, I’ve also seen the other thing. Where someone hates a figure… it sells out, then months later I see said person trying desperately to get it for retail. 🤷‍♂️ There’s lots weird things that happen in our lovely hobby. However, for this figure, I don’t have it in hand yet and can still return it/cancel it. So I don’t feel that saying “I like it” is because I already spent the money when I’ve been playing it by ear and waiting. That defending a bad purchase thing usually happens later in the game

Back