Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our video unboxing and instructional video. Hope you like it.

I came late to being aware this was even available--just now really-- and missed all the issues along the way--that seem resolved?--but this looks pretty great to me.

Nope mines definitely on that body, it's almost the exact height of the at011 body (middle) jx-01 (right) it's possible it's the combination of that particular headsculpt and shoes I'm using making the figure a normal height, it definitely doesn't look out of place if that's the case so if it is short extending the ankles would still work, sorry about the photo qualityView attachment 558658
Yes, if it feels short I will go for ankle extenders. I see you have the dvd necronomicons. I have 4 + Trickortreat one.they are so cool

Screenshot_2022-01-26-14-55-27-248_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-26-14-55-31-125_com.whatsapp.jpg

Last edited:
Not really 🤯 It's still a fail from Asmus 🤣🤣
A "fail" according to those that don't even own it. 😆 I don't think I have seen anyone that actually have it in hand call it a "fail". Here or on Social Media. And that they regret the purchase. I have however seen people say they regret canceling now so...there's that.

This thread went from mob mentality with pitch forks and shaming. Some people actually going as far to tell other collectors to cancel their orders to people actually liking the product once they had it in their hands.

The more I read in-hand reviews based on pictures and videos (so far), I believe the following breakdown in terms of acceptance/dislike/favorability applies.

1. Generally speaking, the customizers are satisfied with it because of the fact they are customizers and they already planned to alter/fix whatever shortcomings came with the luxury or standard edition.

2. There are still those who are put-off by how the brand handled the production lapse along with non-transparency (i.e., the principle of the matter) and will not get the figure because it rewards/supports the brand.

3. There are those (not customizers) who either directly or indirectly come across with the so what they attempted to screw us over again mindset. In the end, the figure is what I want with or without faults and I’m okay with it.

In the end, I suspect the ultimate real winner is the brand because they managed to avoid a due and proper shellacking while still going through a very tumultuous period of justified displeasure from collectors. In the end, they’re still getting money and getting supposedly deserved and earned satisfaction of varying degrees from collectors with the figure (problems and all).

They got away with it again.

Not only that, but collectors within this thread are further splintered with said and unsaid animosity over a figure.

Aside from the stickers and Henrietta there weren't any other "fixes" 😆
True, but at least they also fixed the paint on henrietta, aside from hairing her.
The henrietta paint fiasco was a pretty heavy discussion on this thread.. so yeah.

I imagine if henrietta is just haired, but still comes with the cake topper paint, people won't be very happy receiving it. 😅

They got away with it again.

Not only that, but collectors within this thread are further splintered with said and unsaid animosity over a figure.
This is what I'm concerned about.
If asmus released a product with issues, but people are like "it's okay we can fix this and that" and be totally fine with that, then they will think that it's okay to release a figure that way.

I mean, this is a $350 licensed figure, and they didn't even bother to fix the deadite ash's neck peg. That speaks a lot about the brand's attitude.

I still don't quite believe that it was simply an oversight. The photo they showed was definitely the prototype bust, which was done to buy time while they painted and haired anything that hadn't already shipped. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it took another week before we saw those photos of multiple haired and repainted busts.

While I don't have mine in hand yet, I've watched the unboxing videos, and still see QC issues that could have been prevented. The eyes on Ash are painted strangely, the bloody forehead is way overdone, and the body & seamless arms are a pretty big let down. The Posessed Ash Head sculpt is okay, but the paint scheme once again is off. Chainsaw bar is too short, and should not be curved, and the top of the saw is inaccurate. Linda's hair is also completely wrong, but it was wrong in the proto shots as well.

With that said, there also appears to be a lot to love about it. The head sculpt is pretty decent, though a touch cartoony, but it captures a young Bruce which is no easy task. The base looks great, along with the repainted Henrietta. The book has pages, and the dagger is nicely detailed and weathered. I think ultimately the reason people are settling down, is because they've had time to get used to the changes, and accept them. Such is life.

I'm glad I kept my pre-order, but I'm not happy that I will need to put money into fixing some of the issues, including completely replacing the body. This is my first purchase from Asmus, and my first impression of them isn't a great one unfortunately.

Nope mines definitely on that body, it's almost the exact height of the at011 body (middle) jx-01 (right) it's possible it's the combination of that particular headsculpt and shoes I'm using making the figure a normal height, it definitely doesn't look out of place if that's the case so if it is short extending the ankles would still work, sorry about the photo qualityView attachment 558658

I wonder if it's truly the same size as the TTM22 because that's a super small body, but this looks really good here. I can't imagine boots making that big of a difference.

Aside from the stickers and Henrietta there weren't any other "fixes" 😆
The arms are still horrible and the paintjob could be much better, and the deadite connection....
Also showing a prototype as a production item is concerning...
Yes, the figure is better now, still not amazing, and thanks to people who pushed asmus to do some fixes.
So yea, for me is stil a fail for asmus, a fail that they handeled poorly but thankfully they ended fixing parts of it.

The arms are still horrible and the paintjob could be much better, and the deadite connection....
Yes, the figure is better now, still not amazing, and thanks to people who pushed asmus to do some fixes.
So yea, for me is stil a fail for asmus, a fail that they handeled poorly but thankfully they ended fixing parts of it.
A "fail" you are still purchasing correct?

I still don't quite believe that it was simply an oversight. The photo they showed was definitely the prototype bust, which was done to buy time while they painted and haired anything that hadn't already shipped. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it took another week before we saw those photos of multiple haired and repainted busts.

While I don't have mine in hand yet, I've watched the unboxing videos, and still see QC issues that could have been prevented. The eyes on Ash are painted strangely, the bloody forehead is way overdone, and the body & seamless arms are a pretty big let down. The Posessed Ash Head sculpt is okay, but the paint scheme once again is off. Chainsaw bar is too short, and should not be curved, and the top of the saw is inaccurate. Linda's hair is also completely wrong, but it was wrong in the proto shots as well.

With that said, there also appears to be a lot to love about it. The head sculpt is pretty decent, though a touch cartoony, but it captures a young Bruce which is no easy task. The base looks great, along with the repainted Henrietta. The book has pages, and the dagger is nicely detailed and weathered. I think ultimately the reason people are settling down, is because they've had time to get used to the changes, and accept them. Such is life.

I'm glad I kept my pre-order, but I'm not happy that I will need to put money into fixing some of the issues, including completely replacing the body. This is my first purchase from Asmus, and my first impression of them isn't a great one unfortunately.
Well said, guys.

Point is, this is not a figure that was judged poorly before people have it in hand, and now that they have, the wave turned around.
No. Asmus failed this release with many issues, and people who have it in hand are the first to complaint upon what they've received.
It's a major backlash, from them and the members here, in FB and on this thread that prompted asmus to admit their mistakes and posted their apology.

the unfortunate thing is that asmus tried to defend themself by posting proto pics and saying that it's an actual production piece, and cutting corners by not painting the scratches in the body. But those actions shed a light on how shady they are, and hopefully they will learn from this fatal mistake and change their way.

The fortunate thing is, they tried to fix and revised the following batches, and even though it still has issues, but it's much better than the first batch, and that is what made the members here start accepting, and liking the figure. :)

Back