Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really loving this custom sculpt someone posted on FB the other day. Probably one of the better Ash sculpts I've seen, and doesn't have the same cartoonishness that most others have. .

FB_IMG_1643061700486_1.jpg

I would definitely buy a Blitzway Ash. Hopefully someone gets the Army of Darkness licence and gives us a decent Ash.

I'm really loving this custom sculpt someone posted on FB the other day. Probably one of the better Ash sculpts I've seen, and doesn't have the same cartoonishness that most others have. .

View attachment 558464
This is the iminime Army of Darkness figure that was released a while back. Best likeness for Bruce I have seen.

So here's been my 1:6 Ash Journey. I remember back in 2011 ish I contacted Beto for his custom Ash set. I think the price was $500 at the time. Then few years later I ended up selling the Beto to some guy that would not take no for an answer. I ended up selling him for $950. 😯 dude was serious and came through. Wasn't long after that Sideshow announced theirs. Had the Sideshow up until Asmus announced theirs. And now Asmus with mods. Curious what the future will bring for this character. Maybe Blitzway or Threezero will be able to grab the license. It doesn't hurt to have options out their for us collectors.

View attachment 558456
It's funny, back when Beto did those initial runs I thought that despite how great they were, the prices were outrageous. In hindsight, for a full, custom figure, that's not bad at all. Particularly in the context of Hot Toys selling pretty basic figures for nearly $300 now. I so wanted Beto's Beetlejuice back in the day.

Love the work you've done on the new Ashes, by the way. The comparison pic with the stock paint job versus your custom really highlights what a drastic improvement that is.

It's funny, back when Beto did those initial runs I thought that despite how great they were, the prices were outrageous. In hindsight, for a full, custom figure, that's not bad at all. Particularly in the context of Hot Toys selling pretty basic figures for nearly $300 now. I so wanted Beto's Beetlejuice back in the day.

Love the work you've done on the new Ashes, by the way. The comparison pic with the stock paint job versus your custom really highlights what a drastic improvement that is.
Yeah man I agree, $500 then was like yikes.. now HT are creeping up to that. Hell now there's custom runs costing $2-3K it's crazy.

And thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm not a very confident painter so I usually send sculpts off to those that can do better. But Deadite Ash was kinda a second though so figured I'd give it a shot.

Dang that was fast, just got my standard version today and I gotta say the figure actually looks quite nice in hand. And the outfit feels higher quality and is much better tailored than I was expecting from earlier pics, where it kept looking really cheap and shabby for some reason.

Only issues that jump out at me are of course the simplistic paint job and that belt which needs replacing. But obviously there was always going to be less stuff to correct on this version than the deluxe.

Dang that was fast, just got my standard version today and I gotta say the figure actually looks quite nice in hand. And the outfit feels higher quality and is much better tailored than I was expecting from earlier pics, where it kept looking really cheap and shabby for some reason.

Only issues that jump out at me are of course the simplistic paint job and that belt which needs replacing. But obviously there was always going to be less stuff to correct on this version than the deluxe.
Groovy! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the set and your pics.

Where/when did you order your standard from?

Mine finally got here!
Henrietta looks pretty good, she has hair haha
I’m happy with the set, one concern I have is posing Ash. The weight of the chainsaw might cause the elbow joint to loosen over time when posed up.

All in all I’m happy I kept the luxury set.
Wow. That Henrietta looks damn good! I hope mine looks even close to that. I’m in the Sideshow bunch so I’m waiting to see how that pans out.

I'm very tempted to get the Lux now but I think I'll be ok with just the standard release. Glad to know the figure is decent enough once you put some work into it.

N.S.C I believe still offer him I might be wrong but they only sell on ebay with a retail or $200 for bare bones. I do like this set though.
Ive been trying to find one of those, as far as I know they have none left, if anyone finds one on eBay please let me know

So here's been my 1:6 Ash Journey. I remember back in 2011 ish I contacted Beto for his custom Ash set. I think the price was $500 at the time. Then few years later I ended up selling the Beto to some guy that would not take no for an answer. I ended up selling him for $950. 😯 dude was serious and came through. Wasn't long after that Sideshow announced theirs. Had the Sideshow up until Asmus announced theirs. And now Asmus with mods. Curious what the future will bring for this character. Maybe Blitzway or Threezero will be able to grab the license. It doesn't hurt to have options out their for us collectors.

View attachment 558456
Rzeznikk if you would do me a favor to put Evil Ash head toward the muscular Asmus Ash figure, so they can be that Evil Ash overdosed in that game Evil Dead Regeneration (the last great game of Evil Dead btw guys)...
1643165172643.png

Attachments

• 1643165112493.png
    1643165112493.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 28
Back