Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, from what I can tell, these newer Henriettas look really decent. I'm still a bit put off by the Asmus rep showing us the prototype and inferring that it was a production piece, though. Frankly that's one of the primary reasons I'm considering not going through with the order now, because I think the figure and base, despite their many flaws, are not too far removed from what I would expect from a company of this sort.

The lack of scratches on the body and requirement to pay for shipping when it was originally supposed to be free are some of the other major issues I have.

Repainted Deadite Ash sculpt. Gave him a paler complexion with a white wash. Repainted the eyes a whiter white. Repaint the sunken eyes with a more correct pink/purple than what Asmus did with it. Painting isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Weathered the Asmus shirt and gave it the same water texture "still water" effect as Hero Ash ripped shirt.

Funnily when I ordered this Luxury edition I didn't really plan on using the Deadite sculpt but after the issues arose with the stock body (no cuts/seemless arms are pretty crap) I decided to look at another body. So now it birthed this Deadite display. Not sure where I will display him though as I think having him in the detolf with Hero Ash might be a little overkill.

FB_IMG_1643128864539.jpg
FB_IMG_1643128867384.jpg
FB_IMG_1643128869689.jpg
FB_IMG_1643128872179.jpg
FB_IMG_1643128874773.jpg
FB_IMG_1643128889628.jpg

Yeah, from what I can tell, these newer Henriettas look really decent. I'm still a bit put off by the Asmus rep showing us the prototype and inferring that it was a production piece, though. Frankly that's one of the primary reasons I'm considering not going through with the order now, because I think the figure and base, despite their many flaws, are not too far removed from what I would expect from a company of this sort.

The lack of scratches on the body and requirement to pay for shipping when it was originally supposed to be free are some of the other major issues I have.
This, I agree 100%.
Their shadyness stopped me from ordering any asmus product ever again.

The lack of scratches and the unfit neck peg should not happen for an officially licensed $350 figure.

After this debacle, after the revisions and fixes, I hope they changed and start being a good honest company. We'll see :)

Repainted Deadite Ash sculpt. Gave him a paler complexion with a white wash. Repainted the eyes a whiter white. Repaint the sunken eyes with a more correct pink/purple than what Asmus did with it. Painting isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Weathered the Asmus shirt and gave it the same water texture "still water" effect as Hero Ash ripped shirt.

Funnily when I ordered this Luxury edition I didn't really plan on using the Deadite sculpt but after the issues arose with the stock body (no cuts/seemless arms are pretty crap) I decided to look at another body. So now it birthed this Deadite display. Not sure where I will display him though as I think having him in the detolf with Hero Ash might be a little overkill.

View attachment 558443View attachment 558444View attachment 558445View attachment 558446View attachment 558447View attachment 558448
That is a very cool water texture effect, really works, and really shows the dead zombified watery effect on deadite Ash!

View attachment 558446
This looks absolutely great! The head looks excellent and that collar looks gross and awesome. Amazing work!

This, I agree 100%.
Their shadyness stopped me from ordering any asmus product ever again.

The lack of scratches and the unfit neck peg should not happen for an officially licensed $350 figure.

After this debacle, after the revisions and fixes, I hope they changed and start being a good honest company. We'll see :)

That is a very cool water texture effect, really works, and really shows the dead zombified watery effect on deadite Ash!
Thanks. Yeah I love this stuff. It works great. May take a few coats to get it to where you want it but it's a great product.

I'll probably repaint the severed hand next. Then I'll wait for the new body and see how that looks on Hero Ash. Otherwise I think I'm about done with the mods. Sit and hope for a harness run at some point. Or even a custom sculpt. The Asmus works, but it would be nice to get a 100% bang on Bruce/Ash sculpt at some point. I don't think anyone has nailed it yet. Betos has probably been the closest, but even that looks off too.

ZomboMeme 25012022105426.jpg
ZomboMeme 25012022110348.jpg

Woah, amazing work Rzeznikk!! The repaint is a huge improvement, and the shirt looks perfect. Did you paint the neck as well? Also, where did you find that awesome stand? Looks vaguely familiar.

I'd 100% display this beside Hero Ash. Snap a pic and let's see how they look together on the shelf?

Last edited:
Woah, amazing work Rzeznikk!! The repaint is a huge improvement, and the shirt looks perfect. Did you paint the neck as well? Also, where did you find that awesome stand? Looks vaguely familiar.

I'd 100% display this beside Hero Ash. Snap a pic and let's see how they look together on the shelf?
Thanks. I didn't paint the neck, but it was already weathered and grimy from an old custom on had. So it kinda works. The stand is from the old McFarlane Toys Sleepy Hollow Headless Horseman.
Here's a pic of Deadite with Hero Ash in the Detolf. I just may end up making a second detolf display for him. As I've done that for a few characters. Ghost Bob Myers...New Blood Jason... and I'll have two separate displays for Fright Night Jerry whenever I get him.

20220125_113759.jpg
20220125_113815.jpg

My biggest issue with the whole set is Ash's eye. I'm wondering if anyone is planning on/knows a method to solve that eye issue. I absolutely love all the custom work people are doing to him, but the first thing I look at is that eye and it hugely distracts me. In fact, the more people customize the rest of him, the more the eye stands out.
If repainting the eyes isn't an option for you, but you have some skill, you could pant over the irises, apply an iris decal and position it in a way that looks pleasing to you, then apply a gloss coat overtop. Otherwise, you could send it out for a repaint by someone skilled at painting 1/6 head sculpts.

Thanks. I didn't paint the neck, but it was already weathered and grimy from an old custom on had. So it kinda works. The stand is from the old McFarlane Toys Sleepy Hollow Headless Horseman.
Here's a pic of Deadite with Hero Ash in the Detolf. I just may end up making a second detolf display for him. As I've done that for a few characters. Ghost Bob Myers...New Blood Jason... and I'll have two separate displays for Fright Night Jerry whenever I get him.

View attachment 558454View attachment 558455
Ahh that's what it is! I owned that set maybe 20 years ago, but I couldn't place it. Is that the whole stand, or did it come in two halves? I can't seen to recall.

I agree with you. Possessed Ash deserves that base, and if you're using detolfs then he'll need his own to make enough room. Now I really wish I still had that stand lol.

View attachment 558454
Army of darkness vibes here
MV5BODcyYzM4YTAtNGM5MS00NjU4LTk2Y2ItZjI5NjkzZTk0MmQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

So here's been my 1:6 Ash Journey. I remember back in 2011 ish I contacted Beto for his custom Ash set. I think the price was $500 at the time. Then few years later I ended up selling the Beto to some guy that would not take no for an answer. I ended up selling him for $950. 😯 dude was serious and came through. Wasn't long after that Sideshow announced theirs. Had the Sideshow up until Asmus announced theirs. And now Asmus with mods. Curious what the future will bring for this character. Maybe Blitzway or Threezero will be able to grab the license. It doesn't hurt to have options out their for us collectors.

Picsart_22-01-25_11-55-17-264.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh that's what it is! I owned that set maybe 20 years ago, but I couldn't place it. Is that the whole stand, or did it come in two halves? I can't seen to recall.

I agree with you. Possessed Ash deserves that base, and if you're using detolfs then he'll need his own to make enough room. Now I really wish I still had that stand lol.
It was all one piece, but I've removed some branches for other customs 😆

Keep an eye on Ebay I've seen that set on there a few times. Usually around $100.

Army of darkness vibes here
View attachment 558457

Exactly! 😆 I'm sure Bruce won't mind. Is all seriousness though, I'll give the M32 a try. I'd like a full seemless torso too. So hoping that will work for him. Otherwise those bodies Swedishhat posted might be an option too.

I too would be in for a BLITZWAY Ash Williams 1:6 figure from EVIL DEAD 2 or ARMY OF DARKNESS.

If BLITZWAY took on the ASH VS. EVIL DEAD, then I'd be for that as well.

So here's been my 1:6 Ash Journey. I remember back in 2011 ish I contacted Beto for his custom Ash set. I think the price was $500 at the time. Then few years later I ended up selling the Beto to some guy that would not take no for an answer. I ended up selling him for $950. 😯 dude was serious and came through. Wasn't long after that Sideshow announced theirs. Had the Sideshow up until Asmus announced theirs. And now Asmus with mods. Curious what the future will bring for this character. Maybe Blitzway or Threezero will be able to grab the license. It doesn't hurt to have options out their for us collectors.

View attachment 558456
Look at your three Ash figures I have to say Asmus Ash looks the most like Bruce.

Back