Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it really necessary to call someone out for a post they made then deleted on Facebook ? That place is a **** hole and I probably would've deleted my post aswell if it was just a bunch of people hating, let the man use his Facebook how he pleases
The forums are no different, no need to make a post on fb and when people politely disagree come back on here and trash them .

So if you disagree you are a hater lol ?

The forums are no different, no need to make a post on fb and when people politely disagree come back on here and trash them .

So if you disagree you are a hater lol ?
Not at all mate but knowing the sesspool Facebook is I wouldn't be surprised if people are hating for the sake of hating that's all people seem to do these days, I would agree tho alot of the negativity is definitely deserved. Although I'm happy with the release after they sorted their **** out that is

If anyone wants to watch the trilogy edited into one big film (3hrs 46mins) this guys video description has a link to his fan edit on Google drive, download at you're own risk ! There's was no viruses when I downloaded it a few weeks ago! The editing is excellent not only in the movies going seemlessy into one another but also removing some inconsistencies like ash going to the bridge at the start of 2 to find out it's destroyed even though he already did it in 1 also a really good flashback scene in 1 showing Annie and Raymond knowby finding the book in Castle kandar this is in my opinion the ultimate way to watch the trilogy

Not at all mate but knowing the sesspool Facebook is I wouldn't be surprised if people are hating for the sake of hating that's all people seem to do these days, I would agree tho alot of the negativity is definitely deserved. Although I'm happy with the release after they sorted their **** out that s

This looks pretty decent, I haven't had the chance to change the shirt yet. I do wish they'd use better buttons rather than plastic snap ones.

Rise above it bud I deleted the post as my pictures didn't do justice. Also haven't got time for negativity especially when I'm getting pm's about how rubbish it looks"

Apologies if I offended anyone by removing myself from drama.
Not true mate , you always delete your posts on fb when people don't agree with you lol

Not at all mate but knowing the sesspool Facebook is I wouldn't be surprised if people are hating for the sake of hating that's all people seem to do these days, I would agree tho alot of the negativity is definitely deserved. Although I'm happy with the release after they sorted their **** out that iso

Not at all mate but knowing the sesspool Facebook is I wouldn't be surprised if people are hating for the sake of hating that's all people seem to do these days, I would agree tho alot of the negativity is definitely deserved. Although I'm happy with the release after they sorted their **** out that is
Oh the irony because of all us so called " haters " and " Whinn
Oh the irony ! Because of all of us " haters" and " whining " people who called out Asmus publicly on this forum post and on FB Godfather 1408 ended up getting a Henrietta with hair.

Oh the irony because of all us so called " haters " and " Whinn

Oh the irony ! Because of all of us " haters" and " whining " people who called out Asmus publicly on this forum post and on FB Godfather 1408 ended up getting a Henrietta with hair.
Yep the negative response is definitely what made them at least try to fix the figure also did you mean to quote 3 times lol

If anyone wants to watch the trilogy edited into one big film (3hrs 46mins) this guys video description has a link to his fan edit on Google drive, download at you're own risk ! There's was no viruses when I downloaded it a few weeks ago! The editing is excellent not only in the movies going seemlessy into one another but also removing some inconsistencies like ash going to the bridge at the start of 2 to find out it's destroyed even though he already did it in 1 also a really good flashback scene in 1 showing Annie and Raymond knowby finding the book in Castle kandar this is in my opinion the ultimate way to watch the trilogy

Thanks for sharing, Kyall! (y) gonna watch it as soon as I'm free from work!

I guess we have a diferent opinion about what a total beast is.... and a 350 figure that needs a ton of work is not a beast.
Sure, with some stickers and the henrietta repaint (stil not the same as the production from asmus) the set is better, but is stil not a 350 set...

Not at all mate but knowing the sesspool Facebook is I wouldn't be surprised if people are hating for the sake of hating that's all people seem to do these days, I would agree tho alot of the negativity is definitely deserved. Although I'm happy with the release after they sorted their **** out that iso

Yep the negative response is definitely what made them at least try to fix the figure also did you mean to quote 3 times lol
No that was an accident lol , I stopped going on forums around 2005/6 when fb started up . I'm a little rusty 🤣 . I used to sit in front of my PC back in those days late 90s early 2000s chatting on forums, now with a phone it's a bir different

Wow this looks good, RZ!

Love what you are doing, im gonna try it myself, first time im gonna custom myself something, im a pro warhammer painter so i guess i can deal with it.
Im waiting to get the body until know wich one gonna be the best option.
I dont think i can replace the hair without destroying the head, may be i try some color wash or something like that first.
Thanks for the pics and inspiration!
Thanks guys. Deadite Ash is next.

This looks amazing mate ! Sent you a pm
Sent you a reply

I guess we have a diferent opinion about what a total beast is.... and a 350 figure that needs a ton of work is not a beast.
Sure, with some stickers and the henrietta repaint (stil not the same as the production from asmus) the set is better, but is stil not a 350 set...
I'll disagree. And here's my logic in this. Most people getting this figure in hand have been mostly happy. The stand alone figure is $200 and it's justified at $200. Now when you throw in all the extras for an additional $150 (even though there's QC issues) you won't Find that amount of goodies anywhere for cheaper or same price.

Hell you commission a diorama from a good diorama builder you are looking to pay $200+ just for that. Probably more.

Shop around with some diorama builders and see what their prices are. I was looking at buying one of Nightmare Arts Ghostbusters bases. 140 Euros. And that's for a standard HT DX style base.

Henrietta is more than decent in hand. Especially when she's being displayed in the Cellar base.

The real true QC fails of the Luxury set now boil down to the Deadite Ash sculpt not fitting the body. And Linda's hair. But she was never shown with correct hair to begin with so we ordered hoping they fix it. But now we've discovered how they operate.

Anyways, even though there are QC issues, you won't find all this in one package at the same cost. That's the reality of it. Even parted out you are probably looking spending $150-200 for the Asmus base alone. I think there's still a lot here Evil Dead fans can and will enjoy. But that may just be my personal opinion

Mine finally got here!
Henrietta looks pretty good, she has hair haha
I’m happy with the set, one concern I have is posing Ash. The weight of the chainsaw might cause the elbow joint to loosen over time when posed up.

All in all I’m happy I kept the luxury set.

Attachments

• C44A14C1-6813-4B96-8802-B377D953CA34.jpeg
    C44A14C1-6813-4B96-8802-B377D953CA34.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 75
  • F8042495-87E9-40C5-8871-674929B46CEB.jpeg
    F8042495-87E9-40C5-8871-674929B46CEB.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 75
Mine finally got here!
I’m happy with the set, one concern I have is posing Ash. The weight of the chainsaw might cause the elbow joint to loosen over time when posed up.

Hell yeah man that Henrietta looks great!

Mine finally got here!

--

How would you rate the paint application on your Henrietta compared to pictures shared by others so far?

--

How would you rate the paint application on your Henrietta compared to pictures shared by others so far?
It’s way better than those early pics and the cake topper.
Is it proto level. No. But always expect a drop off.
One thing I will say is it’s hard to capture the paint correctly on the phone.

Mine finally got here!

Asmus only publicly admitted/acknowledged the omitted hair, but it's evident now that the sculpts all had a major paint overhaul as well. Too bad they couldn't be more transparent about that.

I'm glad they made the correction though, and I'm looking forward to customizing my lux edition using tips from this thread. I think the lux edition will definitely appreciate in the next few years, regardless of whether or not the owner chooses to make upgrades.

With all the cancellations that took place, I wonder if Asmus will offer that inventory for sale directly, or send them to third party retailers? I doubt they'd just sit on them, as it seems they produced all the pre-ordered pieces.

Mine finally got here!

Your photo did bring out the colors of the skin and even the blood drips and all looks good here.

Mine finally got here!

Looks SO much better than the first ones they sent out! I know some people keep saying 'It's not prototype level' but I think it looks really good! It's a shame Asmus didn't show a photo of the prototype Ash and say 'This is exactly what you'll be getting' as then they'd have also been forced to paint him :ROFLMAO: The fact that Henrietta had no hair meant that they had to show a prototype with hair, which prompted the uproar and revision of her paintwork.

My biggest issue with the whole set is Ash's eye. I'm wondering if anyone is planning on/knows a method to solve that eye issue. I absolutely love all the custom work people are doing to him, but the first thing I look at is that eye and it hugely distracts me. In fact, the more people customize the rest of him, the more the eye stands out.

Back