Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you kidding me? I was actually still ok with getting this after the initial pics, but now this is the last straw, that looks horrible.....and canceled my Lux, hopefully I can get my NRD back

I’m literally having cognitive dissonance at this point. I canceled already but there is no way it is so bad that the alternate headsculpt sits like that. That’s so incredibly baaaaaaaaaaaad. Omfg.
Happy I canceled. PO’d the Hot Toys TBOBF Deluxe Boba Fett instead 🤷🏻‍♂️

Having the same connector in the Deadite head as the regular would probably have been a good idea…
Just take the ball joint out and put the headsculpt on some blue tack on top of the neck or something. SST Rorschach figure had the same problem.

Just take the ball joint out and put the headsculpt on some blue tack on top of the neck or something. SST Rorschach figure had the same problem.
Yes it’s a simple fix but yet another thing you shouldn’t have to do.

Are we sure that head is attached correctly? The head wasn't sticking that high up in that YT review that was posted a couple days back.
It actually was, you can see it particularly well in the still at the end when it’s laying down. The connector is just overly long. Looks fine once it’s removed.

Attachments

• 8207D9EB-D472-4B15-B83C-8F2BE13BD4CF.jpeg
    8207D9EB-D472-4B15-B83C-8F2BE13BD4CF.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 8A5871AF-4096-4B26-B74B-546CBB93139D.jpeg
    8A5871AF-4096-4B26-B74B-546CBB93139D.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 146
Wow! Those pictures of Evil Ash just made this the worst 1/6 figure release in recent memory…it just raced past Molecule 8 Lennon in the race to the bottom.
Also surprised that the awful tailoring of a simple blue shirt isn’t getting more attention…to me that is almost the most unforgivable aspect of the figure…it’s a simple blue shirt!!!!! How do you get the collars on a simple blue shirt so wrong?

Anyone still keeping their order? lmfao
Yes. I’m keeping mine. At least until I get it in hand and see what I get. Worst case scenario, I return it to SS

edit** y’know, I just remembered another thing. When it was first brought up by someone that they changed the luxury edition from 666 to whatever, I asked the rep in here if that was true because I couldn’t find it reported anywhere and all the listings still said the limited to 666 thing. They said that had not changed. So that’s another thing that kinda ticks me off. I mean, not to the point I would’ve cancelled prior to this whole thing, but they should have made that known and had the listings updated anywhere. I still haven’t seen an official confirmation that the edition size changed. Is that anywhere?

Last edited:
--

This reminds me of instances prior to the forum's change of name/ownership (as far as I know/recollect) when very heated discussion threads about absolute failures in production design and quality control resulted in condemnation against SSC.

Of course such threads carried on until it reached a point where you know who and some admins had to step in for a variety of reasons including back door communications from SSC to the forum resulting in warnings to cease, etc. due to board rules.

Since the board changed hands (as far as I know), I don't believe a thread like this resulted in this much justified outrage against a brand (other than SSC) occurred asides from past glaring offenses by the brand in question.

The posting of board rules and chiming in from two admins makes me wonder if the brand have a controlling influence and/or stake within the board that we may not be aware of? Whether it does or not is likely irrelevant and none of our business and the admins are simply suppressing the angry protestors to possibly placate a board benefactor and/or exercise control.
As a former forum moderator, let me defend the mods here for a second. Yes, the owner (Dave) doesn't want people trolling companies, and getting overly nasty in threads. But it's not a sinister conspiracy--I think he might have had some business interests in Star Ace in the past, but am not 100% sure. But the mods are simply trying to follow general board guidance about creating a good environment for both members and companies.

If threads constantly went down the rabbit hole that we get a glimpse of here, then two things would happen:

1) Members who want to know what's going on, and who want to be reasonable about things, will get turned off and not participate. There have been a couple of posts to that effect here. Personally, I'm only still paying attention because I want to see more in-hand pics. Being critical is fine, and expected. But it is helpful to be constructive and civilized about it. Having fun is great, too, but at a certain point it just becomes mean spirited. This is a question of what you want the mood and vibe of the forum to be, and who you want to encourage to participate. There are some guys here who just seem to revel in trolling the company. You can say that is justifiable at some level because of disappointment and bad behavior by the company, but at the end of the day what kind of atmosphere does that create for the forum as a whole?

2) It's a good thing to have companies know about, and participate in this forum. Now you can argue that they will want to participate anyway for business reasons, but I've seen companies and customizers leave and just ignore the forum altogether because there's no benefit in trying to wade through the trolling and unpleasantness. And when that happens, you lose a medium for communication and it doesn't benefit anyone.

I get the frustration personally. I'm very disappointed with what we are seeing, and think several decisions by Asmus are questionable at best. At the end of the day, I'm just happy I have the Sideshow version, because I think that's going to be the best, mass produced Ash we're going to get. However, there are diminishing returns on beating a dead horse. We still haven't seen decent, in-hand pics yet, and this may yet be salvageable. But I'm not convinced.

It actually was, you can see it particularly well in the still at the end when it’s laying down. The connector is just overly long. Looks fine once it’s removed.
Whose photos are those, and how did they remove it? Can it be shortened and reattached?

Whose photos are those, and how did they remove it? Can it be shortened and reattached?
Mine. There was only a dab of glue holding it in place so it didn’t even need heating up, just a pair of needle nose pliers. Cut it down and reattached it.

Mine. There was only a dab of glue holding it in place so it didn’t even need heating up, just a pair of needle nose pliers. Cut it down and reattached it.
Oh that's good to hear. What are your impressions of the set overall, now that you have it in hand? Did you wind up with a follicly challenged Henrietta?

Since we havent seen a ton of pics from the luxury would you mind doing a little photo shoot and give us your thoughts? Is our worry fully warranted and is this the disappointment we're all expecting?

So, this is another DIY thingy the customer have to do with this figure?

Hmm, I think at this point, there's no longer a need to discuss with asmus rep. It seems like they really f-ed this figure, and give no d*mn about it.

Oh that's good to hear. What are your impressions of the set overall, now that you have it in hand? Did you wind up with a follicly challenged Henrietta?
Yep, like a bowling ball…best way to describe it is a fixer upper. Without rehashing what’s already been said, if you’re willing and able to invest time and more money in it I think there’s potential but there’s a major difference between modding something for fun and doing it because something you’ve paid a decent amount of money for only feels partially finished.

Attachments

• 7D8F65FB-AE6A-4C82-973E-9FB15EAD5533.jpeg
    7D8F65FB-AE6A-4C82-973E-9FB15EAD5533.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 116
  • D082A4BB-6A33-44ED-9214-44AF7D686956.jpeg
    D082A4BB-6A33-44ED-9214-44AF7D686956.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 119
As a former forum moderator, let me defend the mods here for a second. Yes, the owner (Dave) doesn't want people trolling companies, and getting overly nasty in threads. But it's not a sinister conspiracy--I think he might have had some business interests in Star Ace in the past, but am not 100% sure. But the mods are simply trying to follow general board guidance about creating a good environment for both members and companies.

If threads constantly went down the rabbit hole that we get a glimpse of here, then two things would happen:

1) Members who want to know what's going on, and who want to be reasonable about things, will get turned off and not participate. There have been a couple of posts to that effect here. Personally, I'm only still paying attention because I want to see more in-hand pics. Being critical is fine, and expected. But it is helpful to be constructive and civilized about it. Having fun is great, too, but at a certain point it just becomes mean spirited. This is a question of what you want the mood and vibe of the forum to be, and who you want to encourage to participate. There are some guys here who just seem to revel in trolling the company. You can say that is justifiable at some level because of disappointment and bad behavior by the company, but at the end of the day what kind of atmosphere does that create for the forum as a whole?

2) It's a good thing to have companies know about, and participate in this forum. Now you can argue that they will want to participate anyway for business reasons, but I've seen companies and customizers leave and just ignore the forum altogether because there's no benefit in trying to wade through the trolling and unpleasantness. And when that happens, you lose a medium for communication and it doesn't benefit anyone.

I get the frustration personally. I'm very disappointed with what we are seeing, and think several decisions by Asmus are questionable at best. At the end of the day, I'm just happy I have the Sideshow version, because I think that's going to be the best, mass produced Ash we're going to get. However, there are diminishing returns on beating a dead horse. We still haven't seen decent, in-hand pics yet, and this may yet be salvageable. But I'm not convinced.

Thanks, karamazov.

One point though, Dave isn't the current owner.

Asmus are a Lifetime Premium Member, but not a Sponsor.

Regardless of status it's about maintaining a good environment, as karamazov wrote.

Individuals and companies are afforded the same respect. Companies are comprised of individuals, and I'd imagine collectable companies are generally relatively small compared to the big faceless giants of other industries. As under Dave's ownership the forum welcomes companies to the board so they can engage with its members. We don't want members to create such a hostile or vindictive atmosphere whereby companies are discouraged from engaging at all, possibly making resolutions to any issues less forthcoming.

Doesn't mean you can't be critical, but criticism is best delivered in a measured manner.

Hopefully Asmus will continue to respond, and continue to make right the errors made with this set.

Yep, like a bowling ball…best way to describe it is a fixer upper. Without rehashing what’s already been said, if you’re willing and able to invest time and more money in it I think there’s potential but there’s a major difference between modding something for fun and doing it because something you’ve paid a decent amount of money for only feels partially finished.
Yikes, it looks like someone actually took the time to paint the clothing correctly, then ran out of time on the rest and just lightly blasted it with the airbrush in a couple spots. They should've stuck with 666 sets as originally intended. Looks like they just got greedy and stretched themselves too thin. The irony is they lost sales and are possibly back down to somewhere near 666 final sales.

Since we havent seen a ton of pics from the luxury would you mind doing a little photo shoot and give us your thoughts? Is our worry fully warranted and is this the disappointment we're all expecting?
Picture quality won’t be great but what we’ve seen so far is what you get. Base is weighty, pretty good in hand. Bust is solid but paint job is dull and flat and obviously the missing hair. Shotgun and dagger seem oversized to me. Basically the set feels like it was rushed and not made by people who love the film/character as much as the people reading this thread do.

Attachments

• EA7DC18D-E6A5-43AD-A535-097C33DE8FFD.jpeg
    EA7DC18D-E6A5-43AD-A535-097C33DE8FFD.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 8FB85E06-ACEA-4C7E-8290-508988DB652D.jpeg
    8FB85E06-ACEA-4C7E-8290-508988DB652D.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 8A7EA7D5-07FF-4288-AE8E-89B6BF745B86.jpeg
    8A7EA7D5-07FF-4288-AE8E-89B6BF745B86.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 160
  • AFC2530B-AB0C-46C1-9423-F45D18F1393D.jpeg
    AFC2530B-AB0C-46C1-9423-F45D18F1393D.jpeg