Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm calling ********. Thanks for the replies but showing us the prototype Henrietta aint gonna cut it. lol No way that **** is production when we've already seen the cake topper version in release. Talk about bait and switch. Did you do the same for the figure pics earlier? Colors arent even close between the first two photos and the second two. You must think we're easily fooled.

Attachments

• WeChat 圖片_20220113203455.jpg
    WeChat 圖片_20220113203455.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 154
  • ash-williams-luxury-edition_evil-dead-ii_gallery_60f741ab8fd7a.jpg
    ash-williams-luxury-edition_evil-dead-ii_gallery_60f741ab8fd7a.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 271801962_1605721913139234_2102714784234535462_n.jpg
    271801962_1605721913139234_2102714784234535462_n.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 271811225_1605723433139082_7267290530405293802_n.jpg
    271811225_1605723433139082_7267290530405293802_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies but showing us the prototype Henrietta aint gonna cut it. lol No way that **** is production when we've already seen the cake topper version in release. Talk about bait and switch. Did you do the same for the figure pics earlier? Colors arent even close on the first and third pic I posted.
You got a point.

Let's make it this way then, if any of the Henriettas received in hand, doesn't look like the pics posted by Asmus here at all, then Asmus has to replace it with the same Henrietta as shown in the pics by Asmus here:
WeChat 圖片_20220113203455.jpeg

Because it's only going to be fair that way, right?
Asmus provided the pics here to show us what to expect in hand.. so be it!

It is very interesting that your new photos of Henrietta have absolutely identical mole placement to the prototype images as well as identical blood application. I'd assume all these things would be more randomly applied on a mass produced version? The collar paint is also identical, whereas it's a lot more poorly done on the in hand customer image. Maybe it's worth taking a photo of all of your opened Henriettas to confirm that she does in fact look like these latest images?

Regardless, Ash still looks too cartoony for my liking. I already have Dark Horse's stylized version on order, so I've no need for two caricature Ash's.

I can't cancel my preorder now. I dodged one bullet with the Premier Toys Max figure but this one has got me. Lesson learned: act in haste, repent at leisure. Damn you Ash Willams! I'll try and breath life into it somehow, I still want an Ash figure.

I'm calling ********. Thanks for the replies but showing us the prototype Henrietta aint gonna cut it. lol No way that **** is production when we've already seen the cake topper version in release. Talk about bait and switch. Did you do the same for the figure pics earlier? Colors arent even close between the first two photos and the second two. You must think we're easily fooled.
I have to agree here. They look like the same piece. I have no skin in this but looks right to me. ☝️:exactly:

Poor show if Asmus are now trying to get one over on us by showing the prototype.
Yeah, if it turns out that this is the case, even if production Henrietta is OK (not great, but OK), I'll have to cancel out of principle. Not cool. Just comparing the paint on the medallion alone seems to tell the tale.

Yeah my first thought was- that’s just the proto Henrietta. If that’s the case, Asmus will be finished. The differences between the in hand, hairless version and what they’ve shown are worlds apart. It just seems unfathomable that the hairless one could ever make it into the packaging if it’s meant to look like the proto.

I think everyone just needs to wait for in-hand reviews and vids to start showing up because Asmus has lost all credibility now and people expect the worst after that Ace Ventura.

I also like how their response to requesting pictures of the retail figure was basically ’You will have this as soon as some random guy in his bedroom decides to put a review on YouTube.’
Is it really so hard to just take one out of the box, put it on the diorama and take a snap to put an end to all of this speculative hysteria?

Also, it would be extremely strange for them to absolutely 100% nail Henrietta's paint work and texturing on the production piece, but cut corners with Ash, who clearly has a more simple paint job in their new office photo. Why put all the effort into Henrietta and not the main event?

We opened 6 pc today at office, Henrietta all look good. but if anyone is out of luck. The replacement are already under preparation as we speak.
Post photos of all 6 then.

What you're trying to sell and what customers are getting are 2 entirely different things.

Yeah my first thought was- that’s just the proto Henrietta. If that’s the case, Asmus will be finished. The differences between the in hand, hairless version and what they’ve shown are worlds apart. It just seems unfathomable that the hairless one could ever make it into the packaging if it’s meant to look like the proto.

I think everyone just needs to wait for in-hand reviews and vids to start showing up because Asmus has lost all credibility now and people expect the worst after that Ace Ventura.

I also like how their response to requesting pictures of the retail figure was basically ’You will have this as soon as some random guy in his bedroom decides to put a review on YouTube.’
Is it really so hard to just take one out of the box, put it on the diorama and take a snap to put an end to all of this speculative hysteria?
Yeah, this happens so often. A few bad pictures show up and people go straight to panic mode. I get it to some degree, but also I feel like often once more in-hand reviews and videos pop up figures aren’t always as bad as people initially think. I’m waiting to see how this turns out.

That is most definitely a photo of the proto used for their promo materials.

Attachments

• asmus2.png
    asmus2.png
    456 KB · Views: 108
I was really looking forward to this one ... but sadly, I cancelled. Even received a refund on my NRD through Sideshow so I'm happy about that. This was really disappointing but, for the price point and all the controversy I can spend my money elsewhere on better figures. Maybe one day someone else will make a better Ash. Here's hoping!

Sorry but no, the fact that something that the name in the box is wrong tells a lot about control of quality, how its even possible that some henriettas came bald? Its a limited serie that cost 350 dollars..
Why the pic is from the boxed ash, not out of it, why theres no pics of the full set? Wait for a third party? Just do a video unboxing it, people are concerned, is that the real henrietta or another prototype?
This is not hate, this is legit concern for people who love evil dead and gonna spend 350 dollars in a figure

Back