Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think the positive side of this for the people is that it sparks the customizing movement from the people who has the skill to do it.
Very interesting to see how it goes, and I agree, there has to be people with mad 3D skills who can make a decent Ash headsculpt with great likeness!

It would be amazing if we upgrade this figure with some small projects, a headsculpt, wich body is better to replace it, new clothes... Im totally in, i love evil dead to much
--

If I'm not mistaken, I believe a few chimed in about going the customization route to replace certain components from the figure.

The common denominator for the options boils down to price and how much the character means to the individual collector to pursue such options.

I read one reply stating much $ was spent towards a certain character to get it "perfect". I honestly cannot criticize such dedication. It may come across differently to others, but I personally been down that path so I relate.

It all depends on the collector.

I'm amazed there still aren't any on there. Unless most people are just perfectly happy with their Sideshow version and don't see the need.
--

It's likely "the lesser of two evils" perspective. What was once considered mediocre at best and panned is now considered superior due to a significantly inferior offering where the comparison is very stark.

I've witnessed permutations of this cycle across the 1:6 hobby for all themes/types of 1:6 figures.

This is no different.

I have done a couple of custom runs in the past. The real issue is getting people to commit. I've had a number of projects fail because people just dont pony up the dough. For Example: My Slimer had over twenty people on the interest list. Half of those never put down a payment or ditched for one reason or another. My custom Sloth from Goonies failed entirely because not a single person on a list of twenty put money down. I was forced to part out the kit to anyone and everyone across the net.

With this being a current release its almost too risky to even attempt it. Ultimately the question comes down to if people are satisfied with the stock figure once its in hand. I'll be doing a Henrietta to test my skills and maybe make my own diorama (if i buy the figure) and if others want one I'll make them available.

Yeah, theres lots of little complications. People will surely fight over what body works best, torn shirt or not, were the pants this color or that color and so on. I thought I could get a pretty good deal on the clothing, each set running two hundred or less but the tailors slow to respond. Not to knock em but we get into yunsil and iris territory prices are going to skyrocket.

Yeah, theres lots of little complications. People will surely fight over what body works best, torn shirt or not, were the pants this color or that color and so on. I thought I could get a pretty good deal on the clothing, each set running two hundred or less but the tailors slow to respond. Not to knock em but we get into yunsil and iris territory prices are going to skyrocket.
Yeah for Yunsil shirt/pants set we would be looking at $500+.

Gustavo bautista ponce is great with leather work in 1/6, you can check his facebook page.
Im in if theres any project to improve,.but not under de 500 dollar budget...

Screw using Yunsil or Iris will likely take 3 years to deliver and will cost $300. 🤣

Hnlee could probably do a full clothing set for $150 or a shirt run with harness for around $90 + amazing tailoring, Sonia Santos is another suggestion she's just dome evil Ed for Legio7 there's a fair few alternate tailors. Could even Ask Alex Flippov todo a sculpt + use his tailor.

Last edited:
Yeah I was considering these brown corduroy pants I saw on ebay last week, but ultimately didn't think they would work for Ash. Seemed like they'd probably look too thick on the figure.

s-l1600.jpg

The trick is, an outfit run for Ash is that the shirt would be torn and Idk if anyone wants to have a full shirt version over the famous torn shirt look. I do know other good artist other then yunsil and iris.

Maybe Asmus will completely fund and sponsor the shirt and harness run and mail them out for free, along with the stickers, for anyone who purchased the figure. :monkey3

Beto did those for his run they were so weird looking on the figure. I don't remember them being corduroy.
wait is beto still around? As in beto-bot?
Yeah I was considering these brown corduroy pants I saw on ebay last week, but ultimately didn't think they would work for Ash. Seemed like they'd probably look too thick on the figure.

View attachment 558009
I think the issue is the thickness of it and the pattern. You could use that material but realistically you wouldn't be able to make out a pattern like that from far away or at that scale. So you'd either need a really fine tailor or make it in such a way that it implies it's that material without having it be that material if that makes sense.

We could ask Pete's paintworks who made the pants for his amazing custom, they had the right idea and made the pants out of a rougher material, it still doesn't quite imitate corduroy but it at least doesn't look like random brown pants

Back