Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot! Yeah I paid a 20% deposit and the last thing I want is to cancel it but here we are. :(
You're very welcome, glad to help. I hope you get your deposit back!

Yes, I feel you.
I certainly hope asmus will learn the lesson albeit in a hard way.
It's time for them to clean up their act and do the right thing.

At this rate I would totally jump on board if someone were to organize a new custom Ash thread on Customonesixth. I know there was that Betomatali one ages ago, but seeing what people are capable of now in terms of tailoring and 3D sculpting, they could probably come up with something even better today. Because this is another character like Indy that I just don't think a licensed company is ever going to do justice to.

collectables_toys_evil_dead_2_-_beto_matali_1-6_scale_ash_figure_lbx.jpg

Last edited:
At this rate I would totally jump on board if someone were to organize a new custom Ash thread on Customonesixth. I know there was that Betomatali one ages ago, but seeing what people are capable of now in terms of tailoring and 3D sculpting, they could probably come up with something even better today. Because this is another character like Indy that I just don't think a licensed company is ever going to do justice to.

View attachment 556835
I would be 1000% down for that

Urg, that sucks man. Hopefully you can do something with it. Do you plan to customize it or are you just done at this point?

In fairness, I understand why some collectors are frustrated about others being willing to “give the figure a chance”
It surprises me that anyone acting in good faith can’t see this.
No one truly cares about what anyone else enjoys or displays in the privacy of their own home, but it comes down to “accountability,” “improvement”, and frankly how the poor taste of some, can ruin things for others.
If the majority of people who see this release refuse to reward the company by buying it, they will be forced to do better in the future and other companies will follow suit.
If the overwhelming majority decide that it is “good enough!” Well…as the saying goes…WHAT GETS REWARDED GETS REPEATED.
And anyone who cares about high quality 1/6 scale figures being produced loses.
What arrogance some of you have. We are upset with you because you are not handling this the way we want you to.

In fairness, I understand why some collectors are frustrated about others being willing to “give the figure a chance”
No one truly cares about what anyone else enjoys or displays in the privacy of their own home, but it comes down to “accountability,” “improvement”, and frankly how the poor taste of some, can ruin things for others.
If the majority of people who see this release refuse to reward the company by buying it, they will be forced to do better in the future and other companies will follow suit.
If the overwhelming majority decide that it is “good enough!” Well…as the saying goes…WHAT GETS REWARDED GETS REPEATED.
Sorry bud, but as I've mentioned before in this thread, I see potential in this set that I'm willing to fix. And as I've mentioned theres far more than I originally planned to do....I won't deny that this set is littered with QC issues and Asmus should be ashamed to release it as is, but now... I dunno about you, but I don't cancel orders because other people besides myself don't like it. You don't like it (many dont) and that is absolutely cool and everyone has that right. But try to be a little more respectful to those that are "willing to give this a chance". 😉

But going forward this is the last straw with me with Asmus. I hope they stay far FAR away from any further 1:6 horror. If they don't have a passion for it and wont take 1:6 horror collectors serious then they shouldn't bother. I know I'm done pre-ordering from them and will be waiting for the final product from here on out.

Last edited:
That just sounds condescending to me. I know you mean well, but who are you to judge what other people want to *give a chance on*? Many here will already have a tendency on if they buy or not, but they wanna wait, so what?

I don't like Funko pops. Does that mean I go around town telling people they shouldn't buy Funko Pops because they're not the greatest collectibles? Of course not. Let people buy whatever they want man.

That just sounds condescending to me. I know you mean well, but who are you to judge what other people want to *give a chance on*? Many here will already have a tendency on if they buy or not, but they wanna wait, so what?

I don't like Funko pops. Does that mean I go around town telling people they shouldn't buy Funko Pops because they're not the greatest collectibles? Of course not. Let people buy whatever they want man.
Down with the FUNKO!! Shame those that buy the FUNKO! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Urg, that sucks man. Hopefully you can do something with it. Do you plan to customize it or are you just done at this point?

I have 2 sets. However if I get stuck with them I'll likely just sell a set or break it down and sell for parts.

Plan on working on the other think it has potential.

I think, like @Rzeznikk does, that this figure has some potential with custom work but it is a shame that Asmus delivers it this way. I hope people in ebay break down those luxury sets and they pop up soon (the deadite head). I recently bought the dagger and necronomicon, maybe I will buy the normal set and change body, repaint head, change to seamless arms, new shirt ripped..etc

Last edited:
Just opened this guy up and had a quick set up, not had a chance to have a proper look at all the accessories etc.
Tried to get some decent photos in natural light.

It's really not as bad as I was expecting, henrietta sucks and the seamless arms are super crap but apart from that.. I'm fairly happy with it.

I'll have a proper look at everything later.

Attachments

• 20220119_104731.jpg
    20220119_104731.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20220119_104737.jpg
    20220119_104737.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 20220119_104745.jpg
    20220119_104745.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 20220119_104751.jpg
    20220119_104751.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20220119_104754.jpg
    20220119_104754.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 20220119_104800.jpg
    20220119_104800.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220119_104933.jpg
    20220119_104933.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 20220119_104930.jpg
    20220119_104930.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 20220119_104807.jpg
    20220119_104807.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 183
Just opened this guy up and had a quick set up, not had a chance to have a proper look at all the accessories etc.

It's really not as bad as I was expecting, henrietta sucks and the seamless arms are super crap but apart from that.. I'm fairly happy with it.

1642590451964.jpeg

It's cool if you're fairly happy with it. :)
Thanks for the pics. I'm sure the members here are happy to see more in hand pics here, so they can decide to keep or cancel it.
Of course each has their opinion about the figure and we should all be respectful about it.

About the figure itself,
Is henrietta's paintjob that bad? from your pics, it looks like she has no paint at all..
Also can the zipper close?

Do the pants do up or do they just keep undoing?

It's cool if you're fairly happy with it. :)
Thanks for the pics. I'm sure the members here are happy to see more in hand pics here, so they can decide to keep or cancel it.
Of course each has their opinion about the figure and we should all be respectful about it.

About the figure itself,
Is henrietta's paintjob that bad? from your pics, it looks like she has no paint at all..
Also can the zipper close?
The pants won't close, it's like they tailored them to the old body.. Then switched to the Dante body and didn't account for the extra width.

Henrietta is the worst part of this set for me, it's in desperate need of a repaint, the skin tone is flat and looks like a rush job.

The base is pretty nice, it's super heavy.
I noticed a few folk being concerned about the boots, they don't look out of proportion but could do with being weathered up a bit.
The deadite Ash head is.. Okay.. Again would benefit from a repaint, same with the severed hand.

Long story short, alot of this could really benefit from a repaint.
It's not horrendous (apart from henrietta) but It's not as bad in hand as I expected it to be from the photos floating about.

If anyone wants close up shots of accessories etc I'll see what I can do.

Back