Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're absolutely right we need more comments like this, and I apologise for my outburst
--

Hey man.

We're all frustrated.

I don't take what you posted/said personally.

We all have a right to voice our opnions/views and the right to agree, disagree, or be indifferent.

We all just want our 1:6 figures to be worth it for our hard earned $.

It's all good.

The issues with this figure are pretty clear. No need to repeat it over and over again, I agree. Many other figures from other companies has issues as well, definitely, that is a fact. But for each issues, there's a degree.. a level. How low can that be? Also, I think what pissed off the customers and many members here is how asmus behaved upon those glaring issues.

The fact that they displayed the prototype pics and stated that it's the actual mass production really made an outrage, how they lied to the customers like that. And when they do apology, they are still being -quoting the words from member here- condescending and self righteous.
They have admitted their mistakes, and I'm sure we all appreciated it, but unfortunately, what they do after (lying etc) is what people think is wrong..
and that's why you'll find posts like this here:

So then,

Are you going to send stickers too for that typo?
Anyways, being serious here. I personally don't hate you asmus. If you stop being shady, and deliver a good product, at least as advertised as in the prototype (a small downgrade from the proto is normal and acceptable, of course, we all know that), we as collectors will be happy. Basically any company make great products is always a good thing, including you. Nobody wants you to be destroyed or burned. But you need to step up your game. Never advertise something you can't deliver. And do better PR+quality customer service: stop lying, don't ignore messages and complaints, and don't send bad replacement parts, etc..

A good company will not send a private message just to a member here (@DeltaForceChung) to convince him to change his mind or perspective about you, while being silent and ignore the legit questions by other concerned members on this thread.
So @Asmus, since you're actually here, and read every posts we've made.. why don't you try to change our perspective about you here, in public, on this thread?

I have been replying the issues for the figures.

--

This thread brought out the best and worst from members in vary degrees to the point where frustrations and tempers are evident.

I believe some come off as being hypocritical with a "so what" attitude.

I have my reasons for disliking @$MU$ and their reactions/responses for this debacle is for all to see.

For those who are open to forgive, you're a better collector than I. I hold grudges when I am clearly wronged and very seldom I forgive.

@$MU$ wronged collectors how many times over the years and yet there are those who are still open/willing to look past that?

I used to hold a strong dislike for threezero, but their GI JOE & POWER RANGERS offerings turned it around and made me optimistic about the brand provided they keep it up. I still don't care for their other licensed offerings (i.e., GoT, TWD, etc.) due to previous disappointments. If they drop the ball with GI JOE & POWER RANGERS, then it's over.

The last thing we want is unsaid hard feelings among collectors where it's turning into a @$MU$ is fine/great versus @$MU$ sucks, but this thread proves that is the case with a volatile middle ground.

Maybe the more level headed or principle driven members within this thread are the ones @$MU$ needs to engage for a genuine dialogue? I'm certain there are those who'll willingly volunteer for such.

Then again, I believe there are some who are likely blind, bribed, and misguided loyalists looking the other way than acknowledge the core facts and truths (lack of) what happened and trying to look like they're taking the higher road.

That's just bull crap.

Of course we're repeating it because they're not ******* listening and if anything collectors want to be heard. Obviously some of my posts are meant to be jokes. Others I feel are pretty serious. Yes, I'm one of the people who feel this is worth canceling. Yet, I'm still holding out to see if they make this right. I'm not talking about slapping some hair on or sending us stickers. I'm talking about honestly addressing other concerns like lying about production vs proto, Henriettas paint, the missing slash marks, the horrible seamless arms, mismatches skin tone hands, and the possibility some of the figures pants dont fit properly. These are legitimate complaints that need legitimate answers and you'll continue to hear about them until they're solved. It's simply a part of life.

Yes. The biggest problem here is not the troublesome figure itself, but asmus' attitude.
And that is why I keep asking them to respond here properly.

As for their loyalist.. well, I shared your confusion and frustrations about it, @DeltaForceChung. Even one of them booted me out from the Asmus customer support not answering back thread. I admit that is the wrong place to post my questions and concerns about Ash, but we all have addressed it here without any reply from them (this was before george shows up), and a member here told me that asmus responded in that other thread, so I have no choice but to post the questions and concerns there, to which george replied, and it's proven helpful for the members and customers here.

Ah, good to see you here!
I don't think you have addressed all the issues on the figure.
For a starter, let's discuss Henrietta's paintjob. Your rep, george, said that this picture is taken from the actual production piece that you guys opened and inspected.. so can you confirm that this will be the exact level of paintjob that the customers will receive?

WeChat 圖片_20220113203455.jpeg

because from what i see in the pic, the level of paintjob is very different from what's received by a customer, as you can see in the comparison pic below:

henrietta.png

I'd appreciate if you would respond to this, and not disappearing again. Thanks! :)

--

I call bull crap on that.

Your replies IMHO are very minimal and you're deliberately and purposely evading some very legitimate and valid questions your collectors/customers are asking/posting.

You have replies that are viewed as being arrogant, condescending, defiant, etc. that clearly shows contempt and disrespect to your collectors/customers.

Admit you screwed up with humility and sincerity.

Make a public apology for screwing up Ash and all of your proven past blunders.

Ask for forgiveness from your collectors/customers.

Have an open dialogue with your collectors/customers for genuine feedback and don't be defensive or selective in how you reply.

Do things your competitors are not doing by doing the preceding and that'll likely allow you to get some credibility and respect back from the 1:6 community.

If not, then it's on you and not your collectors/customers that are dwindling.

--

I call bull crap on that.

Your replies IMHO are very minimal and you're deliberately and purposely evading some very legitimate and valid questions your collectors/customers are asking/posting.

You have replies that are viewed as being arrogant, condescending, defiant, etc. that clearly shows contempt and disrespect to your collectors/customers.

Admit you screwed up with humility and sincerity.

Make a public apology for screwing up Ash and all of your proven past blunders.

Ask for forgiveness from your collectors/customers.

Have an open dialogue with your collectors/customers for genuine feedback and don't be defensive or selective in how you reply.

Do things your competitors are not doing by doing the preceding and that'll likely allow you to get some credibility and respect back from the 1:6 community.

If not, then it's on you and not your collectors/customers that are dwindling.
Oh this is a very very good post, Delta. Well said!

If I can add one specific request, please send the customers who preordered your luxury edition Arwen a proper artbox, and don't ask us to pay for the shipping. :)

Oh this is a very very good post, Delta. Well said!

If I can add one specific request, please send the customers who preordered your luxury edition Arwen a proper artbox, and don't ask us to pay for the shipping. :)
--

I wonder if that admin is going to move that comment/request to the LOTR section's thread?

;) :p

Which is actually surprising as most of their tailoring has been great with their LotR line. But again it all boils back to how rushed this set is.
Their LOTR figures and others have outfits made by POP Toys so that explains the quality. Asmus made Ash's outfit this time so you might see the difference.

I have been answering questions for them there too,
but a few members have been replying things I don't know how to answer
--

The preceding is Asmus' reply from another thread about this thread.

@Asmus:

Either you don't clearly understand the questions being asked due to a communication barrier (i.e., you don't comprehend context and nuances, etc.) or you're simply being evasive and oblivious.

I believe you KNOW how to answer, but deliberately declining to do so of your own choice or you're being instructed not to by higher ups in the company because they don't want to make themselves look bad in front of their collectors/customers.

Guess what?

They already do.

If that's the case, tell them to get over it and do the right thing.

The way things are looking they would rather do things in a half measure than doing it right all the way.

my second question to @Asmus.. what happened to the three scratches in the body and the unpainted nipples?
Do you expect the customers to paint it by themselves?

Oh man, I really hope @Asmus is not running away again from here. We are just about to get a good start for a proper communication..

Thought I would post this again. lmao

View attachment 556289

That's one of my issues with the figure, he genuinely looks like a toy. He would have been outstanding as a NECA or a 1:12 figure and definitely lacks the tailoring and details I'd expect from a 1:6 figure.

Again, don't want to add more fuel to the wildfire, but objectively this looks like an upscaled NECA at best. While I think a full on repaint will definitely bring out that head, as it is this feels like the Sideshow Snake Plissken debacle all over again.

I know the following is unlikely and unrealistic.

Can we make this issue known to the current legal IP holders of the EVIL DEAD 2 license that made the deal with @$MU$?

Why?

Simply . . . "Hey. You need to know that @$MU$ is totally screwing up your license with a piss poor quality figure of Ash Williams that is totally upsetting loyal fans of the film franchise."

Yes, there are some copies that are missing hair, and those ones are the problematic batch,
so far as we go through, roughly 7~8 %, and that is already mass enough for us to replace the whole lot,
and that is why we are re-making the whole lot to and checking everything before we ship out.

We are very sorry this happens, we have let down many people we are trying every hard to please, and it ends like is killing us.
that is why we are doing all we can to fix the problem, regardless the cost.

OK looking past Henrietta.

Let's be simple and not rude, I get that some of us our angry but let's ask the questions.

Question 1

Those scratches on the body are missing from the final, is there any reason for this?

Yes, there are some copies that are missing hair, and those ones are the problematic batch,
so far as we go through, roughly 7~8 %, and that is already mass enough for us to replace the whole lot,
and that is why we are re-making the whole lot to and checking everything before we ship out.

We are very sorry this happens, we have let down many people we are trying every hard to please, and it ends like is killing us.
--

Finally!

Now please address the other questions posted.

Ok,

So that explains about the hair. Apology accepted about that issue, and you are doing your best to fix it, thank you.
But I would like to know if you are also going to fix Henrietta's paintjob?

Along with my previous question about Ash's scratches.. would be great if you can address that as well. :)

I think we all just want to know what happened? I was looking forward to getting this figure and then saw the final pictures. Henrietta is one of many problems with this set.

The scratch mark is canceled because we re-use the same muscular skin on the body that we use on Dante and other figures,
so if the scratch are made, they will be just flat printing, not a physically sculpted.

boss thought this is a cut corner approach, if it has to be done like that, he would rather not have it.

Back